Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Marty Mornhinweg faxing in his resignation right now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sheesh!

Can you imagine being the OC of the NYJ and watching this draft go down?

No offensive weapons, no QB, and a few mediocre guys protecting! Yeah, let's draft DLine and add another CB to Cromartie and Wilson!
    it all comes down to BPA vs over reaching based on need. WE have suffered from a decade or more of overreaching. People have been clamoring for a BPA approach and now that we have it, most here are freaking out.

Both players selected were way better than anything out there on offense. If there's one lesson we all should have learned is that reaching early in the draft can be catastrophic for years to come (see MARK SANCHEZ, DWAYNE ROBERTSON, GHOLSTON and many more)

I am finding the BPA approach a refreshing change. No doubt that the Jets will pick a TE (maybe Ertz in the 2d) and a QB (3rd or 4th rd). Allegedly, we have traded our 5th for Ivory (to be announced on Saturday). mid to late rounds for LB, OL apparently.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    When you say "a situationan no one in this draft can fix," do you mean that Geno Smith or Nassib would turn the ball over 26 times and be the lowest rated starting QB in the league?

I would probably prefer that over marching MS and Garrard keep the circus going.
    OMG would you let it go!!!!

Yeah, lets draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB, even if they are ranked as 2nd rounders at best in ANY other NFL draft.

This board is unreadable this time of the year, it TRULY is...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    it all comes down to BPA vs over reaching based on need. WE have suffered from a decade or more of overreaching. People have been clamoring for a BPA approach and now that we have it, most here are freaking out.

Both players selected were way better than anything out there on offense. If there's one lesson we all should have learned is that reaching early in the draft can be catastrophic for years to come (see MARK SANCHEZ, DWAYNE ROBERTSON, GHOLSTON and many more)

I am finding the BPA approach a refreshing change. No doubt that the Jets will pick a TE (maybe Ertz in the 2d) and a QB (3rd or 4th rd). Allegedly, we have traded our 5th for Ivory (to be announced on Saturday). mid to late rounds for LB, OL apparently.
    It's refreshing to read a post by someone on this board that is intelligent.

People b**ched and complained about Tannenbaum's approach. Now we have a GM that approaches the draft from a BPA standpoint, and people b**ch that we don't have a GM who is more like Tannenbaum.

And we wonder why the Jets fanbase are the laughing stock of the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    doesn't anyone think marty was in the room? the point is the oline can be beefed up in the later rounds. same thing with the te. the jet receivers are not that bad. holmes, kerley and hill all have enough physical talent. give marty a chance to show what these guys can do. as for sanchez, he would have been launched if his cap number wasn't so high. since revis is off of their books maybe they can take the sanchez hit sooner than later. or maybe sanchez will turn his game around. here's to hoping.

one last thing, the jets will be pretty loaded on defense. it all starts from the inside and works out. if they can pick up a good lb in the draft or via fa then they will be more than fine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a B+ player for the defense wasn't as important as getting a B player for the offense. We're neglecting the O completely, choosing to focus on teaching a good math student advanced Calculus rather than working on the fact that he can't read or write.
    but in this draft, the talent on offense isn't really 1st round caliber. When the #1 WR is barely 5'8" (wearing stilettos maybe), no RBs worthy of being taken in round 1 and a 3rd round projected QB (Manuel) gets reached-for above the consensus 1st rounder (Geno Smith) who isn't even picked... what does that tell us about the paucity of 1st round worthy offensive talent there was in this draft?

Can't blame them for not wanting to burn 1st round picks on OG's. The offensive strength in the 2013 draft was not in the 1st round. It's in rounds 2 - 5
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-26-2013 at 07:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Rex is just an awful coach. He's an awful coach with an awful tattoo of an awful quarterback. Bad draft is bad.
    LOL

thanks for the input.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be sending in my resignation notice as well.
    It seems bad organizations, regardless of management, can't figure it out. EVER!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sheesh!

Can you imagine being the OC of the NYJ and watching this draft go down?

No offensive weapons, no QB, and a few mediocre guys protecting! Yeah, let's draft DLine and add another CB to Cromartie and Wilson!
    The draft is over????

I thought they were having rounds 2-3 today...I must have been mistaken

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who uses a fax?
    Been a fan long?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    When you say "a situationan no one in this draft can fix," do you mean that Geno Smith or Nassib would turn the ball over 26 times and be the lowest rated starting QB in the league?

I would probably prefer that over marching MS and Garrard keep the circus going.
    you realize they're both still available, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah he sucks......in a few short years he took this team to back to back afc championship games with a subpar qb and has one losing season in 5 years.....he has done more than herm edwards and bils parcells and mangini....yeah he sucks....fire his ass...........SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Rex is just an awful coach. He's an awful coach with an awful tattoo of an awful quarterback. Bad draft is bad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    To the collective MORONS who keep complaining...........WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE DRAFT!!!! Draft is very DEEP!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    brother just bypass the idiocy and you will get to the rational posters who actually have a clue about football and how to really build a competitive team...the whiners will always whine.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    OMG would you let it go!!!!

Yeah, lets draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB, even if they are ranked as 2nd rounders at best in ANY other NFL draft.

This board is unreadable this time of the year, it TRULY is...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Offense;

QB - a situation no one in this draft can fix

RB - Goodson, Powell & IVORY

WR - Holmes, Hill, Kerly (presumably Edwards too)

TE - to be decided.

I don't get how we could have addressed this? Lacy in the first?? Reach on a wide receiver? I think it makes perfect sense, albiet i would have taken a different DT.

...Watch for Escobar tomorrow.
    Should've taken either Womack or the TE from ND instead of the DT.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The draft is over????

I thought they were having rounds 2-3 today...I must have been mistaken
    Oh that's right! We can get MORE DEFENSIVE players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a B+ player for the defense wasn't as important as getting a B player for the offense. We're neglecting the O completely, choosing to focus on teaching a good math student advanced Calculus rather than working on the fact that he can't read or write.
    If this Good Math student can't read or write, how did he manage to become a Good Math Student ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Thanks D. Good post. BPA is the way to go when you have top picks, especially with a team that has alot of needs.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Thanks D. Good post. BPA is the way to go when you have top picks, especially with a team that has alot of needs.
    This is the issue. How is it defined? I don't think Richardson was the BPA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack would have helped. Eifert would have helped.
    Warmack vs. Milliner was a judgment call, I would agree. But if the Jets are satisfied that the can get a quality guard later, it was a very good call. Eifert would have been a reach at 13 at a position that is deep in this draft. The Jets were wise to hold out for someone in a later round. Let's see what day 2 brings. My guess is it will be a bit more offense minded where the appropriate value is for offensive players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Should've taken either Womack or the TE from ND instead of the DT.
    Why? Lets say they get Escobar and Winters. Have they drafted badly?