Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2d round will be Nassib or *gasp* D again

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    It doesn't work like that when it comes to coaches... Owners don't care about firing coaches with multiple years left on the contract.
    Yes, when given multi year contracts and are completely underperforming they get fired with years left. But they don't necessarily GET that multiyear contract in the first place without being either a new hire or that successful in their first go round. Rex will have finished out 3 years of missing the playoffs completely by the end of this next season most likely. The idea of extending him at that time will be heavily, and I mean HEAVILY scrutinized. If they extend him 3 years out they will not fire him immediately after one season. Their decision for Rex's long term future comes at the end of this next season. Either they fire him or they extend him for the long haul.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If Margus Hunt is still there, I suspect Rex will be banging the table for him.

I actually wouldn't hate that - I think Hunt has immense pass-rush potential. Guy is just one of those athletic freaks.
    I agree. A pass rusher is a freakish need for this team. Although it would help if I knew what kind of defense Rex is running, a 3-4 or 4-3 (or both?).

Team needs O Lineman, but all the guards went in round 1. Odd thought, when was the last time there was a run on offensive guards in the first round?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really can't see Ertz making it past San Fran at #34

Keenan Allen
    Robert Woods
    Larry Warford
    Tank Carradine (the only defensive player I could get on board with)

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we took someone like Geno, Barkley, or Glennon either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Keenan Allen
    Robert Woods
    Larry Warford

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we took someone like Geno, Barkley, or Glennon either.
    either nassib or franklin. wr or te in the 3rd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Keenan Allen
    Robert Woods
    Larry Warford

I'm starting to wonder how far some of the QB's will drop ... you've only got maybe 3 teams who could be looking for a new starter at this point (NYJ, Cle, Jax). Some teams might be looking further down the road (Phi, Ari) but those gusy aren't likely to burn a high 2nd on a project QB.

I don't know, could someone like Barkley or Glennon still be there for us in Rd 3?