Thread: Mehta: Tweets Smith and Jones

Mehta: Tweets Smith and Jones

Manish is tweeting we are interested in staying at 39 and taking Geno Smith if there or trading down if not and taking Barrett Jones a little later.

I'm trying to figure Idzik out. Something tells me he is a guy who wants to take the best available. More than willing to trade back. I think he looks at 39 as if these two or three guys are there we will go for them if not I will trade back and get more pick. I believe we have 6 more picks today. I would love to see them get more picks and get more players who can contribute.

Love Jones! Played and excelled at all 3 o-line positions. Only issue is his foot injury but he would be a great pickup...although top of Round 2 might be a bit early.

Also a fan of Jones.

Mehta also tweeted Kelce's name so that should be a consideration in round 3.

Mehta had the Sheldon Richardson pick pretty early last night too..

I'd rather trade back than take Geno. I hope the Jags draft him today or someone else. I would really like to grab Ertz with this pick if he's there and then grab Barrett Jones in the 3rd. Our O-line and D-line would be upgraded by round 3 so that's cool.

All Pro
    Don't think Smith is the guy. I hope we don't take him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Also a fan of Jones.

Mehta also tweeted Kelce's name so that should be a consideration in round 3.

Mehta had the Sheldon Richardson pick pretty early last night too..
    Give credit where credit is due.

Mehta nailed the Richardson pick and Gil Brandt nailed the Milliner pick (although he had us trading up to get him).

I like jones but we NEED OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS!!!! Ertz or Woods or Allen please!!!

All Pro
    I wish we were in a situation to take Cyprien if he's there but we just can't go defense again.

Don't move up for a QB.

Jones, Geno, Franklin (RB), one of the WRs....I'm okay with whatever falls to us as long as it's not a monster reach.