Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting quagmire....

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I don't see RB as a need at all. Between the kid from Oakland, Ivory and Powell there is a 2 headed monster in there somewhere. We need a Guard,TE, S, OLB and maybe QB right now. I see Ertz as the most likely pick.
    We need so many things - what we didn't need was a CB and interior D-line

The problem Geno's gonna have is QB needy teams are not gonna wanna waste a high pick on a QB when you could have some really good ones next year, why settle for Geno, it'd almost be a waste if you fell into the early picks next year.

I'd take him. He wasn't worth the risk in the first but I think the upside warrants spending a 2nd.

It's a gamble but at worst you're out a second rounder, at best you've fixed the most important position for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    We need so many things - what we didn't need was a CB and interior D-line
    we needed a corner. Cro has another year before they'll need to redo the contract and Wilson is pretty bad out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    we needed a corner. Cro has another year before they'll need to redo the contract and Wilson is pretty bad out there.
    Quality cb's are going for 4mm a year in FA - we're going to have 50mm in cap space.

Offensive weapons are much more expensive.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    The problem Geno's gonna have is QB needy teams are not gonna wanna waste a high pick on a QB when you could have some really good ones next year, why settle for Geno, it'd almost be a waste if you fell into the early picks next year.
    Exactly....if this is a two year fix, and Sanchez is on this team GUARANTEED this year, why not wait for your QB (or see who is kicking around in the 4th-5th round).

There is a reason he is still available.

Also, Draftek has us now mocked for Alex Okafor with #39. If the board fell that way, that would be SWEET.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Quality cb's are going for 4mm a year in FA - we're going to have 50mm in cap space.

Offensive weapons are much more expensive.
    And there wasn't any Fidelioion....Should we take Robert Woods because he was the best receiver available, even though he is graded out at 2nd round (which he might be there and get taken by us), or do we REACH and waste a pick?

Everybody is talking about this being a two year rebuild, yet screaming because the team wasn't rebuilt in two picks.

Before the Jets get a new qb, they should shore up the o line. Think Plunket or Grogan when they came into the league...running for their lives.

Too bad there was such an early run on offensive linemen last night. I think I counted 8 o linemen in the top 20.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Sanchez's accuracy and touch/timing on short passes is poor to average. He doesn't looking comfortable working with the ball close to the line of scrimmage. I don't know what offense might really suit Sanchez at this point. I don't hate him - and he has certainly shown ability - but I have a hard time thinking he's going to succeed coming into a new offensive scheme, under huge pressure, and without much talent on his side of the ball.

I think we are going to have a generally tough season . . .
    May sound funny but McElroy may be the guy for a west coast offense. He is very accurate and has good touch on the short stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    May sound funny but McElroy may be the guy for a west coast offense. He is very accurate and has good touch on the short stuff.
    From what little we were able to see last year(at least when he wasn't running for his life), I don't think McElroy is the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Take him, but I would rather have Lacy or that kid out of Syracuse. RB is probably our #1 need at this pont. Safety needs to be addressed or we are still going to have a glarig hole on defense (which Brady will pick apart). Let's face it, 2/3 of the offense is made up of holes. I want to make sure we get that Safety situation sorted out and our defense could be very solid.
    FYI the Jets have 5 safeties on the roster right now...