Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading up for Geno???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol

Just as you hear, "We have a trade at 33....the Jets are now on the clock," jetswin reaches over behind the server and....

lol, classic scene

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    If Geno is our guy and we can get him at #39, you gotta go get the ****ing guy...I mean, it's worth a shot.

Past Second Rounders:

Stephen Hill--ehhhhh
    Vlad Ducasse----yupppp, genius
    David Harris---ok, ya got me here
    Kellen Clemens---BUST
    Mike Nugeent---hahaha
    Justin Miller---mehhhhhh, decent
    Victor Hobson--OK, barely
    Jon McGraw---ehhhh
    Lamont Jordan---decent
    Randy Thomas---ok

Ya see what I am getting at here...we have gotten decent production from a few of those guys, that's it.

It's worth a shot. Let's get this ****er.
    wow. trade out of the round, get 2 3rds...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 21s
    #Jets asked Ferguson to re-work contract because of Revis trade and cap acceleration. Counts $13M this year in "dead" money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael K just said that he either heard our was told that Idzik said something to the effect "Woody really likes Geno".

Woody already forced Tebow on both Tanny and Rex, and then made Tanny take the fall. Now he is dictating Idzik.

If Kay's report is accurate, then everyone here should be on notice as to who the real problem is in this organization. And he can't be fired. I despise Woody Johnson. I really do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    . @KimJonesSports says she hears QB is not on the #Jets to-do list for today. Maybe Geno Smith's availability changed that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Michael K just said that he either heard our was told that Idzik said something to the effect "Woody really likes Geno".

Woody already forced Tebow on both Tanny and Rex, and then made Tanny take the fall. Now he is dictating Idzik.

If Kay's report is accurate, then everyone here should be on notice as to who the real problem is in this organization. And he can't be fired. I despise Woody Johnson. I really do.
    Bit of hearsay there, isn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael Kay is still analyzing Captain Jeter's press conference of yesterday. He doesn't actually know that the NFL is even having a draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUST!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it came from Shefter who was on Kay's show earlier and said he sees Geno to the Jets...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats it matter if Woody really like him, I'm sure all the owners are in alot of the meetings, they all seem to be in the war rooms. Woody can give his imput like anyone else in that room and i'm sure most owners do, but final decision is Idzik's

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if its not Geno but a guy like Demontrae Moore who would be a fit as a OLB? I know it's another Def guy but he would be the BPA at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    What if its not Geno but a guy like Demontrae Moore who would be a fit as a OLB? I know it's another Def guy but he would be the BPA at this point.
    Damontre Moore was a top ten pick before he just destroyed his football image in the combine.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    What if he fulfills his potential and makes us a great team for years? Shouldn't we take that chance? He is the best QB on the board and a great athlete. We've gone so long without a franchise QB, we should be trying to find one every year since that position is what makes teams great.
    Totally agree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Jets' Day 2 plans do not include quarterback

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well that was certainly fun while it lasted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

back to reality.

Mark ****ing Sanchez is our ****ing quarterback for another year.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case, then we have ourselves another.

And God help us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Seems like everyone and there brother is saying jets are trying to trade up for Geno...

Jets believed to be targeting Geno in move up ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter Friday that the Jets are trying to trade up in the draft's second round, and are "pretty clearly" targeting West Virginia QB Geno Smith.
    "A Jets team official has confirmed that the Jets are making calls to move up in the second round," Sal Pal stated. "And the question is, 'What are they targeting?' It's pretty clear it's a quarterback. And from everything that we're hearing, it's pretty clear it could be Geno Smith." Paolantonio believes the Jets may need to leapfrog the Eagles at No. 35 in order to confidently secure Smith. The Jets currently have the 39th overall selection.

Report: Jets looking to trade up for QB ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have made calls to "multiple teams" about trading up from No. 39 in an attempt to select a quarterback.
    The smoke that the Jets are eyeing a day-two quarterback is turning to fire. Per Schefter, the Jets "debated" West Virginia's Geno Smith at No. 13. The New York Daily News reported Wednesday that Smith was the No. 1 QB on New York's board. With a number of QB-needy teams picking ahead of them, the Jets might not get their man if they can't successfully move up. According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Lions are "actively shopping" the 36ht pick, but that might not get the job done for Geno.

I dont like this one bit.
    could be just a smokescreen to get teams to trade up. Certainly if the eagles decide to trade up they can offer better deal.. I would not want us to over pay in a bidding war to trade up for Geno..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

back to reality.

Mark ****ing Sanchez is our ****ing quarterback for another year.
    C'mon, don't believe everything you read at draft time. Wait till the pic comes in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have known for a while that Woody Johnson was the main issue here...hellooooooo

are you surprised?

nothing to see here folks, carry on.