Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geno pick gives Rex multiple more years here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets defense was worse than the Jets quarterback last year.

blah, blah, blah....

Avoid standing under the Mind Eraser every April. Will do you some good.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NY Jets QB play was so bad last season that Rex could not even clock manage some drives near halftime. He will get an extension and he should

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting a few kids changes nothing, especially with Rex Ryan here to develop them.

We're still a 3-13 team. Rex is still a goner. Idzik built a board around BPA which isn't too juvenile a GM strategy for the expansion team he created. But he should have waited until next year for the QB when the two studs come out.

I don't mind drafting QB's non-stop until you find one, but from what I read Geno Smith isn't going to make it. We know what happens when you reach for the wrong QB (Pennington) try to find gold in later round (Clemens) or let Rex Ryan touch them (Sanchez). Geno has the triple whammy.

SAR I
    3-13 another stupid prediction 😀 keep firing away its amusing.. I guarantee jets win more than 3 games. D alone will win 5. And without sanchoke I think we can win 8. Your worst nightmare, Rex probably stays and your man crush Sanchez is definitely history..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Rex was one godawful QB away from being competitive last year. If Marty can squeeze a drop of competence out of Geno (or Garrard, for that matter), we'll be competitive this year.

Get ready to have a whole bunch to ***** about. :
    But but but.... It was Rex Ryan who ruined mark Sanchez don't you understand that??? Hahaha Sar is going to have a meltdown when Rex stays past next yr, jets do well without his boy Sanchez..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    good

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafting a few kids changes nothing, especially with Rex Ryan here to develop them.

We're still a 3-13 team. Rex is still a goner. Idzik built a board around BPA which isn't too juvenile a GM strategy for the expansion team he created. But he should have waited until next year for the QB when the two studs come out.

I don't mind drafting QB's non-stop until you find one, but from what I read Geno Smith isn't going to make it. We know what happens when you reach for the wrong QB (Pennington) try to find gold in later round (Clemens) or let Rex Ryan touch them (Sanchez). Geno has the triple whammy.

SAR I
    Not for nothing but your opinion on qbs doesn't mean **** with your history. Give it up already SARdouche

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is going to go 3-13 and get fired.

SAR I
    You willing to make a wager on this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many different view points in this thread and some truth I think to some of them.

I agree with Sooth that Rex probably gets some extended time now.

I also agree with Sar in that the Jets are still a bad football team. Not sure what the record will be, but their not winning much this year.

Mixed feelings with Geno. Not sure he's the answer, but for the value why not take a shot and let all 3 guys compete. The Jets have nothing to lose. As it stood going into last night there was still no franchise qb on the roster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    No, it wasn't. I want Rex gone too, but you have to stop the absurd rhetoric about Sanchez. There was nothing worse on the Jets than Mark Godawful Sanchez. No field vision, weak, horribly inaccurate arm, terrible footwork, pocket presence and ball handling. All that nonsense about his work ethic was a load of B.S. too. Didn't put the effort in to improve. Worst starting QB in the NFL. Classic goldbricker. Hopefully to be cut on June 2d. Good riddance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Nothing has changed.
    Agreed.

The only reasonable thing to expect from Woody and the Jet organization is poor decision making. It's been our only constant.

An exciting, unpredictable draft doesn't bode well for the brain trust that entrust an offense to Tony Sparano.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Agreed.

The only reasonable thing to expect from Woody and the Jet organization is poor decision making. It's been our only constant.

An exciting, unpredictable draft doesn't bode well for the brain trust that entrust an offense to Tony Sparano.
    I really believe that Sparano was Rex's handpicked choice for OC last year. Rex boldly claimed that Sparano "was just like him". Barf.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is going to go 3-13 and get fired.

SAR I
    Sig bet.

I say they win 4 or more, you say they win 3 or less.

You are right, I'll put in my signature and status "SAR knows more about football than I ever will"

You lose, you put "I know less about football than I know about buying a car"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    You willing to make a wager on this?
    I'll take this bet too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If only the Jets had listened to Sarry's sage advice and drafted future HOF franchise QB Matt Leinart
    For someone who says he doesn't watch college football he talks a lot about players.

Love to see all those reports that G Smith won't or can't make it. Easy to whine about QB's after they wash out. Too bad he doesn't realize that most do. Funnier that he's all over the board with why they do. Penny was a reach, Clemens in the 2nd was to far down, Sanchez was the coachs fault, Smith doesn't have the abitity. Too funny.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is the personification of his skill set as a HC, and what he espouses personally: A joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    And only a idiot a fool and a clown would resort to name calling and belittling someone because they don't agree with a post!Now really who is that stupid?
    You're right, I shouldn't use the exact words you used to describe our HC to describe that line of thinking.

So continue to call me those things too. I'm not a baby who gets riled up by those little things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets were a 6-10 team before Geno was drafted and they are still a 6-10 team.
    Did anybody look at how Smith played? Looked good against garbage teams. Lousy against most of the better teams. He won't be playing Marshall and James Madison every week. In fact he may not even start. It's still Mark's team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The Jets were a 6-10 team before Geno was drafted and they are still a 6-10 team.
    Did anybody look at how Smith played? Looked good against garbage teams. Lousy against most of the better teams. He won't be playing Marshall and James Madison every week. In fact he may not even start. It's still Mark's team.
    I like Mark as a person, but he will be released by tomorrow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're right, I shouldn't use the exact words you used to describe our HC to describe that line of thinking.

So continue to call me those things too. I'm not a baby who gets riled up by those little things.
    Really are u serious?Could have fooled me!U seemed pretty riled up when u posted with that name calling bull $hit!I guess some people need to do that to try and get their point across!I actually find it funny though!