Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Margus Hunt with our #39

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    saying we have NO LINE is kinda stretching it.....if colon is healthy we have a good line and there re still good ol left in the draft....good lord...did the jets do anything good thus far in the draft in your eyes...we got two players who should make an instant impact and we have 6 players left....this is supposed to be a rebuilding year....we also have TWELVE picks in 2014....this is a new start dude...there is reason to be pleased.
    Saying Colon can stay healthy is like saying Geno Smith is next Aaron Rodgers. I guess there is a chance but not freaking likely.

Taking two players where we were already set with experienced starters was stupid for a team in a massive rebuilding. I understand the BAP but cannot understand how so many other teams moved back and we stood pat.

Right now, we have DuCasse penciled in as our starting guard and Milliner, our #9 pick is going to play nickel. Does that not bother you? We have three corners and 3 #1 picks on our D line and we have no Impact LBs or safeties on our roster. And please don't tell me about the pro bowl potential of Davis, Allen, and Bush.

So even if we are fortunate enough to have a choice of Manziel, Bridgewater, or Mariota next year, who is here to help them?

What happens if they stay in school? Mariota and Manziel are RS freshman and have 3 years of eligibility left. What happens if Bridgewater gets injured or doesn't play well?

We cannot bank on next years pick to save this franchise. None of these guys are Luck or RGIII and it's still too early to gamble on that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good pick..clearly the league is going the way of special teams and defense and winning games 10-7..

I mean team that won the past title only gave up 500 yards in the super bowl

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

So even if we are fortunate enough to have a choice of Manziel, Bridgewater, or Mariota next year, who is here to help them?
    It's a Qb league now..Franchise qb's hide a lot of flaws on teams..If you can get one youre gonna be competitive every year..

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry bro but I don't have a crystal ball like you and can see the future to tell who is going to get hurt.....my rational is about waiting to see what happens....jumping the gun has never been my style....I deal in the now...not the what if.....idzik has given me reason to be optimistic.

Saying Colon can stay healthy is like saying Geno Smith is next Aaron Rodgers. I guess there is a chance but not freaking likely.

Taking two players where we were already set with experienced starters was stupid for a team in a massive rebuilding. I understand the BAP but cannot understand how so many other teams moved back and we stood pat.

Right now, we have DuCasse penciled in as our starting guard and Milliner, our #9 pick is going to play nickel. Does that not bother you? We have three corners and 3 #1 picks on our D line and we have no Impact LBs or safeties on our roster. And please don't tell me about the pro bowl potential of Davis, Allen, and Bush.

What happens if they stay in school? Mariota and Manziel are RS freshman and have 3 years of eligibility left. What happens if Bridgewater gets injured or doesn't play well?

We cannot bank on next years pick to save this franchise. None of these guys are Luck or RGIII and it's still too early to gamble on that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE NO!! we need playmakers on offense! not another DL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johhny Johnson View Post
    It's a Qb league now..Franchise qb's hide a lot of flaws on teams..If you can get one youre gonna be competitive every year..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Thoughts? OLB/DE
    It's going to be either Hunt or a punter so that the Jets can pin the opposing offense back deep and help the stats for the Jets d.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    I really hope for one these guys with #39.

Lacy #1
    Geno Smith #2
    Jonathan Cyprien
    Te'o #3

One of those 4 guys and I'm stoked.... I really would love to have Lacy come in and pound.
    But, the more I see Geno, want to take a shot...
    why waste a #2 on Geno Smith when you'll be able to get a decent QB in round 3 or 4? Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Bray, Wilson, Scott, Dysert. That's 7 QBs in addition to Smith. They will not all go in round 2 and 3.

Stick with a BPA approach for the most part and the long term results will be better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Absolutely, but I hope the Jets get G, TE, RB, S they can't neglect the O any further
    Ya ever think that just maybe team officials might be high on the talent we have at G. tE. rb. and Safety. They have been developing several young guys and know what each brings. I chose to allow our new players play before I get critical! Around here that is a new concept!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Sorry bro but I don't have a crystal ball like you and can see the future to tell who is going to get hurt.....my rational is about waiting to see what happens....jumping the gun has never been my style....I deal in the now...not the what if.....idzik has given me reason to be optimistic.
    Finally someone gets it right! I salute you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I like damontre moore
    This x 1000.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone here that actually watches these game think we would have a bad D even without the miraculous additions today?

Teams play their vanilla offense against us because they know we are so bad. We had a 1000 yard rusher and experienced OL that could stay healthy and we were never a threat.

No we no line, no RB, no TE, and most importantly, no QB.

Why would teams play aggressive against us? They didn't last year and THAT was the only reason we had a top rated pass defense.

This season is going to be more telling.
    Look, A guy that watches games and not stat lines.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Thoughts? OLB/DE
    Why not the JETS will be 1st team in NFL History With a 48 man Defense roster +1 kicker 1punter & 2 return guys & our defense will score 21 points a game. Rex football