Thread: we wasted a 2nd on ducasse, stop complaining about a 2nd round pick

we wasted a 2nd on ducasse, stop complaining about a 2nd round pick

the upside could be enormous.

Exactly. I rather take a flier on a high upside QB than a high upside T/G/WR/RB/S

Until we land ourselves a franchise QB, we should be looking to draft one every year.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Exactly. I rather take a flier on a high upside QB than a high upside T/G/WR/RB/S

Until we land ourselves a franchise QB, we should be looking to draft one every year.
    exactly. and if we suck next year and have a Top 5 pick you draft a franchise QB and get back 2nd or 3rd if you trade Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    why did you remind us about Ducasse? Damn you!

Problem is, quarterbacks, no matter how bad, are always given 3-4 years.

This is a little different than picking Ducasse and hiding him on the bench once you realize he sucks.

When the Jets realize Geno sucks he will still be given 2 years at least.

We're talking opportunity cost is the real crime in picking Geno, because it means we're passing on QB's in the draft for the next 3 years.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    We're talking opportunity cost is the real crime in picking Geno, because it means we're passing on QB's in the draft for the next 3 years.
    Carolina drafted Jimmy Clausen in round two then Cam Newton a year later. The opportunity cost of drafting a second round QB under today's NFL rules is not high.

If Geno is crap this year, no reason the Jets can't take Manziel or Bridgewater in round one next draft.

Funny, that is a good way to look at it. I think it is worth the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Carolina drafted Jimmy Clausen in round two then Cam Newton a year later. The opportunity cost of drafting a second round QB under today's NFL rules is not high.

If Geno is crap this year, no reason the Jets can't take Manziel or Bridgewater in round one next draft.
    Yes, they can draft one every year , but at what cost. Contrary to popular consensus here , the Jets are not going 2-14 or 3-13 this year. How many valuable 2014 picks would they need to trade up to the top 3 in the 2014 draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    Ducasse needs to be developed. it's poor development not a poor pick.

Just ask some of the homers.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Problem is, quarterbacks, no matter how bad, are always given 3-4 years.

This is a little different than picking Ducasse and hiding him on the bench once you realize he sucks.

When the Jets realize Geno sucks he will still be given 2 years at least.

So if we go 2-14 and Smith looks bad and we have a chance to draft a franchise QB next year at 1 or 2 , you think we will pass on him because we took a QB in the 2nd round?

Honestly, I think some posters just post without thinking.

We had the worst QB in the NFL over the last four years.

We just landed the best QB prospect (on most boards) for the low cost of a 2nd Round Pick.

Worse things could have happened.

I ahve my doubts about Geno, strong doubts tbqh, but I can't help but support the selection. Best QB in draft for a 2nd. Didn't miss out on our two top gusy to get him. Seems like smart GM'ing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post

Great example.