Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You build around the strength of your team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This Draft is not about "fixing" a football team. No draft should be. This is how bad football teams are run. If you want to build a team for sustained success, you draft the best players. If you draft to fix areas of need, you will have weak drafts and continually have needs to fill.

Ask yourself, Why do the Jets have so many holes to fill, when they spent the last 5 season filling holes with draft picks, signings, and trades? And you'll realize the answer is because it does not work.
    I agree whole heartedly .

I think the NFL draft format is perfect for the BPA strategy of drafting. On the 1st day, you take the BPA on your board when you're on the clock regardless of position or trade out and aquire additional picks. Unless you have a championship caliber team with few needs and too many picks, never trade up.

On the 2nd day of the draft, you take the PA at positions of need or trade out ut never up. The draft picks are far to valale unless you find yourself with too many like the Niners do this yr.

On the 3rd day, it's BPA but on players who have potential upside.

Following this senario, we should be looking at all areas of the team on today.

On yesterday it was the 2 Best Players Available.

On tomorrow, it should be QB, OLBer and safety. Yes, this draft is upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I agree whole heartedly .

I think the NFL draft format is perfect for the BPA strategy of drafting. On the 1st day, you take the BPA on your board when you're on the clock regardless of position or trade out and aquire additional picks. Unless you have a championship caliber team with few needs and too many picks, never trade up.

On the 2nd day of the draft, you take the PA at positions of need or trade out ut never up. The draft picks are far to valale unless you find yourself with too many like the Niners do this yr.

On the 3rd day, it's BPA but on players who have potential upside.

Following this senario, we should be looking at all areas of the team on today.

On yesterday it was the 2 Best Players Available.

On tomorrow, it should be QB, OLBer and safety. Yes, this draft is upside down.
    Stop being smart. You'll make all the whiny SOJF crazy with all that logic and critical thinking stuff.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    Stop being smart. You'll make all the whiny SOJF crazy with all that logic and critical thinking stuff.
    POTW

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Loved the picks last night I see alot of people complaining about the picks but I don't understand why? This draft is not filled with flashy picks this is a draft where you build around your foundation our strengths are the dline and the corners and those 2 spots got even better last night. Now we can go build up our offense.
    agreed and I think our new DT brings a new dimensdion to our team. he can push the p[ocket and collapse it! That causes the QB to step sideways into the onrushing DEs. See ya Brady!