Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jets acquire Ivory for fourth-round pick

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    We're setting Geno up for failure giving him

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and Cumberland as his "weapons"

Oh yeah ... And that Australian guy.

All Pro
    Woulda like it for a 5th, but I'll take it. He's got 2nd round talent, just some injury concerns and we're getting him after 4 years into an 8 year career, so no the worst - but that 4th would have yielded a TE/OLB..

Let's hope Long/Catapano are up in the 5th. No safeties left and Kasa will be gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    That's 6 with a few questionable starter designations. 6 out of 32 is oozing? Compare that to 1st or 2nd rounders.
    Is that number in parens the round they were drafted in? Foster was undrafted.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is that number in parens the round they were drafted in? Foster was undrafted.
    No, those are guys I counted as starters that meet his criteria.

That's 6 with a few questionable starter designations. 6 out of 32 is oozing? Compare that to 1st or 2nd rounders.
    The "unemployed" are HB's around the age of 30. Lets not act like they didn't have GREAT careers now.

Ivory himself was undrafted. HB's are dime a dozen and we could've found someone serviceable later on. We won't compete until he's 28 as well. Power backs die early. And I LOVE Ivory.

Saints fans on PFT feeling that Ivory was worth more. Think we're going to like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Woulda like it for a 5th, but I'll take it. He's got 2nd round talent, just some injury concerns and we're getting him after 4 years into an 8 year career, so no the worst - but that 4th would have yielded a TE/OLB..

Let's hope Long/Catapano are up in the 5th. No safeties left and Kasa will be gone.
    Even with jonathan franklin possibly available with our pick? Or phillip thomas to play deep safety?

Jets Insider VIP
    worth a fourth round pick

All League
    The "unemployed" are HB's around the age of 30. Lets not act like they didn't have GREAT careers now.

Ivory himself was undrafted. HB's are dime a dozen and we could've found someone serviceable later on. We won't compete until he's 28 as well. Power backs die early. And I LOVE Ivory.
    That's the biggest bull**** cliche in the NFL. If they are truely a dime a dozen, why are 2/3 of the starters in the league 1st or second round picks?

Obviously, no one will have a line on this team

So many new pieces and so many old ones still to get rid of. Rex will have a "wild card" team until the 5Th game of the season. If we get out of the first four weeks 2 & 2 we could surprise many

All League
    reading what saints fans think

a lot of should of traded pierre thomas or mark ingram instead

ivory should be able to get 1200 and 12 easy for jets

We're setting Geno up for failure giving him

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, and Cumberland as his "weapons"
    We have tons of pick and cap next year too.. This is a process

All Pro
    If he plays 16 games and gets 20 touches per game, he could challenge for the AFC rushing yard title. Foster/T-Rich are his competition.

Does this fan base ever stop *****ing and complaining about every damn move?

That's the biggest bull**** cliche in the NFL. If they are truely a dime a dozen, why are 2/3 of the starters in the league 1st or second round picks?
    Ok going by your logic we just traded a 4th round pick for an undrafted free agent? What is your argument then lol?

I'm saying at 26, we won't compete until he's 28-9, and as a power back, he'll be done by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Does this fan base ever stop *****ing and complaining about every damn move?
    I loved Geno.

He really is. I think some talking heads are reluctantly recognizing it too.
    Agreed.

Also, it will be nice to see NFL D's not stacking 8 in the Box like they have for the past 10 years, 10 years had to say it again, Pennington with his already weak arm hurt 3 times and them knowing Sanchez to be awful from Day 1...now that the Jets will have a QB and a RB that can score from anywhere on the field.

All League
    Ok going by your logic we just traded a 4th round pick for an undrafted free agent? What is your argument then lol?

I'm saying at 26, we won't compete until he's 28-9, and as a power back, he'll be done by 30.
    My arguement is that you were talking out of your ass trying to prove a point with a set of stats that didn't support your argument. I didn't say anything other than I liked Ivory,then called you are your nonsense that low round RB's are all over then NFL as starters.

All Pro
    Demarco Murray
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    BJGE
    Michael Turner
    Darren Sproles
    Arian Foster
    CHRIS IVORY
    Fred Jackson
    Alfred Morris
    Andre Brown
    Steven Ridley
    Lamar Miller
    Jamaal Charles

Bang Bang Bang.
    Those two were 3rd rounders, just sayin

All Pro
    K-Ro's entitled to his opinion - keep it clean, time will see.

It'll be fascinating to see how this (whole) day is judged 3 years from now.