Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we draft Geno - you'd better be OK with Garrard starting 16 games.

All Pro

If we draft Geno - you'd better be OK with Garrard starting 16 games.

Drafting Geno = Mark getting cut. That's not a camp competition. that's camp feeding frenzy of bullsh*t. Later guys like Glennon or Nassib, sure. Geno? no...

There'd be no point in trotting Sanchez out there.

But realize that Geno needs a "Rivers" year. This isn't one of those day 1 guys. He needs a full year under his belt of doing nothing holding a clipboard. You stunt that, and he'll be washed out in 3 years.

I'd rather see Garrard start all 16 games than Sanchez or Tebum.

I have said it from day one not one move we made had me thinking Mark was going to ever play anther down for this team. It has been Tebow and Garrard all the way down the stretch. Now we are looking at QBs to compete. Fully expect one I'd rather it be Glennon. Smith attitude over the last 24 hrs just has shown low character. He would be anther McNabb at best where a lot of people hate him even if he plays great.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    So would I, but I doubt that Garrard can stay healthy for 16 games.

All League
    Im ok with that

Problem with that is that Garrard won't make all 16 games.

In a perfect world, not one of the QB's currently on our roster would still be on our roster on opening day 2013.

2013 is a wasted year regardless, so it doesn't really matter who starts.

Whatever is best long-term is what I support.

Jets Insider VIP
    would be a great deal

Garrard is going to be the starter in 2013 anyhow, since he is vastly better than McElroy, Simms and especially the Tiajuana Turnover Machine. Teblow is irrelevant since he's not a quarterback

So you draft Geno, release both Teblow and the TTM in one fell swoop, have Garrard play and mentor Geno for a season like his little brother and then start Geno in 2014

finally a solution to the Jet Qb MESS

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Drafting Geno = Mark getting cut. That's not a camp competition. that's camp feeding frenzy of bullsh*t. Later guys like Glennon or Nassib, sure. Geno? no...

But realize that Geno needs a "Rivers" year. This isn't one of those day 1 guys. He needs a full year under his belt of doing nothing holding a clipboard. You stunt that, and he'll be washed out in 3 years.
    I have 8 million reasons why Mark stays on the team.

Hell, I would rather see GMac start all 16 games then either Sanchez or Tebow.

I'd be OK with Vinny Testaverde starting 16 games over Sanchez. No more sanchez, I'll watch anyone else at QB at this point. There's no way Garrard could be worse than what Sanchez did last year. He's never had a year anything even close to what Sanchez put up in 2012

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Why wouldn't we be okay with this?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Hell, I would rather see GMac start all 16 games then either Sanchez or Tebow.
    or even GMCJet

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I have 8 million reasons why Mark stays on the team.
    Dead money, figuratively speak. NY has not, and likely will not forgive Mark for last year. Marty, Rex and co. would NOT be OK with Geno on the roster, Mark on the field, and 80+ thousand in the seats chanting Geno for 3 hours for 8 weeks. Not to mention TC and all the rest of the jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

Why wouldn't we be okay with this?
    Apparently on some alternate universe where Sanchez wasn't ranked 36th out of all starting QBs last season.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Dead money, figuratively speak. NY has not, and likely will not forgive Mark for last year. Marty, Rex and co. would NOT be OK with Geno on the roster, Mark on the field, and 80+ thousand in the seats chanting Geno for 3 hours for 8 weeks. Not to mention TC and all the rest of the jazz.
    You're basing this on a qb being drafted and then I'd agree with you. But I don't think they'll draft one.

I could be wrong, most of the time I am! But if they call Geno's name at 39, you'll hear an outcry from the south around Chesapeake, VA

I really hope you're right about not taking a QB but if one they liked fell to them that would be one thing, trading up in this draft for the likes of a Geno Smith would be quite another.
    Last edited by extra714; 04-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    I really hope we take a pass on Geno Smith but that being said please God do not trade up for this guy, if he falls to us that's one thing but the thought of trading up for the likes of him in this draft is a double mistake.
    Not if we trade our pick and Mark Sanchez to move up and take him.

there is no way Garrard plays all 16 games, he is going to get hurt at some point.. Especially if we don't fix the Oline ASAP tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Not if we trade our pick and Mark Sanchez to move up and take him.
    hahaha man I wish we could.. not just to pick Geno, but not only giving away Sanchez without paying a large portion of his salary, but not pay a dime and still move up in draft I think it would be much easier to trade tebow factoring in salary.. No way is mark worth 7 million more than tebow..