Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why did gino smith fall into the 2nd

why did gino smith fall into the 2nd

I am very curious why gino smith fell out of the first round.I remember seeing him wrack up mucho touchdowns ln 2012.he seemed unstopable.lets hear some opinions on this subject.

He's black and EJ Manuel isn't. Simple as that.

First off, it's G-E-N-O.

Second, maybe 'cause many teams aren't that enamored with him that they would waste a 1st rounder on him.

I'm still skeptical about the Jets using a 2nd-rounder on him but whatever. What's done is done and at the very least, it gets rid of buttchez.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Because he has accuracy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    I hope this isn't a serious post considering the past couple years of history regarding the selection of black QBs.

Why? Uh.. maybe because he's a selfish cancer and nobody wants him on thier team?

Face it, the Jets just selected a much less talented Terrell Owens and threw him into your lockerrom. HAPPY DRAFT DAY.

Attitude IMO. He doesn't seem to be good with the press. Most of the teams looking at QB. Philly, Jets, Oakland, Chicago, Jax and Cleveland needs a guy the fans can get behind. He just isnt a likeable guy it seems. Very much like McNabb. Tons of talent but kinda a Butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I hope this isn't a serious post considering the past couple years of history regarding the selection of black QBs.
    Who cares, we got him 39th overall & every serious mocker out there had him going somewhere in the 1st round.
    Jets need to take a QB every year until we find one.
    Had they been thinking like this they would have realized that Sanchez is terrible & might have gotten Wilson last year.
    Maybe Geno will be great under Marty.
    We actually have a real NFL OC to teach him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    And you're illiterate cause you can't color.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    yeah,...and the fact ej manuel is black

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Why? Uh.. maybe because he's a selfish cancer and nobody wants him on thier team?

Face it, the Jets just selected a much less talented Terrell Owens and threw him into your lockerrom. HAPPY DRAFT DAY.
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Stop posting

cause he kinda blows, half the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I am very curious why gino smith fell out of the first round.I remember seeing him wrack up mucho touchdowns ln 2012.he seemed unstopable.lets hear some opinions on this subject.
    Why did Glennon fall to the third?

Why are Nassib (who was really getting hyped up right before the draft) and Barkley still on the board ?

Fair or unfair, I think a lot of it has to do with the general knock on this draft of having a somewhat weak QB class.

Geno Smith fell into our lap in the 2nd round, BPA at the selection, we didn't trade up to get him, I am totally cool with it.

This is a 2nd round pick, this isn't a guy that is going to get a 50 million dollar contract, unless he earns it AFTER his rookie deal is up, I think some people here are losing sight of that.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

OMG whatever you're ingesting, stop!

Now that he's on the team, time to learn how to spell his name right

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    BS. On occasion he does like all QBs but if you'd look up his stats you would learn the truth. Its silly to spread rumors and that is exactly what you did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Who cares, we got him 39th overall & every serious mocker out there had him going somewhere in the 1st round.
    Jets need to take a QB every year until we find one.
    Had they been thinking like this they would have realized that Sanchez is terrible & might have gotten Wilson last year.
    Maybe Geno will be great under Marty.
    We actually have a real NFL OC to teach him.
    well said and you are the voice of reason! I agree with you 100 per cent!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Attitude IMO. He doesn't seem to be good with the press. Most of the teams looking at QB. Philly, Jets, Oakland, Chicago, Jax and Cleveland needs a guy the fans can get behind. He just isnt a likeable guy it seems. Very much like McNabb. Tons of talent but kinda a Butt.
    You should look at the You Tube video of Geno and Gruden. Its eye opening!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Why did Glennon fall to the third?

Why are Nassib (who was really getting hyped up right before the draft) and Barkley still on the board ?

Fair or unfair, I think a lot of it has to do with the general knock on this draft of having a somewhat weak QB class.

Geno Smith fell into our lap in the 2nd round, BPA at the selection, I am totally cool with it.

This is a 2nd round pick, this isn't a guy that going to get a 50 million dollar contract unless he earns it AFTER his rookie deal is up, I think some people here are losing sight of that.
    You are right! How are you? I met you at Giants stadium a few years ago. Matt from the Green House introduced us! I love the pick of Geno. he is a dual threat and a fiery leader. He plays QB with aggression not timidity! That got him a bad label but who cares? Its what we need at the moment!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Really?

You might want to do some research:

Geno Smith has 98 TD's to only 21 INT's in his career.

He completed 71.2% of his passes last year with 42 TD's and only 6 INT's.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...025/geno-smith
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.