Thread: So all of you want Mark Sanchez to be the QB, then?

So all of you want Mark Sanchez to be the QB, then?

Because judging by your reaction, you all want him to be the guy.

Can't hope that you tank and pick a QB. Injuries and bad seasons can get in the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Want him to be the guy in 2013 so we get top pick in 2014.

In the NFL, if you are going to suck, it pays to suck the most. Sanchez was our best chance for that.

we will have a better chance at the top pick in 2014 since we took someone who wont be playingnext year behind sanchez... aint that what most of you guys want?

same old jets fans I tell you

I am so happy he's done as our QB. Do people not realize this is a chance for us to make a break with all the stupidity of the Sanchez/Tebow nonsense from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Want him to be the guy in 2013 so we get top pick in 2014.

In the NFL, if you are going to suck, it pays to suck the most. Sanchez was our best chance for that.
    But that's not guaranteed. There's a reason why only 1 team in history has gone 0-16. It's hard to suck.

I think the knee jerk reaction as a Jets fan is just to whine.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But that's not guaranteed. There's a reason why only 1 team in history has gone 0-16. It's hard to suck.
    Nothing is guaranteed. But it would have put us in the best position and that is all you can ask for.

Sanchez is the worst starter in the NFL. I do not like Geno but even I don't think he will be worse than Sanchez, even as a rookie.

Best case scenario now is that Geno plays well, but we still manage to suck and draft Lee with the 4th overall pick in 2014. We need game changers.

Have them all compete in TC and the best QB plays...

Undrafted Free Agent
    It does not matter who is at QB. If you have a pathetic supporting cast you will not do well. Granted sanchez did not play well. You think geno is going to do better with what they have?

Quote Originally Posted by KOZ57 View Post
    It does not matter who is at QB. If you have a pathetic supporting cast you will not do well. Granted sanchez did not play well. You think geno is going to do better with what they have?
    Yes, for one he's far more accurate, two his arm is a lot stronger, three he's a much better athlete, four he is a student of the game...

He'll be better, I suspect a whole lot personally.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets have more important needs than to take a flyer on a QB. Address the needs with surer picks and roll the dice next year with the QB. They chased their tail on this one.

What's the over/under on games started by Geno before the Jets fans move on to he sucks draft Bridgewater/Johnny football in 2014.

Sure he's worth a shot but I would have rather tried that with a 3rd/4th/5th rd pick like Bray/Dysert/Scott.

I want Sanchez to compete with Geno and Gerrard for the #1 job in 2013.

If Sanchez loses the job, I want him to be the backup/#3 in 2013.

If he's the backup/#3 in 2013, I want to let him walk in Free Agency in 2014.

I want McElroy and Tebow cut....in camp, when it suits us best.

There is no real downside here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    I want Sanchez to compete with Geno and Gerrard for the #1 job in 2013.

If Sanchez loses the job, I want him to be the backup/#3 in 2013.

If he's the backup/#3 in 2013, I want to let him walk in Free Agency in 2014.

I want McElroy and Tebow cut....in camp, when it suits us best.

There is no real downside here.
    The downside is we could have picked a playmaker on offense . Someone like Woods , Hunter, Allen or one of the tight ends like Escobar or McDonald. Perhaps even an OL or LB . The Smith pick only makes sense if a) they truly feel he's a franchise Qb or b) they plan on starting him from the getgo.

Jets Insider VIP
    some SOJFs were whining that the Jets passed on Geno Smith at pick number 9 and 13

now those same folks are whining that the Jets picked Geno Smith at pick number 39

sometimes it appears that there are folks here dumber than Rich Eisen

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    The downside is we could have picked a playmaker on offense . Someone like Woods , Hunter, Allen or one of the tight ends like Escobar or McDonald. Perhaps even an OL or LB . The Smith pick only makes sense if a) they truly feel he's a franchise Qb or b) they plan on starting him from the getgo.
    THIS GUY GETS IT!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KOZ57 View Post
    Yes. He is a dual threat and is a great deep thrower. He is also much more accurate. Even a scrub can catch a ball if its thrown near him! Sucky throws the ball all over the place and receivers have to lay out for his passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Yes. He is a dual threat and is a great deep thrower. He is also much more accurate. Even a scrub can catch a ball if its thrown near him! Sucky throws the ball all over the place and receivers have to lay out for his passes.
    We can only pray that Morhninweg is allowed to run his O and utilize whatever QB starts. One things for certain the NYJ offense while Rex is HC will never resemble the WVU offense. And because the D will be good enough the QB won't be seeing 20 possessions per game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    What's the over/under on games started by Geno before the Jets fans move on to he sucks draft Bridgewater/Johnny football in 2014.

Sure he's worth a shot but I would have rather tried that with a 3rd/4th/5th rd pick like Bray/Dysert/Scott.
    This.