Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got the #1 CB and #1 DT in the draft...

We got the #1 CB and #1 DT in the draft...

So calm down. Why do you guys think every year we can plug some holes and make it to the Super Bowl?? We are going to suck this year and probably next year as well. Its a lost season so we took the best player regardless of position. Maybe we will get geno or nassib tomorrow and complete our build for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    So calm down. Why do you guys think every year we can plug some holes and make it to the Super Bowl?? We are going to suck this year and probably next year as well. Its a lost season so we took the best player regardless of position. Maybe we will get geno or nassib tomorrow and complete our build for the future.
    It just gets worse and worse...

Who had Richardson as their #1 DT, other than Rex?

All League
    I guess we will see on Milliner. This was a deep draft for corners. Could have traded out of the 9 pick and still got a good one. Milliner better be a legit star.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    who else was better than milliner and is nfl ready start....please name these db's.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I guess we will see on Milliner. This was a deep draft for corners. Could have traded out of the 9 pick and still got a good one. Milliner better be a legit star.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    good god shaddup. Idzik helped draft those corners in SEA.

Rookie
    Thank you coach Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    If anyone knows WTF they are doing when it comes to D-line especially, it's Rex. I feel safe about the Sheldon pick. Not the sexiest or most exciting pick but one that will produce. I want to like the Milliner pick and people say he was good value at but I just don't know from what I've seen (not too much) I wasn't very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    who else was better than milliner and is nfl ready start....please name these db's.
    DJ Hayden who Mayock and Cosell had as the top Cb in this draft. Time is going to tell who drafted the top Cb in this draft. The fact is at Alabama , Milliner wasn't asked to play a lot of man to man that he will be asked to play for Rex Ryan. Milliner seems to have the skill set to play it , but until he does than there is still a question he has to answer.

Hitting a Wr after five yards is something all college CBs have to learn is a penalty in the NFl.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

and we sent the #1 CB in the NFL to Tampa -& what make Millner pk even more special is most of the time the Jets sere blaming Revis' departure on his injury & se draft a rooki CB just back from soulder surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    DJ Hayden who Mayock and Cosell had as the top Cb in this draft. Time is going to tell who drafted the top Cb in this draft. The fact is at Alabama , Milliner wasn't asked to play a lot of man to man that he will be asked to play for Rex Ryan. Milliner seems to have the skill set to play it , but until he does than there is still a question he has to answer.

Hitting a Wr after five yards is something all college CBs have to learn is a penalty in the NFl.
    I liked Milliner over Hayden. I don't trust someone to really come back after that kind of injury. Internal injuries are the worst kind. I hope that Hayden does great, but I'm confident that if Milliner doesn't have any further injury problems he will be better then Hayden.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LMFAO how did you get this username. Well done.

All Pro
    Picking the first one doesn't mean we got the #1 at each position. We might have done, but we might not.

We could have picked Geno at 9 and said "we got the #1 QB in the draft!". Hey, we might still end up with him in Rd 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Right, because Mel Kiper didn't have him as number 1 no other GM had him that high.

Of course the guys you follow, llike Kiper and McShay had Floyd as the best and somehow he magically was the 3rd DT taken. Maybe, the GMs know a little more than you and Kiper.....Nah, not possible.

The "gurus" last year thought Bruce Irvin was a late first round or second round prospect and some stupid team that knows nothing about defense took him at 15. Now that "stupid" team that reached on Irvin is considered the model for how to build a team.

So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    I liked Milliner over Hayden. I don't trust someone to really come back after that kind of injury. Internal injuries are the worst kind. I hope that Hayden does great, but I'm confident that if Milliner doesn't have any further injury problems he will be better then Hayden.
    Again We both can argue which Cb is better but only time will tell on that one. Both Teams got the number 1 Cb on their board.(lets see who right on that one)

Cosell On Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden: "I watched four games this week, and I came away thinking, 'This guy is the best cornerback in this draft.' My guess is that he won't be drafted as such, because he had the life-threatening injury, but on film ... he had the naturally quickest feet of any corner in this class, his backpedal was the most fluid, his balance and body control were absolutely remarkable, he was a sudden mover, he was competitive and challenging, he played the run ... to me, he was the most physically gifted cornerback in this class."

Dee Milliner has already five surgeries and DJ hayden had 1 major one that all 32 doctors say won't be a problem going forward. So I don't know who more of a medical risk going forward.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Milliner is a stud.
    Richardson #1? How about Lotulelei?

If Jets go 4-3 a good pick. If staying 3-4 Stupid. Where is the OLB? Could have gone Jarvis Jones.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Only one team doesn't suck every year.

Their board was decimated before the 9th Pick, I think they did what a lot of teams claim to do, but never actually do. They went BPA regardless of position. The Jets are a bad team. Period. They need talent, and I feel they've added the best CB in the draft, and the best DT in the draft.

Well done Jets, and props to sticking to the BPA plan. I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Milliner is a stud.
    Richardson #1? How about Lotulelei?

If Jets go 4-3 a good pick. If staying 3-4 Stupid. Where is the OLB? Could have gone Jarvis Jones.
    Jarvis Jones is old and has injury concerns. He's also one dimensional and had terrible work outs (not the biggest deal but it helps in projecting growth potential, you can argue he has peaked).

Star and Floyd were overrated by mockers everywher.e

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    good god shaddup. Idzik helped draft those corners in SEA.