Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Which QB Would You Prefer?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan Nassib

17 20.99%
  • Matt Barkley

8 9.88%
  • Geno Smith

34 41.98%
  • Tyler Wilson

5 6.17%
  • Mike Glennon

17 20.99%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: QB in 2nd Round for Jets? (MERGED)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on board with Geno, but after early reports of his work ethic and now his pouting at the draft and wanting to stay home tonight. I'm out on Geno in any way. He showed me a lot about him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking JETS LOOKING AT OT FOR PICK 39- TERR. ARMSTEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't buy it. Yesterday's picks say they'll take what's there. If Geno's still on the board at 39... well, then maybe. Let's hope he's not.

In fact, let's hope we finally get an offer to trade back.
    =StrengthsArmstead is a fantastic athlete for the position. He is light on his feet in pass protection, and nimble when on the move. Agile, moves well in space, shows the quickness to get to the second level and cut off linebackers. Has been asked to pull all the way across the line and has shown effectiveness in doing so. Bends and redirects well. Extends his arms to keep pass rushers at bay. Not overwhelmed by defensive twists and stunts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Please do not take Nassib, how about Ertz
    I think he'll be a 49er today.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I was on board with Geno, but after early reports of his work ethic and now his pouting at the draft and wanting to stay home tonight. I'm out on Geno in any way. He showed me a lot about him.
    ppl see highlight videos on youtube and fall in love with a player, but they forget about character, which is just as important. vince young, jamarcus russell anyone...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I am hearing major noise we are taking Geno,but this is a bad move.Take Glennon and let him develop behind Garrard for a year or 2 and then take over.He has untapped potential...monster arm/height...and poise when throwing ints,he comes back.Please lord.
    Is this the same noise you posted about in the Draft forum when you said you heard from a Texas Horns insider that Okafor was going to be a top 20 pick. He is still in the green room.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this Geno Smith talk could be an attempt to trade back and get more picks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Unfortunately, I disagree and that's why I really don't want a QB now. No way does Izdik give up on a 2nd round QB after one year, especially since that 2nd round QB will barely play as a rookie.
    I'm not so sure. I see it as a comparable scenario to when the Panthers took Clausen in the 2nd round and picked Newton the following year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please, no QB's today, if ever.

Speaking of 2nd round picks - where was Ducasse graded and was Tanny picking him in the 2nd round a total reach?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lolz!

How mobile is Nassib? Because he'll have Dion Jordan, Wake, and other passrushers coming at him all year. The good news....he'll have Austin Howard and Vlad Ducasses protecting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Nassib: "Rex Ryan said he has a plan for me"
    You're on fire today.

Btw, all of these rumors are smokescreens. None of the rumors panned out. No one had us taking Richardson and Milliner. So whatever sources are giving out Jet news is feeding them lies. The days of Mr. T are over!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely on board with Barkley or Geno, don't want Nassib

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Please no Geno Smith at any pick. The questions about his character sound warranted. He took his toys pouting and went home yesterday (ie leaving New York) until he was 'warned' that he ought to stick around lest his character be questioned, so he did a U-turn and is heading back to Radio City tonight. Wa wa I don't think I want a baby like that at QB.
    So a kid who thought (rightly or wrongly) that he was supposed to go top 10 doesn't go in the first round at all and he's a character question for being upset? And then, after being advised that he should go back to Radio City, decides to do exactly that?

Sorry, not quite following your logic. There are plenty of reasons not to like Geno Smith, not sure that is one of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be suprised at all if we go QB today in the 2nd.

I just thought it would be Manuel we'd get, didn't see Buffalo skipping their Coach's own guy to select Manuel so early.

Got to give a slight pauce for Nassib if his own Coach didn't want him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =StrengthsArmstead is a fantastic athlete for the position. He is light on his feet in pass protection, and nimble when on the move. Agile, moves well in space, shows the quickness to get to the second level and cut off linebackers. Has been asked to pull all the way across the line and has shown effectiveness in doing so. Bends and redirects well. Extends his arms to keep pass rushers at bay. Not overwhelmed by defensive twists and stunts.
    He's got some kind of "back issue" though that just recently was leaked. Some medical red flags with that guy.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I'm not so sure. I see it as a comparable scenario to when the Panthers took Clausen in the 2nd round and picked Newton the following year.
    That would be the hope if the situation played out that way, I just don't know how many GMs would basically give up on a 2nd round pick after one year, because if you take a QB in the top 10, he's going to start at some point.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the Jets have a sneaky desire for Glennon

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Please no Geno Smith at any pick. The questions about his character sound warranted. He took his toys pouting and went home yesterday (ie leaving New York) until he was 'warned' that he ought to stick around lest his character be questioned, so he did a U-turn and is heading back to Radio City tonight. Wa wa I don't think I want a baby like that at QB.
    What's worse, that or a QB going on stage when he's picked, actively moping, and then making it clear that he will under no circumstances play for the team that drafted him? Because Eli Manning and John Elway both did that. There are plenty of reasons not to want to draft Geno (I don't think he'll be a good QB) but his behavior last night isn't one of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Glennon will be there in the third.
    Plus 1. Reaching for a guy who will be available later is stupid.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I agree man.and his tweets about him dissing the experts who didn't give him a high grade also was pouting.. Izdik is too smart to fall for Geno, think we pick WR or guard. Maybe 3rd rd if Glennon or bray if they are still there, but Im ok with not taking a qb this yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and that's why it's better to draft BAP in the first round. the jets took two good defensive players, for a unit that lost a bunch of guys. now in rounds 2 and 3 they can look at offense, where the value is.

i think a lot of the doom and gloomers here now will feel better about this draft after we see who they take tonight. there's a lot of wrs left who can contribute, some TEs and rbs can be had tomorrow too.
    Allen and Escobar would be nice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Plus 1. Reaching for a guy who will be available later is stupid.
    Because you never can guarantee if he'll be there later.

I wanted Manuel at 13 and some foolish people screamed saying that it was far too early.

Lastly, you just don't **** around with the QB position. You choose a guy you think is going to be good. You don't just go with the next guy on your board. Show conviction, otherwise it's a waste of time.