Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: For those who think our D was upgraded yesterday

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like

    For those who think our D was upgraded yesterday

    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    LOL...so the rebuilding is ONLY these two draft picks?? Not the remaining 6 picks this year, and the draft picks next year, and the 35 plus million in cap space in 2014, it is all about these two picks? You are way too emotional over this.

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    Revis didn't play last year. So how is it that Milliner "replaced" him?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    Yeah and some can't wait to criticize what he does before these guys even play a down.

    And how are they using the same exact strategy? How do you even know what their strategy is?? Jets lost 8 starters on defense this offseason. Gotta build it back up somehow and it's not gonna happen over night, and not in one offseason either.

    What if they draft 2 offensive guys today, does that mean our offense is fixed now??

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so the rebuilding is ONLY these two draft picks?? Not the remaining 6 picks this year, and the draft picks next year, and the 35 plus million in cap space in 2014, it is all about these two picks? You are way too emotional over this.
    Oh my bad, I should be happy my team gets worse every year, that Rex's D gets worse every year (no matter how many 1st round picks he throws at it), that our GM appears to be completely undermined by our buffoon of a head coach, that we have the greatest CBs and DL EVER (at least rex believes it), but still go under .500 because the rest of the team blows. Fun times to be a Jets fan. Have you been doing shots of green Kool-Aid? You're never this much of a homer....

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    Every time you b*tch, it makes me smile that much harder. So glad you are miserable.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. Adding two top talents to our defense has done nothing to improve it at all.

    As far as the Revis/Milliner comparison - thanks for making it. I now can count you among the simple minded. Revis was going to be gone regardless of who we drafted. I'd rather have Milliner starting opposite Cro, than Kyle Wilson.

    Idzik is clearly drafting BPA. Do you have trouble understanding that concept? It appears so.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    I don't love the picks, either. But there is no question Kyle Wilson is better in the slot than outside, and Milliner therefore upgrades two positions. If we are going to a 4-3, which it certainly looks like (particularly with Demario Davis also starting, Richardson also fills a need on a team that just lost Mike Devito and Sione Pouha.

    Would I have rather had Warmack, or Eifert, or a trade down? Yes. But there is no question our defense is better today than yesterday.

    Our offense, however, is another story.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Yeah and some can't wait to criticize what he does before these guys even play a down.

    And how are they using the same exact strategy? How do you even know what their strategy is?? Jets lost 8 starters on defense this offseason. Gotta build it back up somehow and it's not gonna happen over night, and not in one offseason either.

    What if they draft 2 offensive guys today, does that mean our offense is fixed now??
    Rex's strategy = "you can never have enough good corners"

    Implemented in 2009 (when he had Mangini's players). Still being implemented in 2013 (when he has his players). Record keeps trending downwards. Hmmmm

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You're right. Adding two top talents to our defense has done nothing to improve it at all.

    As far as the Revis/Milliner comparison - thanks for making it. I now can count you among the simple minded. Revis was going to be gone regardless of who we drafted. I'd rather have Milliner starting opposite Cro, than Kyle Wilson.

    Idzik is clearly drafting BPA. Do you have trouble understanding that concept? It appears so.
    Idzik is drafting like a guy who has a franchise QB and can afford luxury picks.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I look at it, the more I'm okay with it.

    You'd be hard pressed to find someone on this board that wanted to go offense more than I did.

    Warmack/Eifert was my preferred scenario weeks before the draft and there it was for the taking.

    But Milliner really is a damn good CB prospect and Richardson has all the potential in the world.

    I really think the Jets are going to be able to get after the QB this season for the first time in forever. Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Barnes, etc.

    Say what you want about Rex, but the guy damn sure knows defensive talent and how to get the best out of said talent.

    As long as we pick up a WR/TE and an interior OL within the next 2-3 rounds, I'm fine with it.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    JUST PLAIN WRONG AND SHORT-SIGHTED.

    Revis hasn't played since 2011. So Milliner is replacing Wilson - I HAVE NO PROBLEM with that.

    We have the potential to be the SICKEST D-Line in the League for the next 3-4 years. There are STILL 6 PICKS LEFT THIS YEAR in the draft and TONS of cap space NEXT YEAR with more picks.

    I'm not praising Idzik by any means, but considering how the board fell, he did the best with what was there. BAP since no trades seemed really that fruitful and the offensive players available were not worthy of those slots.

    WAKE UP!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You're right. Adding two top talents to our defense has done nothing to improve it at all.

    As far as the Revis/Milliner comparison - thanks for making it. I now can count you among the simple minded. Revis was going to be gone regardless of who we drafted. I'd rather have Milliner starting opposite Cro, than Kyle Wilson.

    Idzik is clearly drafting BPA. Do you have trouble understanding that concept? It appears so.
    I was going to respond but then I saw this. Brilliant! +1.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Oh my bad, I should be happy my team gets worse every year, that Rex's D gets worse every year (no matter how many 1st round picks he throws at it), that our GM appears to be completely undermined by our buffoon of a head coach, that we have the greatest CBs and DL EVER (at least rex believes it), but still go under .500 because the rest of the team blows. Fun times to be a Jets fan. Have you been doing shots of green Kool-Aid? You're never this much of a homer....
    Its because I am not all emotional and realize that this team is not going to fix itself with two draft picks. Milliner and Richardson will be solid players. Did the Jets pass up Andrew Luck, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson and Adrien Petersen?

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It really wasn't. Aside from the fact that the rookies will not probably not even give us the same level of play as the guys they replaced (in Milliner's case, def not), this team is still beyond vulnerable to passes over the middle from short intermediate to deep. Any team with a good passing attack is going to still destroy us through the air, down the seam, over the middle, etc. Just wait, our D will continue its trend of backwards under Rex as well (1 to 3 to 5 to 8 to ???)

    I'm sorry, I don't see this D as improved from last season and I know the offense right now is clearly worse. So the team continues to go backwards and some of our fans can't wait to just give Idzik a round of applause. And how is rebuilding using the exact same strategy you used for the past 4 drafts? Someone explain this to me....
    losing bart scott and bryan thomas are additions by subtraction. Milner will play better then revis did last year (I realize revis missed most of last year so that's still a gain) Barns is a decent pass rusher and davis brings speed to the field. And i almost forgot we have the most talented dline in football

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The more I look at it, the more I'm okay with it.

    You'd be hard pressed to find someone on this board that wanted to go offense more than I did.

    Warmack/Eifert was my preferred scenario weeks before the draft and there it was for the taking.

    But Milliner really is a damn good CB prospect and Richardson has all the potential in the world.

    I really think the Jets are going to be able to get after the QB this season for the first time in forever. Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Barnes, etc.

    Say what you want about Rex, but the guy damn sure knows defensive talent and how to get the best out of said talent.

    As long as we pick up a WR/TE and an interior OL within the next 2-3 rounds, I'm fine with it.
    As you should be.

    I really wanted to Warmack too, but I don't have much ground in an argument to pass on Dee for him. Injuries aside, Dee was one of few top tier talents.

    Richardson was just flat out a far better prospect than anyone else on the board. I mean, I felt Star and Shariff were better, but I'm on a computer - the position was right, just different name.

    This always going to be defensive heavy draft up top.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone even considered the possibility that Idzik, a rookie GM with a lot of pressure on him and a power-hungry loudmouthed head coach to contend with that he didn't hire... screwed up this draft? Will anyone at least consider that possibility?

    I mean, what track record does this guy have to make people think he's some draft guru? The same scouts who loved Kyle Wilson now picked Milliner. I mean, why are people so confident we just drafted Champ Bailey and Warren Sapp?

  18. #18
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    JUST PLAIN WRONG AND SHORT-SIGHTED.

    Revis hasn't played since 2011. So Milliner is replacing Wilson - I HAVE NO PROBLEM with that.

    We have the potential to be the SICKEST D-Line in the League for the next 3-4 years. There are STILL 6 PICKS LEFT THIS YEAR in the draft and TONS of cap space NEXT YEAR with more picks.

    I'm not praising Idzik by any means, but considering how the board fell, he did the best with what was there. BAP since no trades seemed really that fruitful and the offensive players available were not worthy of those slots.

    WAKE UP!
    So who decides the criteria for BAP?

    People like throwing that acronym around, but don't even think about what's behind it. Frankly I think the definition for BAP are like a-holes, everybody's got one!

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Idzik is drafting like a guy who has a franchise QB and can afford luxury picks.
    Dude! Just stop. Lol, it is kinda funny watching this tho.


    Carry on

  20. #20
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Has anyone even considered the possibility that Idzik, a rookie GM with a lot of pressure on him and a power-hungry loudmouthed head coach to contend with that he didn't hire... screwed up this draft? Will anyone at least consider that possibility?

    I mean, what track record does this guy have to make people think he's some draft guru? The same scouts who loved Kyle Wilson now picked Milliner. I mean, why are people so confident we just drafted Champ Bailey and Warren Sapp?
    Frankly I think Idzik gave Rex enough rope to hang himself with.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us