Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did we get 5 day 1 starters in the last 2 days?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree with him. The point of this is we can see if Geno is for real... if he shows some promise, than we've got our guy. If not, it's only a 2 and we're not married to him. We can grab Teddy or Johnny if need be next year.

Just for context, btw, I like the Geno pick a lot.
    Such a loser franchise way to conduct yourself.

"Hey! Lets throw a nonpro ready player into action at the most difficult position, with a team of new players, in a new offense, and quickly decide his career arc..."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think we did. Thats pretty impressive.
    I think they will all have to earn it. Richardson I can see us rotating him in and out the 1st few weeks with Garay. Milliner will be eased in as the slot, best play it safe with the injury. Geno will compete with Garrard and eh Tebow. Winters will compete to play RT with Howard.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Very happy with Idzik's drafting. Upgrade the trenches, add Geno with a value pick in the 2nd, take a RB who has proven he can run in the NFL RIGHT NOW with a 4th. Upgrading most areas of the field and I like what he is doing.
    I still feel Geno may start sometime along in 2013, maybe after the bye????

Gotta fill the bill at TE, WR, and OLB with the remaining picks and I'll be a happy fella!!!!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree with him. The point of this is we can see if Geno is for real... if he shows some promise, than we've got our guy. If not, it's only a 2 and we're not married to him. We can grab Teddy or Johnny if need be next year.

Just for context, btw, I like the Geno pick a lot.
    Agreed. Being a second rounder, the investment is much less and the obligation is only 4years.

So essentially he is making close to back up money. Idzik will have a year to access Geno which is more than enough time to decide between Clowney or Bridgewater.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

"Hey! Lets throw a nonpro ready player into action at the most difficult position, with a team of new players, in a new offense, and quickly decide his career arc..."
    He's more pro ready than Sanchez. It would be shocking for him to not start the season, on many levels not all on the field related either.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I think Idzik's drafting shows that the Jets are confident enough with their linebacker core (Harris, Davis, Barnes, Pace, Sapp, McIntyre, Mauga) and Safeties (Landry, Bush, Allen, Jarrett) right now. Plus addition of Richardson means more 4-3 looks guaranteed. There will still be plenty of options in the 5th round to upgrade either WR/TE or OLB/SAF so I think he played this draft effectively. When we look back in 5 years I think it will be a good draft so that's all that matters in my eyes.
    I'm not sure we can infer that Idzik is content with the positions he hasn't addressed in the draft. I think he's simply picking the BAP at the time of each pick, maximizing the value of those picks and the talent level of the team. The positions that aren't taken in the draft will be bolstered as possible via free agency later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Garrard will be the Jets starting qb in 2013 for all 17 games (barring injury)

Geno in 14

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He's more pro ready than Sanchez. It would be shocking for him to not start the season, on many levels not all on the field related either.
    Yeah and Rex and company handled that one so well

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I'm not sure we can infer that Idzik is content with the positions he hasn't addressed in the draft. I think he's simply picking the BAP at the time of each pick, maximizing the value of those picks and the talent level of the team. The positions that aren't taken in the draft will be bolstered as possible via free agency later.
    Agree totally. Why fill all the holes until he knows what he can shake out of the draft. More acquisitions in FA coming for sure.

We should at least see some Geno in the pre-season I would think.

Garrard is the new Brunell, don't think we'll see a lot of him.

and, load up guys, I still think Sanchez has a shot at coming back strong for a least a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yeah and Rex and company handled that one so well
    Oh YEAH! I forgot that Rex was the OC and QB coach this whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Oh YEAH! I forgot that Rex was the OC and QB coach this whole time!
    Cavanaugh was his pick from the Ravens staff and he loved Sparano remember his quote last year a mirror image of himself.

So yes , our DC umm HC has a large share in the mess that was called an offensive gameplan. Funny thing is Shotty was even too progressive for Rex to stand and he was run out of town just like our current highly touted QB. If the Jets FO is smart they keep Geno far away form the HC and lock him in a room with MM and David Lee.

If the Jets were truly starting over they needed to clean house and rid themselves of the offensive liability otherwise known as the HC. Sure now that his job is on the line he brings in MM and Daivd Lee and states he wants an aggressive offense. Want to make bets on how the offensive falls out the first game with multiple turnovers this year. Defense is in his DNA and his dream of winning football is defense , defense , defense with a ball control offense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

People here wanted McElroy to close out the season so we could "see what we had". As if three games on a sinking team was enough to spot a future starting QB vs. future grocery bagger.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Agreed. Being a second rounder, the investment is much less and the obligation is only 4years.

So essentially he is making close to back up money. Idzik will have a year to access Geno which is more than enough time to decide between Clowney or Bridgewater.
    What if we're nowhere near the top of the draft next year? I think I've heard more about Clowney and Bridgewater this year than all the 2013 draft prospects combined.