Thread: K-Ro's thoughts..

K-Ro's thoughts..

No trading, stuck at 9, 13, getting ****blocked by Buffalo and St. Louis, I'm just in shock still. Had 1. Jordan 2. Austin 3. Mingo on my board.

Personally, I would've went Floyd at 9, and Eifert at 13. Floyd is the pass rushing DT we've been missing. Explosive off the ball, probably best pure pass rushing DL in the draft. Eifert reminds me of Tony Gonzo. Terrific hands, and catches balls at highest point. 6'6 can play outside as well as inside. Really upset Mingo, Jordan, and Tavon all got stolen under us. Still in shock that all 3 were gone.

In all honesty, if I told you guys last week that we'd end up with Richardson and Milliner with Floyd, Eifert, Star, Jarvis, Patterson, and Vaccaro all on the board, you guys wouldn't believe me. Not happy, but will get over it, as always.

Tavon and Dion getting taken right under us is reminiscent of the Knicks getting Stephen Curry stolen from them. Word came out they loved him, and a team jumped past them.

- I'm against Milliner for the sheer reason that he's going to have immense pressure on him from day one replacing Revis.

- Milliner is not Patrick Peterson, Claiborne, Revis, or even Haden. He's more of a Quinten Jammer Antonie Winfield Corner.

- This draft tells me that Rex still has a big say in things. Our last 5 first round picks are 2 Corners and 3 Down Lineman. Rex believes that his system can provide the pass rush, as he can use his play-calling to develop one.

- Richardson is a questionable pick. I like the player, not the fit. In today's NFL you need Pass Rush and Playmakers. OLB and a playmaking Safety are still pressing needs that weren't addressed. I can't wrap my mind around our plan.

- We needed more picks in round 2. Round 2 and 3 combined will be just as good if not better than this years round 1.

Round 2:
    Jonathan Cyprien
    Geno Smith
    Keenan Allen
    Justin Hunter
    Terron Armstead
    Jamie Collins

Round 3:
    Jonathan Franklin
    DaRick Rogers
    Barrett Jones
    Brian Winters
    Jordan Reed
    Gavin Escobar

Pick 2 of these guys and we have a shot to make up for a confusing round 1.
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 04-26-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

....another unhappy camper

<yawn>

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

<yawn>

Ask any Jets fan that's into the draft how they'd feel if I told them we'd spend 9 and 13 on Richardson and Milliner. There wouldn't be many happy campers.

I just want all Jet fans to know that Richardson is another 5 Tech DL. He's not a nose like Ellis. More of a pass rusher than Wilk, and probably more athletic as well.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

<yawn>
    witty, inciteful, thought provoking. Yeah, you're perfect for this place!

Why does the Jets have to have a D like everyone else's? Pass Rushing OLB and such. What is wrong with our D being different?

Wouldn't that make planning more difficult for the opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Ask any Jets fan that's into the draft how they'd feel if I told them we'd spend 9 and 13 on Richardson and Milliner. There wouldn't be many happy campers.
    With Mingo, Austin, and Jordan gone......I'm more than fine with it

I actually said best case scenario was Mingo/Milliner about a week ago

Cyprien and Swearinger are just as good as Vaccaro to me with a bunch of other solid safeties still available, no loss there

Don't like taking guards or "solid" tight ends that high, period....Eiffert went about 10 picks later anyway, no big loss

Jarvis Jones is the only guy I actually feel like we missed out on a little.....but the pathetic 40 time and spine condition scared me a little anyway

Richardson is better than Floyd.....Have always thought this

Star would have been fine, but Richardson has a much bigger pass-rushing upside which I value higher

All Pro
    Watch out for the Hunt pick!

Richardson is a more explosive /better pass rushing DT than Floyd. Yea' he isn't an ideal fit for a 3-4, good thing we don't really run a 3-4. Coples, Davis aren't 3-4 prototypes either.

I don't see how Milliner has to live up to Revis. He won't even be expected to be the #1 corner next year. Cromartie is a top 5 corner and the unquestioned #1.

Both Mingo and Austin to me are much riskier pics. What exactly is the difference between Austin and Dexter McCluster?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Richardson is a more explosive /better pass rushing DT than Floyd. Yea' he isn't an ideal fit for a 3-4, good thing we don't really run a 3-4. Coples, Davis aren't 3-4 prototypes either.

I don't see how Milliner has to live up to Revis. He won't even be expected to be the #1 corner next year. Cromartie is a top 5 corner and the unquestioned #1.

Both Mingo and Austin to me are much riskier pics. What exactly is the difference between Austin and Dexter McCluster?
    This pick makes absolutely no sense unless we plan on running a 4-3.

Coples and Richardson outside with Wilkerson and Ellis inside makes some sense. I don't see the elite pass rushing ability in any of them to be honest.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    witty, inciteful, thought provoking. Yeah, you're perfect for this place!
    speak for your self

Jets Insider VIP
    Buster Hyman in the third

It's a lock

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Big Wood speaks.....

"Ideally, I wanted the Jets to get a Guard, and a TE with their first two picks. They way the draft unfolded, nobody expected Dee Milliner to drop to them. Let me tell you, Dee Milliner was THE best corner of the draft and he will be a lockdown corner for years to come. He may not be as good as Revis, but Cro already has taken Revis' spot, so Dee Milliner will be replacing Kyle Wilson who will move inside.

Then the DT pick, Richardson is a big body that was the best pass rushing DT of the draft. He can push the pile and guess who plays the Jets twice a year? Brady. Guess what he loves to do? He loves to step in to his throws. With Richardson joining Coples and Mohammed Wilkerson, this group will move the pocket and force Brady not to step in to his throws. These two players were the two best players at their positions."

ummmmm....good enough for me

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    This pick makes absolutely no sense unless we plan on running a 4-3.

Coples and Richardson outside with Wilkerson and Ellis inside makes some sense. I don't see the elite pass rushing ability in any of them to be honest.
    And how often last season did the Jets run a traditional 3-4? Rex said he likes Richardson's ability to play with his hands up or down, ala Coples. He is building a hybrid defense that won't need to come off the field for running vs. passing downs, is fast and explosive, and can provide pressure from the inside.

Whether that works remains to be seen, but that seems to be the method far more than "we're running a 4-3 vs a 3-4"

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    And how often last season did the Jets run a traditional 3-4? Rex said he likes Richardson's ability to play with his hands up or down, ala Coples. He is building a hybrid defense that won't need to come off the field for running vs. passing downs, is fast and explosive, and can provide pressure from the inside.

Whether that works remains to be seen, but that seems to be the method far more than "we're running a 4-3 vs a 3-4"
    We run mostly 3 down lineman sets. I saw a lot of 2 or 3 down lineman with a ton of DB's. I don't see us running a lot of 4 down lineman.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Buster Hyman in the third

It's a lock
    Blazing speed lol

agree with you k-ro. I understand the concept of BPA and i'm not doubting they were the jets BPAs according to their board. but at some point, if the talent level is really close, go with the guy that fills a hole. if you had warmack at your top 4, why wouldn't you take him over milliner?

i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they unsuccessfully tried to trade out of 13 which would have been the correct move. how about a jarvis jones? or eifert? we basically drafted very good dline depth instead when dline depth is not even an issue! this guy is a first round pick that won't get enough snaps to warrant a first round pick because we have a glut of guys at the position. i'm dying to see the scheme they use to maximize all these d-lineman.

Richardson can chase down all those mobile QB's. Hell, he can out run many RB's.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    agree with you k-ro. I understand the concept of BPA and i'm not doubting they were the jets BPAs according to their board. but at some point, if the talent level is really close, go with the guy that fills a hole. if you had warmack at your top 4, why wouldn't you take him over milliner?

i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they unsuccessfully tried to trade out of 13 which would have been the correct move. how about a jarvis jones? or eifert? we basically drafted very good dline depth instead when dline depth is not even an issue! this guy is a first round pick that won't get enough snaps to warrant a first round pick because we have a glut of guys at the position. i'm dying to see the scheme they use to maximize all these d-lineman.
    That may have been a gamble. I'm guessing they figured there was a better shot at gettin Milliner + Warmack than Warmack + Hayden. Tenessee is in big need of a CB so they may have thought that Milliner was their guy. The Raiders loved Hayden.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Richardson can chase down all those mobile QB's. Hell, he can out run many RB's.
    +1