Thread: SNY Post Draft Show

SNY Post Draft Show

Who watched this? I'm desperate for a recap.

I was at the draft tonight and then meandered over to the SNY studio, but they didn't have any sound. So instead I was just creepily peering into the window at Tony trying to read his lips.

What'd he say?

Didn't question the players themselves. Just the fit with Richardson.

Here are Tony's comments on his site:

shocked they did not take Warmack at 9...i wanted/thought Cooper all along but he was gone...again- love Richardson but question the pick...
    and
    love the players think the picks are out of whack...

Didn't watch, but can only assume that Ray Lucas thinks Milliner and Richardson were both terrible picks and that Idzik is clueless.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Didn't watch, but can only assume that Ray Lucas thinks Milliner and Richardson were both terrible picks and that Idzik is clueless.
    So for once, he would be spot on.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    So for once, he would be spot on.
    This is hilarious. Yeah you should be making the picks for the Jets. I'm sure that if you drafted you would make all the best picks. Oh wait, you're not a gm. So why don't you let the professionals picks at least hit the field before you trash them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    This is hilarious. Yeah you should be making the picks for the Jets. I'm sure that if you drafted you would make all the best picks. Oh wait, you're not a gm. So why don't you let the professionals picks at least hit the field before you trash them.
    Absolutely. Because the professionals that have been doing it for the last 40 years have done so well. Idzik should be judged by comparing what he did against the other GMs. Did we have a better draft than the Dolphins? Rams? Vikings? He'll even the Pats picked up an extra 3 picks in a trade.

We started the day with better picks than 90-95% of the league and we have a nickel corner and a rotating D lineman.

We didn't get much bang for our buck.

[QUOTE=pcola;4871609]Absolutely. Because the professionals that have been doing it for the last 40 years have done so well. Idzik should be judged by comparing what he did against the other GMs. Did we have a better draft than the Dolphins? Rams? Vikings? He'll even the Pats picked up an extra 3 picks in a trade.

We started the day with better picks than 90-95% of the league and we have a nickel corner and a rotating D lineman.
    you do not know the kid is nickel dback and rotating dliman no oif us here know. And idzik should be cmpared to what he has done in the past. The fins gave a pick for a kid that could be a bigger bust then gholston but a genius move my ass
    . A kid that did not produce last yr, hust to small to play dline outside move that is all yeah the fins had a better draft.......
    and wow the crap cheaters pick up three extra picks they need need them because outisde of 2 tight ends tier drafts have been remarkable may ass again
    the Vikes I could care less about why because if given a chance they would have picked milner.....Fing get a clue I understand we are fans and hav opinions but get real your opinion is no more valid then anyones elses here and these kids have not stepped foot on the field. why not let the new football people do their job

All League
    Absolutely. Because the professionals that have been doing it for the last 40 years have done so well. Idzik should be judged by comparing what he did against the other GMs. Did we have a better draft than the Dolphins? Rams? Vikings? He'll even the Pats picked up an extra 3 picks in a trade.

Pcola 1. Ctjetfan 0

"nickel corner"? "rotating lineman"? (all teams rotate d-linemen by the way)

Look, we get it.. you wanted to draft for need, not Best Available Player. Unfortunately for you, that approach has failed for decades, particularly on the Jets. I like the BAP approach. But it's quite apparent that by labeling Milliner and Richardson "nickel" and "rotating", you are just grasping at straws for ways to express your dismay over foregoing a reach-for-need approach.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Nope..Pre-draft Lucas had the Jets taking Milliner at #9 and trading down at #13