Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: Sanchez's dead money when he's cut...

  1. #1
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37042

    Sanchez's dead money when he's cut...

    According to Jason at www.nyjetscap.com...

    Over $17MM.

    He makes $8MM+ from the Jets even if he's sitting on his couch this fall.

    If they cut him after June 1 they save $4.8MM this year but then it counts against next year's cap.

    Staggering numbers.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting. Which is why the Geno pick is so puzzling. We already knew that Sanchez will need to be on the team thru next season. Address other needs and go QB next year.

    Geno will fail too because of the dearth of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    That just demonstrates the utter STUPIDITY of Tranny and Woody in their decision to give Mark that undeserved Contract extension.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    According to Jason at www.nyjetscap.com...

    Over $17MM.

    He makes $8MM+ from the Jets even if he's sitting on his couch this fall.

    If they cut him after June 1 they save $4.8MM this year but then it counts against next year's cap.

    Staggering numbers.
    They're not going to cut him.

    /endthread

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets cleared $5.1 million in cap space with the D'Brick restructure. Take the hit this year and cut Sanchez immediately. It's a lost year anyway so just get it over with. It's not like we are going to go sign a bunch of free agents this year anyway.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh.....here we go :

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources


    It could happen.




    P.S. Oh and I do not like the sound of this :


    There also has been a slight change in the thought process surrounding Tim Tebow, who showed up to his team's training facility 15 pounds lighter. Tebow has won some support within the organization, sources familiar with the situation said.

    Tebow appears lighter, faster and has worked to improve his throwing motion, which the Jets have noticed. The longer he is in the building, the more he wins support, one source said.
    Oh come on.....
    Last edited by Vin; 04-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    12MM for Revis and 17MM for Sanchez, + Scott, Pace, etc...

    Jets could have 40MM is dead cap space

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    12MM for Revis and 17MM for Sanchez, + Scott, Pace, etc...

    Jets could have 40MM is dead cap space
    And then $50 million in cap space going into 2014. I'll take it.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    The Jets cleared $5.1 million in cap space with the D'Brick restructure. Take the hit this year and cut Sanchez immediately. It's a lost year anyway so just get it over with. It's not like we are going to go sign a bunch of free agents this year anyway.
    Would you run your personal finances in that manner? It will be absolutely stupid to make such a move as you suggested.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    12MM for Revis and 17MM for Sanchez, + Scott, Pace, etc...

    Jets could have 40MM is dead cap space
    It oddly wouldnt be the 1st time.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    12MM for Revis and 17MM for Sanchez, + Scott, Pace, etc...

    Jets could have 40MM is dead cap space



























  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Would you run your personal finances in that manner? It will be absolutely stupid to make such a move as you suggested.
    No, it's stupid to keep Sanchez around while we groom a new QB. What good could that possibly do?

    And taking the cap hit this year is absolutely the right call. What good does it do to push it into 2014? It accomplishes nothing.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as the Tiajuana Turnover machine doesn' t get on the field in 2013, who cares whether he is occupying the 53rd spot on the roster for a year or not.

    Garrard, starter

    McElroy, backup

    Smith, learning

    Sanchez, buried on the inactive list and then GONE GONE GOODBYE

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    And then $50 million in cap space going into 2014. I'll take it.
    and a high draft pick

    there were plenty who said they could not start Sanchez again, maybe the boos at MSG sealed the deal

  15. #15
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,926
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will only cost us a little more than 4 million extra to cut him this year

    Even if he's on the roster the 12 million cap charge is essentially dead money anyway. He's not seeing the field.

    Why even have him on the roster creating controversy and distraction.

    Just take the hit and cut him now.

  16. #16
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37042
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    They're not going to cut him.

    /endthread
    Yes they are. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow. He's been officially discarded. Simms is now ahead of him on the depth chart.

  17. #17
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37042
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    It will only cost us a little more than 4 million extra to cut him this year

    Even if he's on the roster the 12 million cap charge is essentially dead money anyway. He's not seeing the field.

    Why even have him on the roster creating controversy and distraction.

    Just take the hit and cut him now.
    This.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Yes they are. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow. He's been officially discarded. Simms is now ahead of him on the depth chart.
    Sorry my old friend, but I'll belive it only when I see it. I don't see it.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they cut him now and clear the cap space for next year.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    According to Jason at www.nyjetscap.com...

    Over $17MM.

    He makes $8MM+ from the Jets even if he's sitting on his couch this fall.

    If they cut him after June 1 they save $4.8MM this year but then it counts against next year's cap.

    Staggering numbers.
    Renegotiate and buy him out somehow. We ruined him. A divorce is good for both parties.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us