Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marty Mornhinweg faxing in his resignation right now?

Jets Insider VIP

Is Marty Mornhinweg faxing in his resignation right now?

Sheesh!

Can you imagine being the OC of the NYJ and watching this draft go down?

No offensive weapons, no QB, and a few mediocre guys protecting! Yeah, let's draft DLine and add another CB to Cromartie and Wilson!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sheesh!

No offensive weapons, no QB, and a few mediocre guys protecting! Yeah, let's draft DLine and add another CB to Cromartie and Wilson!
    Offense;

QB - a situation no one in this draft can fix

RB - Goodson, Powell & IVORY

WR - Holmes, Hill, Kerly (presumably Edwards too)

TE - to be decided.

I don't get how we could have addressed this? Lacy in the first?? Reach on a wide receiver? I think it makes perfect sense, albiet i would have taken a different DT.

...Watch for Escobar tomorrow.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Offense;

QB - a situation no one in this draft can fix

RB - Goodson, Powell & IVORY

WR - Holmes, Hill, Kerly (presumably Edwards too)

TE - to be decided.

I don't get how we could have addressed this? Lacy in the first?? Reach on a wide receiver? I think it makes perfect sense, albiet i would have taken a different DT.

...Watch for Escobar tomorrow.
    When you say "a situationan no one in this draft can fix," do you mean that Geno Smith or Nassib would turn the ball over 26 times and be the lowest rated starting QB in the league?

I would probably prefer that over marching MS and Garrard keep the circus going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Warmack would have helped. Eifert would have helped.

Sheesh!

Seriously, if the Jets drafted the ND TE, who I'm not convinced will be all that great, that would have made a huge difference? Otherwise, there was no offensive skill player worth drafting that high. They could have traded down, and NE did get a lot for their pick, but they dropped from 29 to 52. The Raiders could only get a an extra 3rd round pick from dropping from 3 to 12.

The players weren't there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Seriously, if the Jets drafted the ND TE, who I'm not convinced will be all that great, that would have made a huge difference? Otherwise, there was no offensive skill player worth drafting that high. They could have traded down, and NE did get a lot for their pick, but they dropped from 29 to 52. The Raiders could only get a an extra 3rd round pick from dropping from 3 to 12.

The players weren't there.
    We don't just need upgrades on the O, we have legitimate holes. I agree that this draft is heavily skewed towards defensive talent. But we could have helped ourselves with Warmack or a trade down from 13 and taking Eifert. Just my opinion.

If you list out the starting 11 on offense right now I think you'd puke in your mouth. I'm not sure we could score against a college team.

Like Paradis mentioned, there wasn't much he could do at 9-13. There is still time to take Ertz/Warford/WR etc. in the next few rounds.

Draft ain't over just yet.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    When you say "a situationan no one in this draft can fix," do you mean that Geno Smith or Nassib would turn the ball over 26 times and be the lowest rated starting QB in the league?

I would probably prefer that over marching MS and Garrard keep the circus going.
    The only thing keeping the circus going is fans that are booing, trashing, and b*tching about every pick....kind of like every single post you've made tonight.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

Okay, so you are complaining about the Jets not picking one of two qbs that didn't even get drafted in the first round??? You realize we can still possibly pick one of those two with #39, possibly trade up as well?

So if we manage to get one of those two qb's you just mentioned in the second round, then Idzik drafted two defensive studs that had legitimate value in the first round. Seems like he is somewhat smart to me. Unless you wanted manuel at #13

And please don't say TE is worth it with either of our picks and neither was a WR with St. Louis stealing them from us.

We could have selected Warmack I suppose, but we all knew Idzik did not believe in drafting interior offensive linemen early because of their ability to be had later in the draft. CB and DT are much harder to find. That is why you saw what you saw.

The only complaint I have about Idzik is he tipped his hand with the Austin pick.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    The only thing keeping the circus going is fans that are booing, trashing, and b*tching about every pick....kind of like every single post you've made tonight.
    I know, the best part about the post you quoted is both qbs he mentioned are still available!!! What a dweeebbbbbb

He's right. Our offense is going to be awful. It'll be Benny Hill music awful. Buttfumble v2 awful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Getting a B+ player for the defense wasn't as important as getting a B player for the offense. We're neglecting the O completely, choosing to focus on teaching a good math student advanced Calculus rather than working on the fact that he can't read or write.

Rookie
    Getting a B+ player for the defense wasn't as important as getting a B player for the offense. We're neglecting the O completely, choosing to focus on teaching a good math student advanced Calculus rather than working on the fact that he can't read or write.
    Specialization led to the industrial revolution. Metaphor me that

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    amen

Rex is just an awful coach. He's an awful coach with an awful tattoo of an awful quarterback. Bad draft is bad.

All League
    LOL

Warmack would have helped for sure, but I still think you can find a OG later and I know you can find a TE later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Rex is just an awful coach. He's an awful coach with an awful tattoo of an awful quarterback. Bad draft is bad.
    He is a great defensive coach!! I hope he succeeds here just like I would any coach. IF they struggle again with poor coaching or not pulling QB's when there is another option sitting there then I would want him fired. UNtil then, I want him coaching these new guys on defense.

Bewildered Beast
    That monk burns in vain. The deluded have taken the temple. All is lost.

Who uses a fax?