Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Per Tony Pauline: Cooper was their guy at 9

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If true, I'm glad cooper got picked. Better value to get a starting corner at 9 than a guard IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    On ESPN Sal Paolantonio reported the following:

1. Scouts told Paolantonio that Milliner is "not a shutdown corner," nor is he a "Pro Bowl level talent."

2. Milliner is not healthy now and might not be ready by the start of camp.

3. Stated that the draft was Idzik's call "all the way," and that Idzik is conservative and will not (and did not) deviate from his board.

4. The Jets target was 100% Austin and when he went, Milliner was the next guy on the board.
    I'm a pro-Revis anti-trade guy (not the point of the argument).. but Milliner was definitely the pick there as BPA..

Richard Sherman of the Seahawks, yes that moron who said he's better than Revis, was drafted in the 5th round by Idzik's old team. I'll trust Idzik on this one before I trust Sal's sources. Especially since Dee has yet to play a down in the NFL. I have faith we made the right picks based on the way the draft unfolded.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Cooper sounded like a better fit for the Jets Zone Blocking scheme which MM reportedly is going back to...
    This is what I've been hearing all along. That's why they didn't take Warmack.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    was there that big of a difference between Warmack and Cooper? I don't think so. Some liked Cooper, other half liked warmack better. Its same as the 1st two tackles taken, didn't seem much separation between them either. Im not knocking the pick, I like Dee pick better than Richardson. Not because I don't like Richardson, hes a beast but there is still some very good value in 2nd rd we could probably have taken like the Tank..
    If your going to be a zone blocking scheme obviously Cooper fits better than a Warmack. Has way more mobility than Warmack. Warmack wasn't a good fit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Scouts told Paolantonio that Milliner is "not a shutdown corner," nor is he a "Pro Bowl level talent.".
    Whatever. Schefter said on the Michael Kay Show that a GM told him that Milliner was the best "defensive player" in the entire draft. And Charlie Cassetly referred to him on WFAN as a "top 5" player in this draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Scouts told Paolantonio that Milliner is "not a shutdown corner," nor is he a "Pro Bowl level talent."

2. Milliner is not healthy now and might not be ready by the start of camp.

3. Stated that the draft was Idzik's call "all the way," and that Idzik is conservative and will not (and did not) deviate from his board.

4. The Jets target was 100% Austin and when he went, Milliner was the next guy on the board.
    LOL, so much hate in those comments, not even hidden. It's good to know that Sal is such a great scout that he can call out basically every single one out there

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I read Tavon would've been the pick at 9. The report last night was Dee and Sheldon were two of their top four. Other two were Tavon and Cooper.
    Board probably looked like this:

1. Tavon
    2. Cooper
    3. Dee
    4. Sheldon
    makes sense if projecting availability at #9 but I would have thought 1 or 2 of the OLB prospects would have been on that list

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Whatever. Schefter said on the Michael Kay Show that a GM told him that Milliner was the best "defensive player" in the entire draft. And Charlie Cassetly referred to him on WFAN as a "top 5" player in this draft.
    +1 this
    all we hear is how great this kid is but his biggest downside are the surgeries and injury concerns