Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107

Thread: why did gino smith fall into the 2nd

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    He's black and EJ Manuel isn't. Simple as that.
    That's stupid. Bills liked Manuel, for whatever reason.

    Truth is no QB was probably worth a first round pick.

    He fell because he didn't play well against K. St, and he has small hands (lots of fumbles). THhere were rumors that he was lazy/entitled... but who knows.

  2. #22
    I would have felt better if Idzak hadn't been taken to school by the Rams moving up in front of the Jets and stealing WR Tavon Austin the most dynamic WR in the draft who was Geno Smith's teammate and go to reciever at West Virgina.

    Geno's poorest performances came against three of the better ranked defenses in the NCAA Kansas State, TCU and Oklahoma who intercepted him five times.

    None of the Jets QB's will have the skill players around him. Why no WR's or TE's, Jets lack skill players and are unlikely to find them in the late rounds.

    All of the Jets QB's are facing the prospect of being the Christians thrown to the lions.


    I'm beginning to agree with Kiper who called the Jets dreadful and a glorified expansion team with no dynamic skill players and too many average players with salary cap killing high contracts.
    Last edited by rajensen088; 04-26-2013 at 11:01 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Who cares, we got him 39th overall & every serious mocker out there had him going somewhere in the 1st round.
    Jets need to take a QB every year until we find one.
    Had they been thinking like this they would have realized that Sanchez is terrible & might have gotten Wilson last year.
    Maybe Geno will be great under Marty.
    We actually have a real NFL OC to teach him.
    Mayock said yesterday during the first round that he stood beside Marty M our OC at Geno's proday and while Geno was throwing all Marty kept saying was wow! Mayock said that so take it for what it's worth.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    That's stupid. Bills liked Manuel, for whatever reason.

    Truth is no QB was probably worth a first round pick.

    He fell because he didn't play well against K. St, and he has small hands (lots of fumbles). THhere were rumors that he was lazy/entitled... but who knows.
    He definitely didn't play well to the press. Hopefully a couple of thumpings from (I can't think of a guy the Jets have who can thump him) someone will knock him into reality. After Revis picked off about 20 of his passes in the preseason, he might be a little less lazy/entitled. Unfortunately we lost our hardest worker and leader to Tampa. Geno certainly doesn't seem like a leader from the little I have seen of him and how he handles himself.

    Having said that. IMO a year behind Tebow would be the best thing for him. I don't want to hear crap about Tebow either - no one here knows what he can do and I think he is the best QB or our roster. So that is my opinion and there is nothing anyone can say or show statistically that makes that untrue.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Mayock said yesterday during the first round that he stood beside Marty M our OC at Geno's proday and while Geno was throwing all Marty kept saying was wow! Mayock said that so take it for what it's worth.
    Geno seems a little jumpy in the pocket but seems to have the tools, but my question is does he have the head and the heart?

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You are right! How are you? I met you at Giants stadium a few years ago. Matt from the Green House introduced us! I love the pick of Geno. he is a dual threat and a fiery leader. He plays QB with aggression not timidity! That got him a bad label but who cares? Its what we need at the moment!
    Doing pretty good Kentucky.

    Great value for where we got Geno Smith, BPA at that selection in the 2nd round, very low risk with the potential of very high reward.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Geno seems a little jumpy in the pocket but seems to have the tools, but my question is does he have the head and the heart?
    I took it as a good sign that he actually stuck around for day two of the draft despite reports that he was going to fly home- and he came out on stage when he was picked.

    Showed some pride and humility.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Really?

    You might want to do some research:

    Geno Smith has 98 TD's to only 21 INT's in his career.

    He completed 71.2% of his passes last year with 42 TD's and only 6 INT's.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...025/geno-smith
    he does have some accuracy issues. he routinely misses "easy/make-able" throws
    his accuracy is skewed by the fact that he threw a ton of screen passes

    everything is also out of the shotgun. will have to see how he does under center
    college stats doesnt always carry over. i can think of some recent QBs with great college stats but are scrubs in the pros

    you know what they say about stats, there are lies, damned lies and then there is statistics

    i hated the pick because i wish izdik addressed the offensive line and offensive skill positions but hearing that we signed Peterman and Ivory, makes this whole draft much easier to swallow

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    he does have some accuracy issues. he routinely misses "easy/make-able" throws
    his accuracy is skewed by the fact that he threw a ton of screen passes

    everything is also out of the shotgun. will have to see how he does under center
    college stats doesnt always carry over. i can think of some recent QBs with great college stats but are scrubs in the pros

    you know what they say about stats, there are lies, damned lies and then there is statistics

    i hated the pick because i wish izdik addressed the offensive line and offensive skill positions but hearing that we signed Peterman and Ivory, makes this whole draft much easier to swallow
    I don't totally agree with your argument.

    Geno was the best player available and the best QB available when we picked him in the 2nd round. With the Jets QB situation what it is, there is no way you don't make that pick when he falls in your lap in the 2nd round.

    At the very least, he adds some legit competition to the weakest and most important offensive position on the Jets roster.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,451
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I don't totally agree with your argument.

    Geno was the best player available and the best QB available when we picked him in the 2nd round. With the Jets QB situation what it is, there is no way you don't make that pick when he falls in your lap in the 2nd round.

    At the very least, he adds some legit competition to one of the weakest and most important offensive position on the Jets roster.
    Sanchez is going to get cut

    You;ll see Gerrard starting, and Geno backing up

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I took it as a good sign that he actually stuck around for day two of the draft despite reports that he was going to fly home- and he came out on stage when he was picked.

    Showed some pride and humility.
    Good call ... it shows character to make a uturn on a decision like that.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I don't totally agree with your argument.

    Geno was the best player available and the best QB available when we picked him in the 2nd round. With the Jets QB situation what it is, there is no way you don't make that pick when he falls in your lap in the 2nd round.

    At the very least, he adds some legit competition to probably the one of the weakest positions on the Jets roster.
    i agreed that he is the "best" QB this class but its the also being the fastest kid at fat camp. i dont think Geno is going to be a bust but i am unsure about being a franchise QB

    i definitely agree with you he will add legit competition (which we direly need)

    my biggest issue with the draft at the time was that we took 2x defensive players while ignoring our offense. we did not even have a full oline to put on the field. i have all but submitted to the idea, we are going to be balls next year so i was hoping we build through the draft and get "legit" franchise QB next year
    but in my limited POV, i completely neglected any FA transactions which has helped our offense.

    so long end of it, hoping we have enough of offensive support for any QB on the team and it seems like we are still addressing the offense

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Why? Uh.. maybe because he's a selfish cancer and nobody wants him on thier team?



    Face it, the Jets just selected a much less talented Terrell Owens and threw him into your lockerrom. HAPPY DRAFT DAY.
    lol wtf?

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Good call ... it shows character to make a uturn on a decision like that.
    Especially when Geno said in his interview that he had no prior knowledge from the Jets that they were going to pick him.

    Pretty cool that Chrebet announced the pick, kind of fitting in a way.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i agreed that he is the "best" QB this class but its the also being the fastest kid at fat camp. i dont think Geno is going to be a bust but i am unsure about being a franchise QB

    i definitely agree with you he will add legit competition (which we direly need)

    my biggest issue with the draft at the time was that we took 2x defensive players while ignoring our offense. we did not even have a full oline to put on the field. i have all but submitted to the idea, we are going to be balls next year so i was hoping we build through the draft and get "legit" franchise QB next year
    but in my limited POV, i completely neglected any FA transactions which has helped our offense.

    so long end of it, hoping we have enough of offensive support for any QB on the team and it seems like we are still addressing the offense
    Yeah I was a little upset with the 1st round as well, at the time, for the reasons you stated, but, after seeing how Idzik has pulled it all together signing Peterman, drafting Geno Smith, Winters and trading for Ivory, the 1st round looks a WHOLE LOT better right now.

    Tannenbaum made the mistake of neglecting the O-line for 2 straight off-seasons, I was worried about Idzik doing the same thing until I saw what he pulled off today. Clearly Idzik won't repeat Tannenbaum's mistakes.

    I wouldn't mind taking one more O-lineman with one of our last 3 picks.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Sanchez is going to get cut

    You;ll see Gerrard starting, and Geno backing up
    It really doesn't matter to me, I am O.K. with it however it unfolds.

    I actually wouldn't mind if they showed Sanchez the door quite honestly Jon.

    If Garrard wins the starting job, that's cool, gives Geno a year to sit and learn.

  17. #37
    I'm glad he dropped to us. I wish Sanchez would have worked out for us, but we screwed him up especially year 3 and 4. Not enough experience out of college, but Geno played 3 years and has a ton of upside and can run different kinds of offense not just red, yellow and green light ones.

  18. #38
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    161
    Because it was our destiny to land him!!!!

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I am very curious why gino smith fell out of the first round.I remember seeing him wrack up mucho touchdowns ln 2012.he seemed unstopable.lets hear some opinions on this subject.
    Because he's not a very good NFL quarterback. Tebow 2.0.

  20. #40
    Did you see the graceless way this kid came out and accepted his Jets hat after being selected? Walking out all jiveass and gangsta? I'm telling you right now this "Geno Jiveass" fool is going to be the biggest cancer the NFL has seen since Terrell Owens, and Idzik just threw him into your lockerroom...


    I hate the kid already and haven't seen him take one snap yet. Get him the fu_k out of here!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us