Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D'Brick Restructured...Hello Geno?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Now that they created the extra cap room with the DBrick restructure $5.1 million) and cutting Tebow prior to June 1st would save another $1.5 million why would you wait till June 1st to cut Tebow or Sanchez? That only pushes more money to next years cap. I would rather get it all done this year. The more money we have next off season the better.
    I see. I thought waiting till June helps us out with both of them. Which ever way is the best/cheapest way. I don't want us to take a QB this year but if we do, I want Sanchez and Tebow gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well there's no denying - if you take Geno - Mark is dead in the water. TC would be a media nightmare, the whole season would be colliseum of jeers.

I just hope if we do take Geno, that he doesn't play a snap in 2013. He needs a full year of grooming.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I have to ask; with no clear-cut franchise QB in the draft, a dearth of quality FA QBs available and numerous holes in positions like the OL, TE, LB and S (the last 2 seemingly forever), what is to be gained in wasting a pick on a QB and cutting Sanchez?
    Well as mentioned above, with the freed cap space, they can go after a FA guard like Moore or Peterman. There goes the OL problem.

TE, LB, and S- draft

Plus do you realize how the fans will think about this draft if they get rid of Sanchez and draft a QB?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well there's no denying - if you take Geno - Mark is dead in the water. TC would be a media nightmare, the whole season would be colliseum of jeers.

I just hope if we do take Geno, that he doesn't play a snap in 2013. He needs a full year of grooming.
    My guess is that there will be an open competition.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to ask; with no clear-cut franchise QB in the draft, a dearth of quality FA QBs available and numerous holes in positions like the OL, TE, LB and S (the last 2 seemingly forever), what is to be gained in wasting a pick on a QB and cutting Sanchez?
    +1

There's always the chance we find that diamond in the rough, but I don't want a QB just to get a QB (at least not this early). Stay with the BPA mantra and take whatever quality player you can find . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, I don't see the value in drafting a QB this year. Much rather start fixing the OL and add a few skill players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    +1

There's always the chance we find that diamond in the rough, but I don't want a QB just to get a QB (at least not this early). Stay with the BPA mantra and take whatever quality player you can find . . .
    Again, remember the organization that Idzik came from. Found their QB in the 3rd round.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and our second rounder to Jacksonville for the first pick in the scone round! We pick up half of Mark's salary and draft Geno! I'm not sure Geno will do well on this level but why not give it a shot!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    My guess is that there will be an open competition.
    I doubt it. Mark will be cut by the weekend's end if they draft Geno.

Nassib, Glennon, Dysert, etc ... sure. Geno? No, he's been billed as a legit Starting QB with a rnd 1 grade. Its over. Sanchez is cut. eat the bill. move on.

...ftr I don't like it. Rather build around the QB position this year, and then revisit our options next year. Geno will be rushed under center and never fully develop in green and white.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Agreed, I don't see the value in drafting a QB this year. Much rather start fixing the OL and add a few skill players.
    + 1

I don't see any potential franchise QB in this draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe has more to do with trading for Chris Ivory and signing him to a new deal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    + 1

I don't see any potential franchise QB in this draft.
    Who cares?

If Geno can be a respectable, Top 15 QB for 8-10 years in the Matt Hasselbeck mold...why would anyone complain?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it. Mark will be cut by the weekend's end if they draft Geno.

Nassib, Glennon, Dysert, etc ... sure. Geno? No, he's been billed as a legit Starting QB with a rnd 1 grade. Its over. Sanchez is cut. eat the bill. move on.

...ftr I don't like it. Rather build around the QB position this year, and then revisit our options next year. Geno will be rushed under center and never fully develop in green and white.
    I understand where you are coming from, but I would give Marty a shot at developing Geno

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you see training camp last year? It could not possibly get worse then that. Unless they keep Sanchez and Tebow again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do it Tanny

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 21s
    #Jets asked Ferguson to re-work contract because of Revis trade and cap acceleration. Counts $13M this year in "dead" money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't think of it like that. The Seahawks just gave big money to Flynn last year right before the draft and they took Wilson in the 3rd round. Just b/c the "experts" say a guy won't be good right away or isn't a franchise QB doesn't mean that you can't find one in that draft. Plenty of "experts" are wrong about QB's more then they are right.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I see. I thought waiting till June helps us out with both of them. Which ever way is the best/cheapest way. I don't want us to take a QB this year but if we do, I want Sanchez and Tebow gone.
    If you wait till June it will save you money on this years cap but it will push more money to next year. So you have to weigh out which would be better for the team. I personally would like to take all of the dead money hits this off-season so we can go into next off-season with as much money as possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You can't think of it like that. The Seahawks just gave big money to Flynn last year right before the draft and they took Wilson in the 3rd round. Just b/c the "experts" say a guy won't be good right away or isn't a franchise QB doesn't mean that you can't find one in that draft. Plenty of "experts" are wrong about QB's more then they are right.
    But did they do that because they saw potential in Wilson, or "just to get a QB"? There's a HUGE difference, and I just don't want to roll the dice with such a high pick unless we have a true conviction that the guy is gonna be special . . .

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    "Hey D'Brick, it's John Idzik....Hey, how about we restructure you so that you have a different QB to protect this year?"

D'Brick: "Where do I sign?"
    "Hey Mark, it's John Idzik.....we no longer require your services and we're sending you a check for 8 million."

Sanchez: "Cool. Do I have to sign something?"

GOD! I wish my boss would pay me 8 mill to walk away!