Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you have picked?

Who would you have picked?

Knowing who was available.

a trade (or 2) down

I probably would of gone warmack and Starr but I like the Richardson pick. He is a disruptive force. Chances are good we see more 4-3 fronts with Dunbar as the line coach.

I likely would have done roughly the same. Maybe Floyd or Star as BPA then Xavier Rhodes. There was just nothing O wise worth taking over the D players on the board. I am sorry but TE is not what this team needs to see in the 1st again. Out side of that the value just wasnt there. I kept saying QB but only if we traded down. I'll be OK with a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

All League
    Lets see what the Rams did. They saw the biggest impact player on offense and made a move to get him. Then traded back with their second pick to recoup some of what they gave up.

We sat on our hands and sh!t the bed. A mind-raped Sanchez throwing to a hobbling Holmes with no OL or running game.

Mean while the Dolphins and Bills were aggressive and got THEIR guys.

We get to go back to our fans and say yeas we drafted the highest rated players on our board despite the fact that we have already invested so much on both spots.

Just think in three years when we are trying to figure out what the hell to do with extending Wilkerson, and then Coples, and then Richardson.

I guess maybe we can always cut Cromartie and his $9M price tag after this 1 win season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Warmack and Lotulelei

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Warmack and Lotulelei
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Warmack and Eifert.

Definitely Millner and a coin flip at DT. Good draft so far. Let's get us a QB or RB first pick tomorrow. Many people had the Jets trading up for Millner - good job GM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Lets see what the Rams did. They saw the biggest impact player on offense and made a move to get him. Then traded back with their second pick to recoup some of what they gave up.

We sat on our hands and sh!t the bed. A mind-raped Sanchez throwing to a hobbling Holmes with no OL or running game.

Mean while the Dolphins and Bills were aggressive and got THEIR guys.
    Being aggressive and getting our guys sure helped the last couple of years. Especially that Sanchez trade up was a real game changer.

All Pro
    Warmack Floyd

Warmack

Jarvis Jones

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Warmack Floyd
    This.

All Pro
    Having slept on it, the only thing I can figure out here is that Woody was determined to get rid of Revis and Rex, who is still carrying some clout, said he could agree to that but only if he could replace him with a high quality talent in the draft. I don't see Idzik's voice in this at all. I would guess that if Idzik was pulling the strings, he might have valued a replacement corner a bit less... but maybe not. If Milliner WAS the BPA on their board, he would have stayed with it as well. Just wish we had put our eggs in a different basket and gone with Warmack. But then I have to believe that Marty M. didn't value Warmack as highly for his system either...

All League
    Warmack and Eifert

Hall Of Fame
    Warmack and Eifert.

Not because they both play offense. Rather because they both were either BAP or close to it and filled a need. Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Warmack and Lotulelei
    Those are my picks as well.

you cant win with jets fan. if the jets took anything less then equal value in a trade down, fans would be calling for idziks balls...who is to say equal value for a trade down was there to be had?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    you cant win with jets fan. if the jets took anything less then equal value in a trade down, fans would be calling for idziks balls...who is to say equal value for a trade down was there to be had?
    I would have believed an explanation from Idzik stating as much. "We didn't like anyone there so took the best we could get and moved down"

over...the guys we took were both in our top 4 overall.

Idzik is a shill like the rest of them. Not sure why I thought this would be different, I honestly was expecting some sincerity and competence here...but as usual I'm disappointed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Warmack

Jarvis Jones
    This