Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets had Milliner and Richardson in their Top 4 Overall - Idzik

JetsInsider.com Legend

Jets had Milliner and Richardson in their Top 4 Overall - Idzik

As reported on NFL Network by Kimberly Jones.

Yes, he said the guys they drafted were 2 of their Top 4 OVERALL rated players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Rex Ryan had too much input on the Jets draft board

I don't doubt it. I am sure most teams with picks in the top 15 feel the same way since most draft boards vary, especially in this draft.

Happy with the picks, but obviously the Jury will be out on these guys until camp opens. my concern is Milliner's health.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    As reported on NFL Network by Kimberly Jones.

Yes, he said the guys they drafted were 2 of their Top 4 OVERALL rated players.
    The other 2 were probably Austin and Mingo.

hmmm. what does that say about our scouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Proof? Evidence that will prove beyond the shadow of a doubt?

They always say stuff like that

When we picked Milliner I heard someone say he was 5th on our list. Mingo, Jordan, Cooper, and Austin where listed as our top 4. 3 went right in a row before we picked. Personally I think we lucked out I didnt want Cooper or Austin at 9.

Because they drafted defense? You are speculating.

If we had taken Jordan at 9 (assuming he dropped) and Milliner at 13 (assuming he dropped) would you be saying the same thing? What if the Jets had Richardson ranked higher than Jordan?

And what if he did? Did Rex lead us in the wrong direction with the Coples and Wilkerson picks?

What offensive players did you want? The guys that were taken in the 20's?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    depends on how they turn out

Why is his the response just because the Jets took defensive players?

It's so shady

Is Idzik not supposed to evaluate the defensive side of the ball?

What about BPA?

There is no doubt in mind Austin or Mingo is the pick at #9 if both available.

C'mon

Milliner FELL to us.

let that sink in for a second.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Thank you. Milliner wasn't even the best corner in the draft by MANY different scouts. But he was our #2 player in the entire F'N draft???

I cannot believe it but it's the 1980s all over again. I'm having flash backs of Haight, Vick, and Jeff Lageman all over again.

Our FO is more into the shock value of the pick rather than building the team. History is repeating itself. At this point, I'd take Richard Todd right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

There is no doubt in mind Austin or Mingo is the pick at #9 if both available.

C'mon

YES YES YES

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Because they drafted defense? You are speculating.

If we had taken Jordan at 9 (assuming he dropped) and Milliner at 13 (assuming he dropped) would you be saying the same thing? What if the Jets had Richardson ranked higher than Jordan?

And what if he did? Did Rex lead us in the wrong direction with the Coples and Wilkerson picks?

What offensive players did you want? The guys that were taken in the 20's?
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Thank you. Milliner wasn't even the best corner in the draft by MANY different scouts.
    you should stop saying that because it makes u sound a bit foolish.

Thank you. Milliner wasn't even the best corner in the draft by MANY different scouts. But he was our #2 player in the entire F'N draft???

I cannot believe it but it's the 1980s all over again. I'm having flash backs of Haight, Vick, and Jeff Lageman all over again.

Our FO is more into the shock value of the pick rather than building the team. History is repeating itself. At this point, I'd take Richard Todd right about now.
    LOL

You are unbelievable

Jets Insider VIP
    If we grab someone like Zach Ertz, Keenan Allen, or Larry Warford tomorrow in the 2nd round, then I'll feel a lot better about today.

Wouldn't be against Geno or Glennon either.

I was surprised that Ray Lucas really liked the pick.

All League
    Every GM says the same BS every year, yeah we got the guys we wanted and had ranked higher.

If you had Richardson ranked in your top 4 you have no business running or even working for an nfl team. That pick was a joke