Thread: Rounds 2/3 - what we know, and what's there...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rounds 2/3 - what we know, and what's there...

Yesterday proved that regardless of who we've "gameplanned" to take, Idzik will refer to his board. Sounds like Warmack was the pick, until Dee slid. I think #13 was always going to be OLB/Dline.

So what do we know?

Jets like;
    Z. Ertz TE
    R. Nassib QB
    M. Hunt DE/OLB
    C. Washington OLB
    S. Moore OLB (more of rnd 4 guy IMO)
    DJ Swearinger S

We think they like?
    J. Cyprien S
    R. Woods WR
    G. Smith QB
    A bunch of corners that doesn't matter anymore.

I'd like to think based on this BPA available approach that the Jets won't take a Nassib or worse, but everyone keeps saying they like a QB here.

Who did I miss?
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-26-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This draft's 2nd and 3rd rounds will be the best of this century. Really wish we traded down with BOTH picks.

QB
    Geno
    Matt Scott later on

RB
    Franklin

WR
    Keenan Allen
    Da'Rick Rogers
    Justin Hunter

TE
    Gavin Escobar
    Jordan Reed

OL
    Armstead
    Jones
    Watson
    Winters

PR
    Damontre Moore
    Jamie Collins

S
    Jonathan Cyprian
    DJ Swearinger
    Baccari Rambo

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't mind trading back 4-7 spots n grab an extra 3rd. See who's left from there maybe Cyprien or Hunt, those are my top 2 for #39

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    This draft's 2nd and 3rd rounds will be the best of this century. Really wish we traded down with BOTH picks.

QB
    Geno
    Matt Scott later on

RB
    Franklin

WR
    Keenan Allen
    Da'Rick Rogers
    Justin Hunter

TE
    Gavin Escobar
    Jordan Reed

OL
    Armstead
    Jones
    Watson
    Winters

PR
    Damontre Moore
    Jamie Collins

S
    Jonathan Cyprian
    DJ Swearinger
    Baccari Rambo
    Yes..., but that's not who we like. i'm talking about prospects we're linked to. We were linked to both Milliner and Richardson

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day two of the 2013 NFL Draft is just a few hours away. Here’s what to look for today. 1:15 PM

- I’m told two landing spots for Sio Moore/LB/UConn could be the Chicago Bears or Baltimore Ravens in round two.

- After taking two defensive players in round one the New York Jets still have desperate needs on offense, especially at the tight end position. We can confirm reports the team is very high on Travis Kelce/TE/Cincinnati and will consider him at some point today.

- Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has been targeted by the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Bucs and Philadelphia Eagles. Watch Carolina considering they came away with their defensive tackle in round one. I was also told the St Louis Rams and Houston Texans had been considering Bailey, but this was prior yesterday’s first round.

- If Carolina goes defense in round two I understand they will consider Blidi Wreh-Wilson/CB/UConn.

- The New Orleans Saints have shown a lot of interest in Cornelius Washington and will look to the Georgia product at some point today. He’d fit a need at linebacker in their defensive scheme and people I’ve spoken with told me Washington will offer immediate returns as a 3-4 OLB compared to a 4-3 DE, where he will need more development.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7037

Some info:

04/24/2013 - 2013 NFL DRAFT RANG'S GANG: TE: Travis Kelce, Cincinnati, 6-5, 250, 4.64...Kelce signed (and played, at times) with the Bearcats as a quarterback and served as the backup to Adrien Robinson (now a member of the New York Giants) so his only season as Cincinnati's starting tight end was in 2012. As such, he's raw and comes with some baggage as he was suspended for the entire 2010 season. Other than top-rated tight end Tyler Eifert, however, Kelce possesses the most intriguing upside of this year's class, boasting size, athleticism, ball skills and physicality. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/travis-kelce

Strengths

Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions. Weaknesses

Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well. NFL Comparison

Rob Gronkowski Bottom Line

Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lce?id=2540258
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Day two of the 2013 NFL Draft is just a few hours away. Hereís what to look for today. 1:15 PM

- Iím told two landing spots for Sio Moore/LB/UConn could be the Chicago Bears or Baltimore Ravens in round two.

- After taking two defensive players in round one the New York Jets still have desperate needs on offense, especially at the tight end position. We can confirm reports the team is very high on Travis Kelce/TE/Cincinnati and will consider him at some point today.

- Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has been targeted by the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Bucs and Philadelphia Eagles. Watch Carolina considering they came away with their defensive tackle in round one. I was also told the St Louis Rams and Houston Texans had been considering Bailey, but this was prior yesterdayís first round.

- If Carolina goes defense in round two I understand they will consider Blidi Wreh-Wilson/CB/UConn.

- The New Orleans Saints have shown a lot of interest in Cornelius Washington and will look to the Georgia product at some point today. Heíd fit a need at linebacker in their defensive scheme and people Iíve spoken with told me Washington will offer immediate returns as a 3-4 OLB compared to a 4-3 DE, where he will need more development.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7037

Yikes. I have no love what Kelce. And neither does Pauline

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need IMO and not in order of need:

A Guard
    A Tight End
    A Quarterback (although not for immediate play)
    A Wide Reciever
    A Safety

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Yikes. I have no love what Kelce. And neither does Pauline
    I know Tony isn't a fan..What is it that you don't like? Sounds like with the position switch he still needs to develop as a TE
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Optimum Scouting:

2013 NFL DRAFT: TOP 250 PROSPECTS REMAINING AFTER ROUND ONE

In a first round that saw eight offensive lineman in the Top 20 picks, EJ Manuel as the lone quarterback in the first round, and FIVE trades, the 2013 NFL Draft first round was predictably unpredictable. And, while players like Kyle Long, Justin Pugh, and Travis Frederick surprised as first rounders, some of the draftís best players (at least in our eyes) slid past the 1st round.

Lead by Geno Smith hereís the best prospects remaining as we head into Day Two of the 2013 NFL Draft.

1. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia (#3 Overall)
    In what was a surprising development on draft day, not a single team traded up from the first round to select the quarterback who we feel is the best in this draft class. He shouldnít last long in the 2nd round, and Iím still confident heíll have a long NFL career.

2. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International (#10 Overall)
    Kenny Vaccaro was the top safety off the board, as expected, but we have Jonathan Cyprien rated closely behind him. Cyprien has the range, hitting power, and ball skills to remind his future team of Brian Dawkins, along with the ability to play strong safety in the NFL.

3. Keenan Allen, WR, California (#13 overall)
    After a reported positive drug test at the NFL Combine and a 4.7 at his pro day, Keenan Allen was going to be a hard sell for a team looking for a first round receiver. However, on film, Allen is our top rated receiver in this draft class. His ability to play inside and out, win at the catch point, and remain physical after the catch should make him an early starter for an NFL starter.

4. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU (#14 overall)
    Our top rated linebacker in this class, Minterís athletic limitations is likely what kept him out of the first round. However, he has enough range and ability to take on blocks to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme, and should be one of the first linebackers off the board on Friday.

5. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (#15 overall)
    Along with Geno Smith, Nassib was a surprise non-first rounder based on the value of quarterbacks in the draft and the ability to lock a 1st rounder up for five years as opposed to four years for a second rounder. Nassib, along with Geno, should go early on day two.

6. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (#17 overall)
    One of my favorite prospects in the entire draft, Quinton Patton is as polished of a route runner as youíll find in this draft. While not possessing the same upside as first rounders Tavon Austin or DeAndre Hopkins, Patton can step into the NFL right away and utilize his extension, decisiveness, and football IQ to be an instant starter.

7. Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn (#19 overall)
    One of the best edge rushers in this draft for us, Lemonier hasnít been talked about among the top defensive ends/outside linebackers in this class. However, we feel his quick first step, ability to translate speed into power, and his versatility to play in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense should make him coveted in the 2nd round for a variety of teams.

8. Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State (#20 overall)
    As an undersized linebacker, Brown had an uphill battle to sell himself to teams as a worthy first rounder. However, on film, there isnít a more rangy, fluid, or explosive linebacker in this draft class. Brown is a Top 20 value who should be an instant starter and playmaker for whomever drafts him in the early 2nd round.

9. Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State (#24 overall)
    After making a surprisingly speedy recovery from an ACL injury to work out for NFL teams, speculation of the Florida State pass rusher making a substantial rise to the 1st round began. However, heís still raw in his rush moves and needs more recovery time. Heíll be a target for multiple teams early on day two.

10. Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State (#26 overall)
    Coming into his senior season, Banks was viewed as the top cornerback in the 2013 draft. Despite having success in the SEC and having the thick NFL body that teams want now in cornerbacks, Banks hasnít been viewed as a first rounder.

11 . Robert Woods - WR - USC
    12 . Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
    13 . Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
    14 . Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
    15 . Jesse Williams - DT - Alabama
    16 . John Jenkins - DT - Georgia
    17 . Matt Barkley - QB - USC
    18 . Terron Armstead - OT - Arkansas Pine-Bluff
    19 . Darius Slay - CB - Mississippi State
    20 . DJ Swearinger - S - South Carolina
    21 . Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M
    22 . Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
    23 . Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
    24 . Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech
    25 . Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers
    26 . Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB - UConn
    27 . Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama
    28 . Markus Wheaton - WR - Oregon State
    29 . Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati
    30 . Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...to_expect.html

NFL Draft 2013: What to expect from the Jets as the draft moves to Day 2
    By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
    on April 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM, updated April 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

UPDATE: Some of these guys will be listed below, too, but here are a few names that will be interesting to look out for tomorrow.

In Friday's Ledger, we wrote about how the Jets went defense-first in this Draft, which wasn't a departure from previous years (Kyle Wilson in 2010, Muhammad Wilkerson in 2011, Quinton Coples in 2012). That's five straight first-round picks spent on one side of the ball.

But John Idzik said the draft was deep offensively too. At first glance, without seeing how the rest of the first round would play out, it was hard to get a grasp on that. But in looking at the remaining prospects on the board, Friday could be an interesting day for the offense.

Some available players include...

Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    Keenan Allen, WR, California
    Robert Woods, WR, USC
    Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    Brian Winters, G, Kent State
    Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
    Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
    Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    Terron Armstead, OT/G, Arkansas Pine-Bluff

On defense:

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi
    Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
    Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
    Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut

LOOKING AHEAD

What to watch during the next two days of the NFL Draft

OFFENSIVE LINE

The Jets didnít have the guard they liked fall to them in the first round and still have a hole there. A possibility is Kent Stateís Brian Winters, who they visited on campus. The team also could use some depth across the board, with a tentative situation at right tackle.

RECEIVER

Tavon Austin got snatched up before the Jetsí first-round pick, leaving them without a standout playmaker to take. That being said, general manager John Idzik feels the class is deep and that there is some value on offense in the second and third rounds. The Jets could take a look at Tennesseeís Justin Hunter, among others.

PASS RUSHER

The Jets could still use a speed presence on the outside after focusing a third straight draft on their interior rush. Granted, if things work out according to plan, teams will have a lot more to worry about blocking inside, leaving the Jetsí outside rushers with a cleaner trip into the backfield.
    I am feeling Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Quinton Patton, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Larry Warford, and Jaime Collins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Tony isn't a fan..What is it that you don't like? Sounds like with the position switch he still needs to develop as a TE
    I didn't think he looked like a natural pass catcher, or able to do much in tight windows. Just a lot of low ceiling plays. No after the catch ability really. Decent blocker, but definitely a tier below Esco & Ertz, and debatably Kasa

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I want:

Geno Smith QB

Lemonier DE

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I didn't think he looked like a natural pass catcher, or able to do much in tight windows. Just a lot of low ceiling plays. No after the catch ability really. Decent blocker, but definitely a tier below Esco & Ertz, and debatably Kasa
    Kasa intrigues me too..Where do you see him 4th-5th Round?
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kasa intrigues me too..Where do you see him 4th-5th Round?
    I would hazard late 4th, but who knows!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cyprien

Kennan Allen

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTerp View Post
    Cyprien

Kennan Allen
    There is still some talent left in this second round.

If there was a way to trade back and collect an extra pick this s the year to do it.

I like Cyprien, Allen, Lemonier, G Smith, Damontre Moore, and T Carradine enough that I would have been okay had we traded down and picked one in the first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nclion View Post
    There is still some talent left in this second round.

If there was a way to trade back and collect an extra pick this s the year to do it.

I like Cyprien, Allen, Lemonier, G Smith, Damontre Moore, and T Carradine enough that I would have been okay had we traded down and picked one in the first.
    Apparently we're not high on Moore, We spent no time with Carradine, or Allen.

It reeks like a Geno/Ertz/Cyprien decision, though i'd favor Hunt and Swearinger over them all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreen115 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading back 4-7 spots n grab an extra 3rd. See who's left from there maybe Cyprien or Hunt, those are my top 2 for #39
    +1
    This is my hope
    A lot of players fit the Jets needs now in the next 2 rounds
    We get another 3 & this could be a great draft with 12 more next year & a chitload of cap space.