View Poll Results: Which QB Would You Prefer?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan Nassib

17 20.99%
  • Matt Barkley

8 9.88%
  • Geno Smith

34 41.98%
  • Tyler Wilson

5 6.17%
  • Mike Glennon

17 20.99%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: QB in 2nd Round for Jets? (MERGED)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If Qb, I would go Geno over Nassib it doesn't mean they are the man , I would like to get a TE, Marty needs a TE.

- After taking two defensive players in round one the New York Jets still have desperate needs on offense, especially at the tight end position. We can confirm reports the team is very high on Travis Kelce/TE/Cincinnati and will consider him at some point today.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7037

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I agree man.and his tweets about him dissing the experts who didn't give him a high grade also was pouting.. Izdik is too smart to fall for Geno, think we pick WR or guard. Maybe 3rd rd if Glennon or bray if they are still there, but Im ok with not taking a qb this yr.
    I'm in the minority, but I think Sanchez will have a better year under MM. If not, give Garrard a chance and draft one next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    So a kid who thought (rightly or wrongly) that he was supposed to go top 10 doesn't go in the first round at all and he's a character question for being upset? And then, after being advised that he should go back to Radio City, decides to do exactly that?

Sorry, not quite following your logic. There are plenty of reasons not to like Geno Smith, not sure that is one of them.
    Agreed. I am 38 years old, married with 2 kids and if I was embarrassed like that on TV I am not sure I would be able to handle it as well as Geno did.

It's not like he sat on the field like a little kid after losing a little league game:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't buy it. Yesterday's picks say they'll take what's there. If Geno's still on the board at 39... well, then maybe. Let's hope he's not.

In fact, let's hope we finally get an offer to trade back.
    Amen on the trade back thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    What's worse, that or a QB going on stage when he's picked, actively moping, and then making it clear that he will under no circumstances play for the team that drafted him? Because Eli Manning and John Elway both did that. There are plenty of reasons not to want to draft Geno (I don't think he'll be a good QB) but his behavior last night isn't one of them.
    Agreed.

I honestly don't get the Geno hate. 42 TDs and 6 ints. 71% completions. What the hell is the guy supposed to do? I believe that Geno will be the best QB in this class. Unfortunately, I think he is going to Philly after Jax takes Nassib. So that leaves us Barkley or Glennon.

And when one of these guys is our starter it will be fun to go back and pull up all the threads knocking Geno. All coming from fans of the team starting the Buttfumbler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    Unfortunately, I disagree and that's why I really don't want a QB now. No way does Izdik give up on a 2nd round QB after one year, especially since that 2nd round QB will barely play as a rookie.
    Why not? Sanchez and Garrard will not be on the roster after the 2013, the Jets will absolutely need another QB even if they go "franchise QB" in round 1 in 2014. If the 2nd round QB can't beat out Sanchez and Garrard in training camp, his ceiling is not very high to begin with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Please, no QB's today, if ever.

Speaking of 2nd round picks - where was Ducasse graded and was Tanny picking him in the 2nd round a total reach?
    Ducasse was considered a likely first rounder by the time the draft rolled round and according to a prominent poster in the draft forum with knowledge of these things we actually were planning to take him with our first round pick until Kyle Wilson dropped.PFW had him rate their 4th best OT that year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The flip-side to the Geno reaction is that you could argue he will use this as motivation and play with a huge chip on his shoulder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.
    ugh is it really necessary to trade up for this guy????

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets want QB

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

What good is a new QB if we still have no one to support Geno or Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Why not? Sanchez and Garrard will not be on the roster after the 2013, the Jets will absolutely need another QB even if they go "franchise QB" in round 1 in 2014. If the 2nd round QB can't beat out Sanchez and Garrard in training camp, his ceiling is not very high to begin with.
    Absolutely. Nothing prevents us from taking a QB at 1 because we took one at 39 the year before.

But not to worry, we'll go DL for the 4th year in a row with Clowney.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    So a kid who thought (rightly or wrongly) that he was supposed to go top 10 doesn't go in the first round at all and he's a character question for being upset? And then, after being advised that he should go back to Radio City, decides to do exactly that?

Sorry, not quite following your logic. There are plenty of reasons not to like Geno Smith, not sure that is one of them.
    He needed to be told what the right thing to do was, and to do it. It shows a level of immaturity that he is not ready to be a starter (or even the clipboard holder) in the white hot market of NY. People get on Sanchez for eating a hot dog. This is much, much worse and indicates how he would handle being benched, not being the starter, etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Agreed.

I honestly don't get the Geno hate. 42 TDs and 6 ints. 71% completions. What the hell is the guy supposed to do? I believe that Geno will be the best QB in this class. Unfortunately, I think he is going to Philly after Jax takes Nassib. So that leaves us Barkley or Glennon.

And when one of these guys is our starter it will be fun to go back and pull up all the threads knocking Geno. All coming from fans of the team starting the Buttfumbler.
    It became trendy to hate the guy, but apparently from last night NFL teams were weary. I went to Rutgers and have watched a lot of Big East football. Smith is definitely a better player than Nassib. I don't see Nassib as a strong NFL player, his absolute ceiling is Andy Dalton, but he honestly won't even as good as that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    The flip-side to the Geno reaction is that you could argue he will use this as motivation and play with a huge chip on his shoulder.
    Yep. That same motivation still drives Aaron Rodgers to this day. Geno has a lot to prove, but having a chip on your shoulder I think can be a useful motivational tool.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets moving up for QB?

Just heard on my team stream....Geno?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sit tight. Don't trade up.

With that said, I think the Jets are pissed that their last offensive target, Tavon Austin, was swiped from under their nose. They may not want to watch Geno go just before them in the mid 30's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan:

"hey Ryan Nassib, welcome to the club, you ready to be a JET! Let me introduce you to Vlad Ducasse, Austin Howard, and Willie Colon. Oh and over there is Santonio Holmes, he hates you already because you don't get him the ball enough. And that there is Stephen Hill, his hands are great for crushing stone but he's still figuring out the whole catching footballs thing. And that there is Jeff Cumberland.....yeah, um....Jeff Cumberland. You're gonna love these guys, go get em son! Woo!!!!!"

slaps on the ass....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He's got some kind of "back issue" though that just recently was leaked. Some medical red flags with that guy.
    Are you talking about our 1st rounder?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Just heard on my team stream....Geno?
    hope NOT

plenty of similar quality quarterbacks will still be available on Saturday

Dysart, Bray, Jones, Wilson, Scott, maybe Nassib too

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.