Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did we get 5 day 1 starters in the last 2 days?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we get 5 day 1 starters in the last 2 days?

I think we did. Thats pretty impressive.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least 4, I think Garrard is the guy to start week 1 next season but wouldn't be surprised to see geno in there week 1 in the least either

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not hard to be a day 1....

After the thrashing Idzik did in the off season. We need fewer bouncers, moving men and garbage on the team than some real football players. We are still building for next year 2014, when we should have the cap room to really play in fa. I suspect Izzy will build from the dreft more than fa.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the plan the dolphins had last year but garrard couldnt make it through training camp so tannehill started. I see the same thing happening here. Geno will be the opening day starter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's possible, although I think Geno sits his first year.

Or the first 8-10 games or so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess.

Still have many holes to fill and they won't be filled with three selections in the 5th-7th rounds.

But then again we don't expect to compete this season. Strange draft all in all. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    That was the plan the dolphins had last year but garrard couldnt make it through training camp so tannehill started. I see the same thing happening here. Geno will be the opening day starter.
    Geno needs to sit a season. And that's ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I guess.

Still have many holes to fill and they won't be filled with three selections in the 5th-7th rounds.

But then again we don't expect to compete this season. Strange draft all in all. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
    +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next years schedule, at least the first like 6 games are BRUTAL.

I bet Geno starts sometime next year...and honestly, I would prefer this anyway.

Because going into 2014 draft, whether QB remains a priority needs to be known.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He will have a great mentor in Garrard!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    milliner - liked it but didnt love it
    richardson - loved the player. didnt love the pick
    **at this point, wasnt loving our draft. our offense was anemic last year and we still did nothing to help

geno - hated it. absolutely hated the pick
    then we picked up OG Petermen, RB Ivory

took a step back, starting to like the moves Izdik is making
    i hope Geno works out but we are finally building a team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 starters, and we're set up to finally, properly develop an eventual starting QB for the first time in who knows how long.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy with Idzik's drafting. Upgrade the trenches, add Geno with a value pick in the 2nd, take a RB who has proven he can run in the NFL RIGHT NOW with a 4th. Upgrading most areas of the field and I like what he is doing.

I think Idzik's drafting shows that the Jets are confident enough with their linebacker core (Harris, Davis, Barnes, Pace, Sapp, McIntyre, Mauga) and Safeties (Landry, Bush, Allen, Jarrett) right now. Plus addition of Richardson means more 4-3 looks guaranteed. There will still be plenty of options in the 5th round to upgrade either WR/TE or OLB/SAF so I think he played this draft effectively. When we look back in 5 years I think it will be a good draft so that's all that matters in my eyes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is definitely for the best.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we are smart (lol) we don't start Millner until week five at the earliest. Rushing him back from injury and losing him for 1 or more seasons would be a serious setback we can not afford.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Next years schedule, at least the first like 6 games are BRUTAL.

I bet Geno starts sometime next year...and honestly, I would prefer this anyway.

Because going into 2014 draft, whether QB remains a priority needs to be known.
    Garbage perspective from a usually intelligent poster. We are OUT of the 2014 qb running. Take to time to develop develop this one. Trying to find out if Geno is legit in 2 month span of games with the 2013 Jets would be an epic failure.

#39 = 3 year commitment

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    After the thrashing Idzik did in the off season. We need fewer bouncers, moving men and garbage on the team than some real football players. We are still building for next year 2014, when we should have the cap room to really play in fa. I suspect Izzy will build from the draft more than fa.
    We are going to have a boatload of draft picks next off-season, possibly more then any other NFL team, assuming we don't trade any of them away tomorrow.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garbage perspective from a usually intelligent poster. We are OUT of the 2014 qb running. Take to time to develop develop this one. Trying to find out if Geno is legit in 2 month span of games with the 2013 Jets would be an epic failure.

#39 = 3 year commitment
    What if the panthers thought like this and stuck w clausen and passed on can newts?

If geno just looks ok and we are set up to get a top qb prospect next year, why would we pass?

This could be a clausen/newton situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont you dare bring clausen into this. We are not the 2010 panthers. Talk about a drop in the pond.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont you dare bring clausen into this. We are not the 2010 panthers. Talk about a drop in the pond.
    I agree with him. The point of this is we can see if Geno is for real... if he shows some promise, than we've got our guy. If not, it's only a 2 and we're not married to him. We can grab Teddy or Johnny if need be next year.

Just for context, btw, I like the Geno pick a lot.