Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who would you have picked?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really really really wanted them to trade down. I have no problem with them picking 2 defensive players but if they could have traded down and picked up another 2nd or third rounder I'd be much happier right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't understand the hand-wringing because we didn't take a Guard and/or a TE in the first round. Why, why, why would you ever do that? A f'in guard?! And a TE with about 5 or 6 available in the draft with roughly the same skill set?! No.
    I would've liked Jones with the pick at 13, however. Sometimes you have to take a chance and we desperately need pass rush

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't have picked anybody. I would have had an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd next year for both of those first rounders. Probably even have gotten a first for Milliner due to how CB's are premium positions for true Super Bowl contenders. Giants may have been a taker. Same with the Pats. Or Niners.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I really don't understand the hand-wringing because we didn't take a Guard and/or a TE in the first round. Why, why, why would you ever do that? A f'in guard?! And a TE with about 5 or 6 available in the draft with roughly the same skill set?! No.
    I would've liked Jones with the pick at 13, however. Sometimes you have to take a chance and we desperately need pass rush
    I agree with you. Jarvis Jones is really the guy the Jets should have taken there. I understand the ?s about him (kinda like Suggs in Balt.), but the guy did nothing but get to the QB in college, and he played in a powerhouse conf. in SEC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Millner pick. Fills a need and replaces a guy making 16 Million with a guy making 2-3 Mill. At 13 I was hoping for a trade down. 2nd choice was Jones. I'm not sure about Richardson but I must admit that when the Giants took Pierre Paul I thought that it was a terrible pick because they had Osi and Tuck already. I'm hoping that Richardson will prove me wrong this time but as of this moment I'm disappointed with the choice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I like the Millner pick. Fills a need and replaces a guy making 16 Million with a guy making 2-3 Mill. At 13 I was hoping for a trade down. 2nd choice was Jones. I'm not sure about Richardson but I must admit that when the Giants took Pierre Paul I thought that it was a terrible pick because they had Osi and Tuck already. I'm hoping that Richardson will prove me wrong this time but as of this moment I'm disappointed with the choice.
    nothing wrong with building a dline with guys who can get to the passer. that's what the giants have done and it clearly has worked. now the jets can draft a safety and have a good secondary, and they have 3 dls who can rush the passer. notice how the lbs are being demphasized, as they drafted davis last year, are going to a hybrid 4-3 and will inevitably have 3 or 4 cbs on the field often. that's what milliner is a great pick. they're playing multiple cbs so much of the time anyway.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I like the 9th pick.

If Jets thought the 13 pick best overall player was that injury prone defensive guy rather than waste a pick on him they should have traded that pick for two lower level picks and got us two offensive guys.

That 13 pick will be first player out of NFL in top 13 picks. The Steelers and Pats O-line alone will Dennis Byrd him
    Guess you are Nostradamus now? That's a pretty big and bold prediction.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack and Richardson/Star/Floyd, probably. Would've also considered Jarvis Jones

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones at 9

Star at 13

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly I'm in a minority but I think people have begun to way overrate Warmack and he will disappoint.He'll likely still be a solid pro but is he really that much better than guys like Winters or Dallas Thomas?The rest of that 'bama OL is beastly too and I actually think Fluker will be the better pro and Jones too will be solid,not to mention Cyrus whats-his-name..... and in any case I'm really not losing sleep over us failing to draft an OG.

If you are of the view that you don't pay the best CB/Defender in the league 16M because that's QB money then I can't see why the world has ended because we haven't drafted a guard.Would've been OK with it especially after the board went totally against us with Jordan,Mingo and Austin taken before we picked but I am waaaay happier with Milliner(would've even taken Hayden) and totally overjoyed that we didn't draft another friggin TE at all and especially not Eifert

Wish we got Jordan and Austin but happy to settle for Dee and Rich and hoping for Keenan Allen,Glennnon Moore,Buchanan or Lemonier today

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted Warmack at 9, but I'm warming up to Milliner more and more.