View Poll Results: Which QB Would You Prefer?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryan Nassib

17 20.99%
  • Matt Barkley

8 9.88%
  • Geno Smith

34 41.98%
  • Tyler Wilson

5 6.17%
  • Mike Glennon

17 20.99%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: QB in 2nd Round for Jets? (MERGED)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Just heard on my team stream....Geno?
    Yeah cus everybody knew we were going Richardson at 13!!!!

All Pro
    Me Personally, I would continue to take the best Player available on my board until the 4th round at which point i would look at Bray and Dysert if either were still around.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Ducasse was considered a likely first rounder by the time the draft rolled round and according to a prominent poster in the draft forum with knowledge of these things we actually were planning to take him with our first round pick until Kyle Wilson dropped.PFW had him rate their 4th best OT that year
    Must been a bad year for OT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He needed to be told what the right thing to do was, and to do it. It shows a level of immaturity that he is not ready to be a starter (or even the clipboard holder) in the white hot market of NY. People get on Sanchez for eating a hot dog. This is much, much worse and indicates how he would handle being benched, not being the starter, etc.
    I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

What good is a new QB if we still have no one to support Geno or Sanchez.
    Ha ha,
    Yea, Idzik is telling everyone what the Jets are doing. Just like they were trading up to 3 last night, and if these so called experts know what the Jets are doing why were they so surprised when we took Richardson!
    Because you don't draft for need unless it's the best player on the board.

Jets Insider VIP
    no trading up, Mr Idzik

thank you

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I agree. This year, if I had to pick, Barkley. But I know very little about the other QBs.

I am hoping O Line or Tight End in the second and third, possibly a pass rusher SINCE WE STILL DON"T HAVE ONE!
    Yuck, no more USC qb's please.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sit tight. Don't trade up.

With that said, I think the Jets are pissed that their last offensive target, Tavon Austin, was swiped from under their nose. They may not want to watch Geno go just before them in the mid 30's.
    If they want him for sure, they need to trade with Jax, who is very capable of taking him themselves at 33. At the very least they have to jump Philly and have some great intel that Jax loves Barkley or something like that. To jump from 39 to 33, I wonder what the bill would be for that

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If they want him for sure, they need to trade with Jax, who is very capable of taking him themselves at 33. At the very least they have to jump Philly and have some great intel that Jax loves Barkley or something like that. To jump from 39 to 33, I wonder what the bill would be for that
    please god, Jagwires --- take Geno's Pizza at 33

thank you

Can they trade one of next years picks (compensatory) to move up? Or Tebow! Need to keep these picks today. Who is the tougher Competitor? Nassib, Smith or Sanchez? Who steps up when the money is on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    please god, Jagwires --- take Geno's Pizza at 33

thank you
    Says the guy who thinks we're set with Garrard for "years." Who as recently as like week 9 last season thought Sanchez was a stud QB.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Can they trade one of next years picks (compensatory) to move up? Or Tebow! Need to keep these picks today. Who is the tougher Competitor? Nassib, Smith or Sanchez? Who steps up when the money is on the line?
    No!

1. Comps can't be traded
    2. They haven't even been awarded yet

All League
    I think Nassib goes to Jax and Geno is going to Philly. Philly really wanted Manuel and while Geno isn't Manuel, he the most mobile guy left for this round.

In reality, it doesn't even matter. The offense has been neglected for so long, it will take at least 3 more drafts to rebuild it. By then, Geno or whoever will just be Mark Sanchez the Buttfumbler II.

Jets Insider VIP
    At this point, go get geno. We dont have a good qb on the roster. Get him and hand him the reigns tonight. Cut sanchez and garrard can tutor the young fellow.

Its time for another qb. And with the rookie scale, we wont be saddled with him like we are sanchez. Hell we can draft another qb next year if he doesnt work out. Like the panthers did with Clausen/Newton.

Go get em izzy!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He needed to be told what the right thing to do was, and to do it. It shows a level of immaturity that he is not ready to be a starter (or even the clipboard holder) in the white hot market of NY. People get on Sanchez for eating a hot dog. This is much, much worse and indicates how he would handle being benched, not being the starter, etc.
    OK.

You're reaching, me thinks.

Cimini: Jets trying to move up in 2nd round

The New York Jets have made calls to multiple teams Friday to try to move up from the 39th overall pick, seventh in the second round, to draft a quarterback, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Jets used both of their first-round picks on defense, taking cornerback Dee Milliner from Alabama ninth overall and defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson four picks later.

New York debated taking West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith at No. 13 before settling on Richardson. Smith was widely considered to be a first-round pick.

Smith, Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib are quarterbacks expected to be selected early in the second round.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, top scout Terry Bradway and an area scout dined with Smith last month on the eve of his pro day.

Mornhinweg was "raving" about Smith upon returning to the Jets' facility, according to a source.

On Wednesday, Smith told reporters, "There's a level of interest there," referring to the Jets. He also visited the Jets' facility, where he spent time with Mornhinweg, Rex Ryan and quarterbacks coach David Lee.

"I had a great visit," Smith said. "All those guys were great -- Coach Lee, Coach Mornhinweg. It was really great sitting down with those guys. I enjoyed it. We'll see what happens."

Smith was asked how he would handle the intense scrutiny of playing quarterback in New York.

"It depends on the way you look at it. You can look at it as a negative, or you can look at it as a positive," he said. "New York is a great place to market -- a great city once you start winning games and get things rolling.

You look at Eli [Manning], even Broadway Joe. He's still a legend around here."

Mornhinweg also dined with Nassib at his pro day. The Jets have communicated with Nassib as recently as this week.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...erback-sources

Nassib/Smith as a mid-high 2nd round pick is awesome value... I would have no problems with this. The fact that it gives Sanchez legitimate competition is reason enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yep. That same motivation still drives Aaron Rodgers to this day. Geno has a lot to prove, but having a chip on your shoulder I think can be a useful motivational tool.
    Excellent point...many similarities with Rodgers when he came out

All Pro
    Ugh. I really, really hope we don't move up for one of these bum QBs.

If there's one consensus in this draft it's that this crop of QBs flat out sucks and the teams that are taking them are the dumb ones.

Incredibly frustrating.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Excellent point...many similarities with Rodgers when he came out
    Except that Geno is a surly loser who wanted to go home and sulk after not going in the first round.