Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez's dead money when he's cut...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013is a dead year. What does it matter...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absorb all the cap hits this year. Next year we can purchase a piece or two to help the offense.

Sooner or later we will have to invest first rounders on offense. There is no way around it. We will continue to suck on offense until we do.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Sorry my old friend, but I'll belive it only when I see it. I don't see it.
    Makes no sense to keep him. He's been castrated and discarded.

Geno style....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Yes they are. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened tomorrow. He's been officially discarded. Simms is now ahead of him on the depth chart.
    make it happen, Idzy

a double header with him and Teblow leaving Florham Park for the airport hand in hand

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That just demonstrates the utter STUPIDITY of Tranny and Woody in their decision to give Mark that undeserved Contract extension.

Geno style....
    But there's no good reason to take the $4.8 million cap hit next year other than to say "we cut him", which in essence is just bad business. It would almost be like a reverse Tebow. Supposedly this franchise is past doing things like that...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

P.S. Oh and I do not like the sound of this:

There also has been a slight change in the thought process surrounding Tim Tebow, who showed up to his team's training facility 15 pounds lighter. Tebow has won some support within the organization, sources familiar with the situation said.

Tebow appears lighter, faster and has worked to improve his throwing motion, which the Jets have noticed. The longer he is in the building, the more he wins support, one source said.
    Oh come on.....
    That's the same 15 lbs Tim put on for salami-brain Sparano who figured if TT had the same amount of meat on his thighs as Ricky or Ronnie, his skills would be identical.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    But there's no good reason to take the $4.8 million cap hit next year other than to say "we cut him", which in essence is just bad business. It would almost be like a reverse Tebow. Supposedly this franchise is past doing things like that...
    Gotta take the hit this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta take the hit this year.
    agree

get him out of here TOMORROW

take the hits this year and be free to operate without a straitjacket in 2014

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Thanks for posting. Which is why the Geno pick is so puzzling. We already knew that Sanchez will need to be on the team thru next season. Address other needs and go QB next year.

Geno will fail too because of the dearth of talent on the offensive side of the ball.
    Not really.

1) Sanchize will be the starter in game 1
    2) Teblow will be gone
    3) McElnoodle will be gone
    4) Garrard may stick around
    5) Smith will work his way into the starting role later in the season. This protects him from the failure that will happen when an offense needs 1WR, 1RB, TE, 2OL and has to find them in later round. Next year, you load up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cut him now. Take the hit now and go into next year with the money to build up this offense. We need WR help despritly

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Not really.

2) Teblow will be gone
    5) Smith will work his way into the starting role later in the season. This protects him from the failure that will happen when an offense needs 1WR, 1RB, TE, 2OL and has to find them in later round. Next year, you load up.
    Couldn't be more wrong. The Geno pick shows the team has cut bait on Sanchez. He will never take another snap for this team in practice or game. Even the Jets wouldn't be this inept to keep him around.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Furthermore...this pick also gives Tebow life on the roster. They may keep him now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Geno style....
    Perhaps.

But it also makes no sense to cut him either.

He can be a sacrificial lamb starting in 2013.

Or an expensive backup in 2013.

But little is gained outright dumping him.

At worst, he can be competition fodder for Gerrard and Geno in camp.

I just don't see a cut, but I won't cry if he is tbqh.

By the way, check your PM's once in a while Sean

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as long as the Tiajuana Turnover machine doesn' t get on the field in 2013, who cares whether he is occupying the 53rd spot on the roster for a year or not.

Garrard, starter

McElroy, backup

Smith, learning

Sanchez, buried on the inactive list and then GONE GONE GOODBYE

I like the way you think buddy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    The Jets cleared $5.1 million in cap space with the D'Brick restructure. Take the hit this year and cut Sanchez immediately. It's a lost year anyway so just get it over with. It's not like we are going to go sign a bunch of free agents this year anyway.
    I agree that the Jets are most likely not doing good this year BUT I think that, if anything, has the total opposite effect on what we need to do with Sanchez.

- Incredibly expensive to cut him this year. I could be wrong but I believe it is much more cap friendly move next year (can anyone confirm?)

- I don't know much about Smith, but I'm going to think there is a reason he dropped and he is most likely not ready to start year one.
    ** Why cut Sanchez THIS YEAR and (assuming) hand Smith the ball and rush him into the starting spot?

- How many QB's have been seriously F'ed up because they were thrown to the wolves before they were ready on a bad offense?

I would like to see the QB's (Mark included) compete in camp - if Smith Wow's everyone and is clearly the best choice, ready to start then by all means cut Sanchez and move on.
    But I tend to think more than likely Sanchez will look decent in camp as he usually does and probably beat out the others in camp...
    MY POINT IS, IF WE'RE UNDER THE BELIEF THIS IS PROBABLY A BUILDING YEAR TO 2014, LET MARK TAKE THE BEATING (physically and mentally) AND GIVE SMITH A YEAR TO DEVELOP AND/OR TAKE OVER LATER IN THE SEASON

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Not really.

2) Teblow will be gone
    YES!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    I agree that the Jets are most likely not doing good this year BUT I think that, if anything, has the total opposite effect on what we need to do with Sanchez.

- Incredibly expensive to cut him this year. I could be wrong but I believe it is much more cap friendly move next year (can anyone confirm?)

- I don't know much about Smith, but I'm going to think there is a reason he dropped and he is most likely not ready to start year one.
    ** Why cut Sanchez THIS YEAR and (assuming) hand Smith the ball and rush him into the starting spot?

- How many QB's have been seriously F'ed up because they were thrown to the wolves before they were ready on a bad offense?

I would like to see the QB's (Mark included) compete in camp - if Smith Wow's everyone and is clearly the best choice, ready to start then by all means cut Sanchez and move on.
    But I tend to think more than likely Sanchez will look decent in camp as he usually does and probably beat out the others in camp...
    MY POINT IS, IF WE'RE UNDER THE BELIEF THIS IS PROBABLY A BUILDING YEAR TO 2014, LET MARK TAKE THE BEATING (physically and mentally) AND GIVE SMITH A YEAR TO DEVELOP AND/OR TAKE OVER LATER IN THE SEASON
    This is rational thinking , but won't be popular with the Sanchez lynch mob.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post

Let Garrard or Tebow take the beating while rotating Geno in to get experience More importantly, get that huge distraction and monstrous cap hit named Sanchez off the books.

This is the smart move. No way Sanchez stays. No way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    chemistry and to remove the circus are good enough reasons to take the hit

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Would you run your personal finances in that manner? It will be absolutely stupid to make such a move as you suggested.
    Yes I would, I do not care the money, tblow ans Mark never see the fld this year, so with that the money is spent and waisted, may as well remove the only thing left and that is the distraction that tblow and Sanchez bring. Removing them is more important than the loss. Liquidating assets and writing off long overdue dead costs is how you run your business.