Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you have picked?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chance Warmack or Jarvis Jones and Tyler Eifert.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks15 View Post
    a trade (or 2) down
    Takes two to tango. Assume you can't trade down, then what?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Chance Warmack or Jarvis Jones and Tyler Eifert.
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd go Warmack and then Jarvis. 2 Major needs.
    People talk about taking the BPA. With that mentality than we might be going CB and D-line again in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That make sense?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    People talk about taking the BPA. With that mentality than we might be going CB and D-line again in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That make sense?
    Using BPA means you could have Chuckles the Clown do your picking.

Who knows, maybe we do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Would it surprise you?

This staff is stuck in the 1970s-90s.

CB's don't win ships anymore and we sure as **** didn't need a 1st round DL, again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack, jones, star, eifert, trade down

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Having slept on it, the only thing I can figure out here is that Woody was determined to get rid of Revis and Rex, who is still carrying some clout, said he could agree to that but only if he could replace him with a high quality talent in the draft. I don't see Idzik's voice in this at all. I would guess that if Idzik was pulling the strings, he might have valued a replacement corner a bit less... but maybe not. If Milliner WAS the BPA on their board, he would have stayed with it as well. Just wish we had put our eggs in a different basket and gone with Warmack. But then I have to believe that Marty M. didn't value Warmack as highly for his system either...
    Pretty good post except that I doubt Woody/Rex agreed on anything. Idzik restructured Cro rather than extending him. He has an almost 15m cap hit in 2014 and the cap savings if cut or traded is 9.5m. Add the fact that Dee was BPA at 9 and the pick fell perfectly for us.

I was originally pulling for Warmack but I presume the Jets had Cooper on their board instead. With him and Austin gone there was no offensive side pick that wasn't a significant reach at 13. Richardson was BPA and now we get to look forward to a top 5 defense which is at least something.

Now if we can get Kelce in the 3rd and Ivory for our 5th then our offense is well on its way. Maybe Warfort at 39 would be a good start.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack and Star

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack at 9 and either Jones or Milliner (if he was still there) at 13.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am ok with the picks, but if i was the GM:
    9- Warmack
    13- trade down/star

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack Eifert

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack and star

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the 9th pick.

If Jets thought the 13 pick best overall player was that injury prone defensive guy rather than waste a pick on him they should have traded that pick for two lower level picks and got us two offensive guys.

That 13 pick will be first player out of NFL in top 13 picks. The Steelers and Pats O-line alone will Dennis Byrd him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Warmack, jones, star, eifert, trade down
    cross out Star and Jones due to health risk. Eifert maybe much later in round 1, but definitely a reach at 13... huge reach at 13. Especially with Ertz likely there in round 2 and there is some decent depth at TE in the draft. Of those 4, Warmack is the only one considerable for #13 and I guess they felt they could obtain good OG talent later.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    cross out Star and Jones due to health risk. Eifert maybe much later in round 1, but definitely a reach at 13... huge reach at 13. Especially with Ertz likely there in round 2 and there is some decent depth at TE in the draft. Of those 4, Warmack is the only one considerable for #13 and I guess they felt they could obtain good OG talent later.
    Millner's not a health risk? Come on!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan61 View Post
    OMG... how stupid are they? Why lie? What's the harm in saying "who?" I need to see the film of that big "Johnson" or "busted" Hymen before I'm ready!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milliner - perfect Hayden would have been fine if Milliner was gone. Somebody has to play CB.
    Richardson is fine IF the Jets are going to 4-3. Above average size for a DE. Because he is a college DT.
    If the Jets stay 3-4 - a blunder. Need a OLB if staying 3-4. Jarvis Jones.

Round 2 - Guard
    Round 3 - TE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Having slept on it, the only thing I can figure out here is that Woody was determined to get rid of Revis and Rex, who is still carrying some clout, said he could agree to that but only if he could replace him with a high quality talent in the draft. I don't see Idzik's voice in this at all. I would guess that if Idzik was pulling the strings, he might have valued a replacement corner a bit less... but maybe not. If Milliner WAS the BPA on their board, he would have stayed with it as well. Just wish we had put our eggs in a different basket and gone with Warmack. But then I have to believe that Marty M. didn't value Warmack as highly for his system either...
    Yes, because he was not the best fit for a WCO according to talent evaluators. Cooper was better but he was gone. They thought Milliner would be gone by their pick and we got lucky. Wish there was an offensive guy worth taking at 13 but there wasn't. We got screwed by Miami by taking Jordan, and Buffalo, but having the Rams trade with them and not us. Milliner would have been gone by 13 if we did trade up. All the boards I looked at said we got excellent value with our picks. It's only one round. The flashy guys will be picked in rounds 2 and 3.