Thread: Bigger bang for the buck?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Bigger bang for the buck?

Reality versus preferred:
    Reality = drafted DT Sheldon Richardson = Good Player but...

I feel that the Jets would have been better off trading down the #13 pick.
    I am very curious to know what they were actually offered that they didn't consider?

We could have drafted another good player later in round 1 and acquired an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Jets need more picks as they have alot
    of positional needs.

Now it appears they may trade up and in the process loose adddtional pick(s) to do that to acquire QB Geno Smith. Bad.

I think he would be a good choice, if they acquired him without trading up. I think with the trade down scenario, for argument sake, lets say that the Jets could have acquired the SF 49ers 1st round pick and the early 2nd round pick they got for the QB that went to KC. With those two picks they could have selected QB Geno Smith as well as another good player.

Not that it matters now but I think they would have been better off trading down.
    Thoughts?

I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Reality versus preferred:
    Reality = drafted DT Sheldon Richardson = Good Player but...

I feel that the Jets would have been better off trading down the #13 pick.
    I am very curious to know what they were actually offered that they didn't consider?

We could have drafted another good player later in round 1 and acquired an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Jets need more picks as they have alot
    of positional needs.

Now it appears they may trade up and in the process loose adddtional pick(s) to do that to acquire QB Geno Smith. Bad.

I think he would be a good choice, if they acquired him without trading up. I think with the trade down scenario, for argument sake, lets say that the Jets could have acquired the SF 49ers 1st round pick and the early 2nd round pick they got for the QB that went to KC. With those two picks they could have selected QB Geno Smith as well as another good player.

Not that it matters now but I think they would have been better off trading down.
    Thoughts?

I
    I think they tried to and found no takers.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think they tried to and found no takers.
    Trade down may have been a good option but actually, I cant complain. After a good nights sleep, I like the two 1st round picks. They will draft offensive players as well. There is a long way to go.

Meanwhile, the defensive framework is shaping up. Just need to address four more psns: a DE pass rusher, one more OLB, and two Safeties.

However, driving to work, on the radio, they reported that the Jets did get an offer but they didnt like it and chose to pick at #13. So I'm curious to know who offered to trade up and what did they offer?

Side note: I cant belive the Patsies got an extra 2,3,and 4 to trade down.
    Just unbelievable.

I think the Jets can stay put and still acquire a QB with their 2nd round pick, if they feel a QB is the best value at that spot. They can also offer one of their own draft picks from next year's draft to trade up, ALTHOUGH I WOULD NOT WANT THEM TO DO THAT.