Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why did gino smith fall into the 2nd

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Did you see the graceless way this kid came out and accepted his Jets hat after being selected? Walking out all jiveass and gangsta? I'm telling you right now this "Geno Jiveass" fool is going to be the biggest cancer the NFL has seen since Terrell Owens, and Idzik just threw him into your lockerroom...

I hate the kid already and haven't seen him take one snap yet. Get him the fu_k out of here!
    I watched it and I didn't see the same thing that you think you did. I saw a kid that was very humble and happy to be selected.

He was also the only kid selected in the 2nd round that was actually there to come out on stage.

Are you prejudice?

That's a serious question FYI.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-27-2013 at 08:25 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    He's black and EJ Manuel isn't. Simple as that.
    Dude. Get your eyes checked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see the graceless way this kid came out and accepted his Jets hat after being selected? Walking out all jiveass and gangsta? I'm telling you right now this "Geno Jiveass" fool is going to be the biggest cancer the NFL has seen since Terrell Owens, and Idzik just threw him into your lockerroom...

I hate the kid already and haven't seen him take one snap yet. Get him the fu_k out of here!
    If anything, I thought Milliner looked a little disgruntled when we picked him. Geno was fine under the tough circumstances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Why did Glennon fall to the third?

Why are Nassib (who was really getting hyped up right before the draft) and Barkley still on the board ?

Fair or unfair, I think a lot of it has to do with the general knock on this draft of having a somewhat weak QB class.

Geno Smith fell into our lap in the 2nd round, BPA at the selection, we didn't trade up to get him, I am totally cool with it.

This is a 2nd round pick, this isn't a guy that is going to get a 50 million dollar contract, unless he earns it AFTER his rookie deal is up, I think some people here are losing sight of that.

THANK YOU!!!!

Simple but incredibly sound post!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

jiveass and gangsta, huh?

um, ok.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    BS. On occasion he does like all QBs but if you'd look up his stats you would learn the truth. Its silly to spread rumors and that is exactly what you did.
    True enough. In fact it's the opposite of what he claimed. Geno actually has above average accuracy much better than Sanchez for what it's worth based on his college career. But the fact that Jets have Morny bodes well for both as he formulates gameplans that actually work as opposed to the last dunces we had in here

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have two doctorates an after seeing some of the posts here regarding Geno's intellect I went back and viewed the Gruden camp video with him.This is no dummy-the kid is sharp. Whether he ca work out of a pro set or can thread a needle remains tobe seen but his menal accuity should not be questionned.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that white V-neck sweater, straight out of the 'hood.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I took it as a good sign that he actually stuck around for day two of the draft despite reports that he was going to fly home- and he came out on stage when he was picked.

Showed some pride and humility.
    I'm taking a shot here and saying his agent told him he better not go home, he better go back...

How he turns out as a NFL QB? No idea

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    JETS fans JETS fans, what kills me with 'em is their expert levels of nothing. Every draft pick from the 1st to the last pick there are no guarantees. Geno Smith was the BPA at 39th. If the JETS did not pick this kid at 39th and he some how happen to drop to one of the PATS 2nd round picks and the PATS so happen to select him. Oh my phucking god this site would crash by these very same JETS fans who today criticize this pick.

- no one is saying Geno Smith is the greatest thing since slice cheese but damn!! support the pick and give the kid a chance.
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 04-27-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno's completion percentage is so high because he threw the highest number of screens and shorter passes amongst draft eligible college qbs last seaon. He also had two very good receivers and was in a very a friendly college system... .

This is why he was not drafted in the first. Aaccording to Gruden EJ Manuel was the most charismatic (best leader) of the QB's he interviewed for the draft. Myself, I was leaning towards Glennon, I felt that despite his immobility he has a higher upside long term.

I was not impressed with Geno's attitude wearing a Jets hat - the rule for football is even if you are getting hammered 42 to 0 never let them see you discouraged, never show emotional weakness. Sanchez was prone to the hangdog look. The likely reason he attended he second day was that there was a Don Banks article in SI stating that Smith was too disgusted to go the second day and it reflected really poorly on his character . Smith knew with the bad publicity he woul likely plummet further. By the time day two started it was obvious he had to show up for day two or loose a lot of money.

Smith is a Jet now, I want him to be successful but if you examine the detailed stats more closely, it suggests that the Smith seen in college may be a product of a great team situation for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Chupa....

Things that make you go "hmmmm...."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are truly serious with this comment?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    I have two doctorates an after seeing some of the posts here regarding Geno's intellect I went back and viewed the Gruden camp video with him.This is no dummy-the kid is sharp. Whether he ca work out of a pro set or can thread a needle remains tobe seen but his menal accuity should not be questionned.
    Absolutely - the kid is really well spoken, u can tell he paid attention in school. He was an English major and supposedly loves literature

There is no doubt in my mind he is a sharp mind

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    I would have felt better if Idzak hadn't been taken to school by the Rams moving up in front of the Jets and stealing WR Tavon Austin the most dynamic WR in the draft who was Geno Smith's teammate and go to reciever at West Virgina.

Geno's poorest performances came against three of the better ranked defenses in the NCAA Kansas State, TCU and Oklahoma who intercepted him five times.

None of the Jets QB's will have the skill players around him. Why no WR's or TE's, Jets lack skill players and are unlikely to find them in the late rounds.

All of the Jets QB's are facing the prospect of being the Christians thrown to the lions.

I'm beginning to agree with Kiper who called the Jets dreadful and a glorified expansion team with no dynamic skill players and too many average players with salary cap killing high contracts.
    We actually have some weapons on O if they are healthy: Holmes, Kerley, Hill and Braylon would be an above average WR core. TE is a little weak, but our RB situation is greatly improved. Ivory is a beast and both he and Goodson can catch coming out of the backfield. I thought Powel was a decent player, but now he is buried on the depth chart. Only issue I see on Offense is TE, but I'm hoping that they Jets saw some things in the rugby guy where they think he may develop into a legit weapon. I heard that he was pretty great in practice. Who knows. I am fine with the O-Line, as Ducasse and Howard are very good run blockers, and both should improve in pass protection and will certainly benefit from not having Suckchez back there holding into the ball all day long. I think the Offense is going to surprise people next year. I could see Garrard keeping us in the playoff hunt, but if we start out slow, it will be "Cave for Clowney" time!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by billygreen

They were booing him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. ADemas started a thread that said he was a Libra. Which is it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

that V-neck , Ralph Lauren sweater was so ghetto...get this racist **** out of here. He conducted himself fine in the interviews i saw..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fall of all these QBs is simple. It is a year where QB was not a need for teams.