Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting quagmire....

Interesting quagmire....

What if Geno falls in our laps in the 2nd round? Do you take him or pass? I would pass...

All League
    If, and that is a big if, but if Geno is there at 39 and we pass, Woody, Idzik, and Rex Ryan need to be publicly tarred and feathered.

Run, don't walk the card up

All League
    we need more DL

Jets Insider VIP
    He's not a DL or CB, so yes, definitely pass.

Take him, but I would rather have Lacy or that kid out of Syracuse. RB is probably our #1 need at this pont. Safety needs to be addressed or we are still going to have a glarig hole on defense (which Brady will pick apart). Let's face it, 2/3 of the offense is made up of holes. I want to make sure we get that Safety situation sorted out and our defense could be very solid.

Veteran
    Honestly, I don't know what the plan might be on offense. We have a bad bad situation there - with Sanchez as an utter enigma at this point and no bona fide QB help in sight. How do you improve your offense when the very engine of it is broken? And when Sanchez is even a bad fit for the WCO . . .

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Honestly, I don't know what the plan might be on offense. We have a bad bad situation there - with Sanchez as an utter enigma at this point and no bona fide QB help in sight. How do you improve your offense when the very engine of it is broken? And when Sanchez is even a bad fit for the WCO . . .
    Haven't heard the name Tebow al day ... What is going on?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Haven't heard the name Tebow al day ... What is going on?
    lol - perhaps the only worse fit for the WCO . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I say pass for this reason.......we have a REAL OC and this may be sanchez last season as a Jet...he may just fare well under morningwheg....I like the jets 1st two picks and I still can't belive we got milliner......we still have 6 more picks...we can get a RB if the ivory trade does not go through....in 2014 we have 12 picks and cn get a qb then if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    What if Geno falls in our laps in the 2nd round? Do you take him or pass? I would pass...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    jow s sanchez a bad fit for the WCO...it actually favors his skill set.....not saying he will turn it around but he will def do better than in that mess of an offense from last year. not sure if this is what i'd call a quagmire lol.....this team is getting younger and faster....that kid from missouri is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

nah inside defensive line definitely

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    jow s sanchez a bad fit for the WCO...it actually favors his skill set.....not saying he will turn it around but he will def do better than in that mess of an offense from last year. not sure if this is what i'd call a quagmire lol.....this team is getting younger and faster....that kid from missouri is no joke.
    Sanchez's accuracy and touch/timing on short passes is poor to average. He doesn't looking comfortable working with the ball close to the line of scrimmage. I don't know what offense might really suit Sanchez at this point. I don't hate him - and he has certainly shown ability - but I have a hard time thinking he's going to succeed coming into a new offensive scheme, under huge pressure, and without much talent on his side of the ball.

I think we are going to have a generally tough season . . .

Wait, Sanchez has a skill set?

All Pro
    I think if he's there we WILL take him. Not sure I WANT us to, but i think it will happen.

And I don't see many teams before uis taking him - Jax (more linked to Nassib) and Philly (already have Vick and Foles) really only the likely two. Not sure he fits for Arizona based on what I've read.

Trade ups might happen, but again I'm not sure from whom. Maybe Cleveland will trade next year's 1 to get back into the top of the round.

Other than these teams I've mentioned, who is left that really NEEDS a QB?

I hope SOMEONE takes Geno so that would eliminate the chance that the Jets will.....but he's going to be selected by the Jets.

It's how this Franchise rolls....time and time and time and time again....

NFL Network on Sirius this morning had someone on, didnt catch the name, saying Geno makes sense for us at #8 tonight.

2nd rounder on Smith? Why not?

Giggitty!
    Last edited by fidelioion; 04-26-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If, and that is a big if, but if Geno is there at 39 and we pass, Woody, Idzik, and Rex Ryan need to be publicly tarred and feathered.
    I'd rather they take Wilson, Barkley,or Bray in round 3, or Scott or Dysert in round 4-5. Far better value.

Geno Smith is incredibly inconsistent. At times he was just awful and disappointing for the Mountanineers. The others are a better value than Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Take him, but I would rather have Lacy or that kid out of Syracuse. RB is probably our #1 need at this pont. Safety needs to be addressed or we are still going to have a glarig hole on defense (which Brady will pick apart). Let's face it, 2/3 of the offense is made up of holes. I want to make sure we get that Safety situation sorted out and our defense could be very solid.
    I don't see RB as a need at all. Between the kid from Oakland, Ivory and Powell there is a 2 headed monster in there somewhere. We need a Guard,TE, S, OLB and maybe QB right now. I see Ertz as the most likely pick.