Thread: Giants Reached

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Giants Reached

Second round talent in the first round. Wow, nice job! Wish we were that smart. Jets will get panned by taking BPA, which is what most teams did in this draft more than other recent drafts. Also, the top three pass rushers taken had 14 TOTAL sacks last year. Pretty bad numbers for top 10 prospects.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not anymore. The whitewashing and revisionist history is under way. Pugh was interviewed on the radio just now, and according to the hosts it's no longer a reach. They sounded like grandmothers. "Oh my what a nice boy"! He sounds wonderful, and so mature! Eli needs his O-line bolstered. Done!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looks pretty good to me and I would have been fine if the Pats had used a 1st round pick on him.

I don't think the Giants or the Jets deserve much criticism for their picks.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    He looks pretty good to me and I would have been fine if the Pats had used a 1st round pick on him.

I don't think the Giants or the Jets deserve much criticism for their picks.
    Well the Giants have 4 Trophies, some Jet fans need to shut up about the Giants and concentrate on their own house, it's comical.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Well the Giants have 4 Trophies, some Jet fans need to shut up about the Giants and concentrate on their own house, it's comical.
    Only 3 more than the Jets.

Not to mention that at least people talk about the Jets. Never hear a peep about the Giants in the media.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely.

And the kid comes off like a MAJOR MAJOR toolbag.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post

Not to mention that at least people talk about the Jets. Never hear a peep about the Giants in the media.
    Talk or trophies, hhmm, very difficult decision.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post

This has to be the most awesome post I've read in a while. Well done.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    44 years without even losing a SB let alone playing in one. Oh yeah, we have won the AFC East 2 times since the NFL/AFL merger. But hey, lets get some backpage headlines.

This is another reason why I lost my Jets fanatical syndrome. The new fans will be idiots. The Jets are ALL YOURS !!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    And worthless comments like this waste everyone's time. Regardless of what you think, people do care in the NYC area the way the Giants are handled with kid gloves no matter what they do. Funny how people take their anger out on these boards. Go find another hobby.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Second round talent in the first round. Wow, nice job! Wish we were that smart. Jets will get panned by taking BPA, which is what most teams did in this draft more than other recent drafts. Also, the top three pass rushers taken had 14 TOTAL sacks last year. Pretty bad numbers for top 10 prospects.
    No they did not. They needed a RT. He is versatile and can play all of the OL positions. It was a good pick, as there was a run on OL. The Bears and Cowboys also wanted him as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    No they did not. They needed a RT. He is versatile and can play all of the OL positions. It was a good pick, as there was a run on OL. The Bears and Cowboys also wanted him as well.
    LOL. Definition of reach.