Thread: Regardless what happens tomorrow...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless what happens tomorrow...

We have some young studs on defense for years to come.

I think Idzik simply wants to have a very strong side of the ball, instead of a mediocre offense and defense.

Sanchez is not our QB of the future and the front office knows this.

Build up the defense now to become a young up and coming unit and go get our QB of the future next year whoever it might be and fill holes on offense through later draft picks and free agency with the cap room well have.

We can all agree these werent the picks we were expecting, however when it comes to Rex the one thing we all know is he knows a lot more about defensive players and drafting them than most in this league.

We can crap on rex for A LOT of things, but he knows defense, and he knows defensive players, therefore im convinced we will look back at these picks as major positives.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen......so many are acting like we were going to be world beaters in 2013....I'll be happy with a team that plays hard and is competitive....there is NO way we win only 3 games like some are saying.....and next year we have bucko picks. How can anyone not like the direction we are going in.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    We have some young studs on defense for years to come.

I think Idzik simply wants to have a very strong side of the ball, instead of a mediocre offense and defense.

Sanchez is not our QB of the future and the front office knows this.

Build up the defense now to become a young up and coming unit and go get our QB of the future next year whoever it might be and fill holes on offense through later draft picks and free agency with the cap room well have.

We can all agree these werent the picks we were expecting, however when it comes to Rex the one thing we all know is he knows a lot more about defensive players and drafting them than most in this league.

We can crap on rex for A LOT of things, but he knows defense, and he knows defensive players, therefore im convinced we will look back at these picks as major positives.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Amen......so many are acting like we were going to be world beaters in 2013....I'll be happy with a team that plays hard and is competitive....there is NO way we win only 3 games like some are saying.....and next year we have bucko picks. How can anyone not like the direction we are going in.
    We're rebuilding.

Real potential of 12-4 seasons in the near future is better than going 7-9,8-8,9-7 year in and year out.

Stud QB is the key obviously. I am all for sucking horribly this year in order to land one. It's not like we aren't used to crappy seasons here.

Next season watching a young team struggle and start to get better will be much more enjoyable than watching a good team get old and fall apart. (The ATL and Pats games excluded, those will be awful lol)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until we do find our QB of the future (and after the little hissy fit Geno displayed tonight and refusing to come back tomorrow, i think its safe to say its not him) we have to just keep drafting BPA and fill holes.

I dont care what side of the ball its on, if hes the best available and theres a need at that position, continue to make our team better for when we do get that QB.