Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We got the #1 CB and #1 DT in the draft...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Who had Richardson as their #1 DT, other than Rex?
    Probably everyone that didn't have Shariff Floyd as their #1.

Just because Mel Kiper says it, it doesn't make it true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polian liked the picks!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lotuelei appeared a better fit for the Jets' system.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Lotuelei appeared a better fit for the Jets' system.
    Possibly, but Richardson is a lot faster and I like how our team replaced two older and much slower guys with a faster player like Richardson. I would have been ok with Star also.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Picking the first one doesn't mean we got the #1 at each position. We might have done, but we might not.

We could have picked Geno at 9 and said "we got the #1 QB in the draft!". Hey, we might still end up with him in Rd 2.
    It does mean we got the number 1 there on our board

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    good god shaddup. Idzik helped draft those corners in SEA.
    Neither were first round picks though ... if we could have got a starting CB in Rd 4 or 5 I'd be thrilled, but spending another 1st rounder feels overkill to me. We now have 3 1st round corners on our team. And 3 1st round D Line. Our D better be sh!t hot next year for all the talent that's been drafted the past three years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade up for Geno?

Adam Schefter on Twitter said the Jets were picking around to trade up for Geno.

As a second round QB prospect, I wouldn't mind it. Totally depends on price.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Adam Schefter on Twitter said the Jets were picking around to trade up for Geno.

As a second round QB prospect, I wouldn't mind it. Totally depends on price.
    no grazi
    not even worth the pick at #39 let alone trading up

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    So calm down. Why do you guys think every year we can plug some holes and make it to the Super Bowl?? We are going to suck this year and probably next year as well. Its a lost season so we took the best player regardless of position. Maybe we will get geno or nassib tomorrow and complete our build for the future.
    Why are you so confident that the Jets are going to be bad this year and next?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Right, because Mel Kiper didn't have him as number 1 no other GM had him that high.

Of course the guys you follow, llike Kiper and McShay had Floyd as the best and somehow he magically was the 3rd DT taken. Maybe, the GMs know a little more than you and Kiper.....Nah, not possible.

The "gurus" last year thought Bruce Irvin was a late first round or second round prospect and some stupid team that knows nothing about defense took him at 15. Now that "stupid" team that reached on Irvin is considered the model for how to build a team.

So weird.
    exactly, these clowns read kiper and thinks he knows it all. Richardson has the highest motor of the top 3 and is the most fluid. Destroyed his position workouts. Starr ounce gave up on football and questioned his love for the game. Floyd is a good player comparable to Richardson. Richardson just had the highest motor. Hayden could have died... He's a good player but the man has a very unique Heath concern. Milliner is a beast. He has the swag, he has the athleticism, he has the aggression. Hayden has better ball skills.
    Last edited by Rex Ryan; 04-26-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Their board was decimated before the 9th Pick, I think they did what a lot of teams claim to do, but never actually do. They went BPA regardless of position. The Jets are a bad team. Period. They need talent, and I feel they've added the best CB in the draft, and the best DT in the draft.

Well done Jets, and props to sticking to the BPA plan. I respect that.
    No they aren't.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we might get the top QB. Talk about value for our picks. This has been a great draft so far and gets better when we get Geno.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    Why are you so confident that the Jets are going to be bad this year and next?
    listen homer... We are going to suck stop lying to yourself. I tell it like it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Who had Richardson as their #1 DT, other than Rex?
    TRUST the process. Do you doubt the talent staff? Do you doubt John Idzik? This was not Rex Ryan's choice, this was John Idzik's choice. Just give this FO a chance. That's all that I am saying.

And make no mistake about it, this IS a lost season. The 2013 Jets will not be a very good team. But look at the logic. After losing/purging so many players from the roster, did you honestly think we could be competitive this season? Let alone win the SB?

That's not going to happen.

I would say there's still a chance we could make the playoffs this season, but it's going to take drafting OL starting TODAY and some FA moves.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    TRUST the process. Do you doubt the talent staff? Do you doubt John Idzik? This was not Rex Ryan's choice, this was John Idzik's choice. Just give this FO a chance. That's all that I am saying.

And make no mistake about it, this IS a lost season. The 2013 Jets will not be a very good team. But look at the logic. After losing/purging so many players from the roster, did you honestly think we could be competitive this season? Let alone win the SB?

That's not going to happen.

I would say there's still a chance we could make the playoffs this season, but it's going to take drafting OL starting TODAY and some FA moves.
    I really don't think this will be a lost season. This defense is actually better now and might win us some games. Plus if we limit turnovers and have Sanchez snack on a sabrette on the bench then I think it's possible to win 6-7 games.