Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For those who think our D was upgraded yesterday

All Pro
    Richardson could play 30 front DE if we asked him too...

I'd also like to point to the obvious moniker about games being won in the 4th quarter, especially in today's NFL. How sick were most of you of seeing our dline gassed in 4th because we had not rotation out there? Keeping Coples, Wilk, Rich fresh by regularly rotating them throughout the game will make a HUGE difference in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    And we have thousands of posters here, didn't see a single one beat the drum for Milliner and Richardson. It's just people being homers.
    At least in the case of Milliner, I think that was because no one expected him to be available at 9.

So many people fall in love with their mock drafts and other peoples mock drafts that they lose sight of the fact that in reality, drafts unfold differently.

Draft Insider had Richardson at the 13th overall talent in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    We had the chance to put the building blocks in place for a rebuild, we blew it. Reinforced positions that didn't need upgrading. Our continued strategy of using all of our top picks on defense, specifically corner and defensive tackle, won't work, you can't win like that.

And we have thousands of posters here, didn't see a single one beat the drum for Milliner and Richardson. It's just people being homers.
    No Buzz, just an acknowledgement that the options for offensive skill positions were woefully deficient at the top of the draft this year with only a few who were round 1 worthy. Thank God Idzik didn't reach as we have done in the past (like when we traded up for Sanchez, which most people here feared was a very bad idea at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Spoken more rationally than me, but exactly on point. Until Rex Ryan is removed from the equation, none of this will ever change. His mind is in another era. He doesn't get it and the last couple years prove that he never will.
    I see. So all of the other teams who drafted defense in round 1 (well over half the teams) have their minds in another era. Good God man, you're just not making any sense at all.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    No Buzz, just an acknowledgement that the options for offensive skill positions were woefully deficient at the top of the draft this year with only a few who were round 1 worthy. Thank God Idzik didn't reach as we have done in the past (like when we traded up for Sanchez, which most people here feared was a very bad idea at the time).
    +1, I was one of those. Then later sucked in by short term success.

Has anyone even considered the possibility that Idzik, a rookie GM with a lot of pressure on him and a power-hungry loudmouthed head coach to contend with that he didn't hire... screwed up this draft? Will anyone at least consider that possibility?

I mean, what track record does this guy have to make people think he's some draft guru? The same scouts who loved Kyle Wilson now picked Milliner. I mean, why are people so confident we just drafted Champ Bailey and Warren Sapp?
    Look at the game tape.

All Pro
    Idzik is drafting like a guy who has a franchise QB and can afford luxury picks.
    What great offensive talent did he pass on?

Warmack, that's it. If he traded away picks to get a WR who weighs less than 180 pounds, I would have acted like an angry monkey and thrown feces at the TV.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    What great offensive talent did he pass on?

Warmack, that's it. If he traded away picks to get a WR who weighs less than 180 pounds, I would have acted like an angry monkey and thrown feces at the TV.
    LOLOLOL, almost got a hernia stifling my laughter here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    The players that were picked are good players IMHO, but let's see what things look like when this draft is over. Now that I've seen how our shoddy and porous 8th ranked defense is being shored up, I'm anxious to see how our 30th ranked offense will be aided by the talent pool.
    enough to assure us of Bridgewater in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this is a very good point.

i remember the conversation being that most people would be fine taking Sanchez at #17, but in no way should we move up for him. lo and behold, we grabbed him at #5 (and were lucky that Mangini gave us a sweet deal).

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    +1, I was one of those. Then later sucked in by short term success.
    I remember arguing with Buzz about Sanchez. Thought he sucked then and sadly, the prediction came to fruition. Tanny and Rex chose an inexperienced puff of smoke.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Richardson could play 30 front DE if we asked him too...

I'd also like to point to the obvious moniker about games being won in the 4th quarter, especially in today's NFL. How sick were most of you of seeing our dline gassed in 4th because we had not rotation out there? Keeping Coples, Wilk, Rich fresh by regularly rotating them throughout the game will make a HUGE difference in the 4th quarter.
    Not only keeping them fresh, but how about in the nickel package having Coples, Wilk, Richardson all rushing the passer. Want to make a JAG OLB look good? Have those 3 guys pushing the pocket from the middle.

Practice Squad
    You'd think a longtime Jet fan would know better than to be blindly optimistic about a highly questionable draft strategy. Some of our fans never cease to amaze me.

For future reference, if your team does something questionable and your gut reaction is that it's stupid, you know what? It probably is stupid.
    Or the person calling it stupid, may be stupid!!

i love this Larry Waford og and there are 4 te that can be had in later rounds that will fit our team nicely so those guys the value is just not there in the first. lets hope richardson is more like sapp and eifert is more like kyle brady