Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading up for Geno???

Trading up for Geno???

Seems like everyone and there brother is saying jets are trying to trade up for Geno...

Jets believed to be targeting Geno in move up ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter Friday that the Jets are trying to trade up in the draft's second round, and are "pretty clearly" targeting West Virginia QB Geno Smith.
    "A Jets team official has confirmed that the Jets are making calls to move up in the second round," Sal Pal stated. "And the question is, 'What are they targeting?' It's pretty clear it's a quarterback. And from everything that we're hearing, it's pretty clear it could be Geno Smith." Paolantonio believes the Jets may need to leapfrog the Eagles at No. 35 in order to confidently secure Smith. The Jets currently have the 39th overall selection.

Report: Jets looking to trade up for QB ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have made calls to "multiple teams" about trading up from No. 39 in an attempt to select a quarterback.
    The smoke that the Jets are eyeing a day-two quarterback is turning to fire. Per Schefter, the Jets "debated" West Virginia's Geno Smith at No. 13. The New York Daily News reported Wednesday that Smith was the No. 1 QB on New York's board. With a number of QB-needy teams picking ahead of them, the Jets might not get their man if they can't successfully move up. According to CBS' Jason La Canfora, the Lions are "actively shopping" the 36ht pick, but that might not get the job done for Geno.

I dont like this one bit.

Let this be a smoke screen !!! pleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    It's coming, so get ready.

i will believe it when i see it. picking a QB here, esp Geno would mean they can just cut Sanchez tomorrow...he is done...more then he WAS DONE (yes, its possible).

I also question the desire to draft a second QB of the future in Rex's "swing" year. New coach, new QB...isnt that how that goes?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    It's coming, so get ready.
    Id rather see Tebow ... and that is saying a L O T !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

I also question the desire to draft a second QB of the future in Rex's "swing" year. New coach, new QB...isnt that how that goes?
    yes.

I think Rexy is here for at least one more year, if you watched the post draft presser, it still looks lik hes in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    I think Rexy is here for at least one more year, if you watched the post draft presser, it still looks lik hes in control.
    So he approved of trading Revis, then?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Perhaps Geno is insurance, not Lloyds of London, non the less next year is next year and maybe they want to cover their bets. McNabb light if you will.

O line if someone is there worth the pick. Won't matter who is in the backfield without fixing that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OMG No. Who the f cares if Jax or Philly draft Geno SMith? It'll be their freaking loss, not ours. He is so overrated. No need to trade up here. No need to draft a QB at 39 either, let alone waste a PRECIOUS pick by trading up. Even if Philly or Jax takes Smith and the other drafts Glennon or Barkley, there will still be one of them as well as Wilson, Bray, Dysert, Scott to be had in round 4. There is not a tremendous difference among the group to lose out on a great opportunity to trade back in round 2 and get more picks.

And Schefter is more often right than many of the others too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.

All Pro
    Pray this is a smokescreen. DO NOT WANT.

Tanny-esque

this smells like smoke. i hope it's smoke. Let's draft Dysert in the 4th/5th

What if he fulfills his potential and makes us a great team for years? Shouldn't we take that chance? He is the best QB on the board and a great athlete. We've gone so long without a franchise QB, we should be trying to find one every year since that position is what makes teams great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrex View Post
    this smells like smoke. i hope it's smoke. Let's draft Dysert in the 4th/5th
    Or Scott in the 5th/6th. You'll be surprised.

Not sure I want Geno, or Nassib... but if moving up is what will be done, then why not send pick 39 and Tebow to whatever team is looking to trade back?

Probably no one would take it cause everyone seems to be under the impression that we will crap can Tebow anyways.

Still thats pretty much a push for us. I just dont wanna see them trade away another pick later on just to move up for a qb.

I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Trade for 39 and 106 to Jax for 33. Works out in terms of value.

Nassib to hold the clipboard this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Trade for 39 and 106 to Jax for 33. Works out in terms of value.
    If they really like geno it's a no brainer