Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Top 3 needs by position with our last 3 picks

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Top 3 needs by position with our last 3 picks

    I'm going to go with OLB, S, and TE in no particular order. Take the top player on the board at any of those 3 positions. I think we can roll with the WRs we have for this year. Agree?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    I'm going to go with OLB, S, and TE in no particular order. Take the top player on the board at any of those 3 positions. I think we can roll with the WRs we have for this year. Agree?
    LB, WR and TE

    Why do people keep saying we need safeties? We drafted two last year.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point we need to look elsewhere for safety help.

    Kasa or Otten at TE
    Long or Catapano at OLB
    Sinkfield or Harrison at WR

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    At this point we need to look elsewhere for safety help.

    Kasa or Otten at TE
    Long or Catapano at OLB
    Sinkfield or Harrison at WR
    Please tell me you are not thinking of Harrison from Rutgers. He's a Stephen Hill clone (and similar catching problem).

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why hes a 7th rounder. I dont like him. The jets do

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Harrison would be a good pick out of Rutgers but late in draft. I also like Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech.

    If I had to choose from 5 in the 5th that MIGHT be available I'd take Stills(WR), Rambo(FS), Fauria(TE), Washington(OLB), McCray(OLB) if any are available. If Cornelius Washington or Baccari Rambo fall into the 5th I would be pumped if we took them. Maximize those SEC players on the Jets.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cornelius Washington
    Da'Rick Rogers
    Brandon Jenkins
    Josh Evans
    Joseph Fauria
    Baccari Rambo
    Robert Lester

    I'd be fine with any of those guys

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I think Harrison would be a good pick out of Rutgers but late in draft. I also like Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech.

    If I had to choose from 5 in the 5th that MIGHT be available I'd take Stills(WR), Rambo(FS), Fauria(TE), Washington(OLB), McCray(OLB) if any are available. If Cornelius Washington or Baccari Rambo fall into the 5th I would be pumped if we took them. Maximize those SEC players on the Jets.
    Harrison has worse hands than Stephen Hill...Brandon Coleman was a much better receiver at Rutgers and might be worth a look next year

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm saying Harrison as a 7th round pick. There are plenty of other players I'd rather have but he isn't terrible. Everyone in the Jets organization should have been aware of Stephen Hill being a bit of a project, considering he came out of Georgia Tech and that option system.

    Honestly, I like Stephen Hill's attitude, athleticism, and I think he'll be a good WR moving forward.

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say........TE, WR, and or LB not in any order simply the best available player on the board at our drafting time!!!

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    LB, WR and TE

    Why do people keep saying we need safeties? We drafted two last year.
    lol why? because non of the ones we drafted last year are starters or played last year. This year's draft has unprecedented talent at safety where day 1 starters are still on the board going into tomorrow.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    TE is our biggest need for sure..Our WR core sucks but at least we have something there..Cumberland is just pathetic. No way we can go into the season with him starting..

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 TE
    2 ILB
    3 OLB
    4 DE
    5 WR

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're talking about the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

    At this point, the "best player available" philosophy kicks in more than ever.

    I don't give a sh*t if it's offense or defense.

    Hell, I'd rather take another DL that has a chance to contribute over some TE or WR that won't even make the roster.

    Idzik is the truth.

    BPA all the way

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're talking about the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

    At this point, the "best player available" philosophy kicks in more than ever.

    I don't give a sh*t if it's offense or defense.

    Hell, I'd rather take another DL that has a chance to contribute over some TE or WR that won't even make the roster.

    Idzik is the truth.

    BPA all the way
    The one thing I loved about this draft for us is it is back end TE heavy. There are like 10 guys that will be there in the 6th I'd start on this team.

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're talking about the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

    At this point, the "best player available" philosophy kicks in more than ever.

    I don't give a sh*t if it's offense or defense.

    Hell, I'd rather take another DL that has a chance to contribute over some TE or WR that won't even make the roster.

    Idzik is the truth.

    BPA all the way

    Gotta agree with you here. If they see talent that will add depth year 1 in these later rounds, then you have to grab it regardless of position (besides several, obviously).

    Would sort of hope they draft towards areas of need/BPA because some positions an areas of the field are definitely better off than others.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The one thing I loved about this draft for us is it is back end TE heavy. There are like 10 guys that will be there in the 6th I'd start on this team.
    I think we could have Dion Sims (TE, Michigan St.) late. He's an injury risk, but I like the way he plays. He's worth a shot in the 6th round.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I think we could have Dion Sims (TE, Michigan St.) late. He's an injury risk, but I like the way he plays. He's worth a shot in the 6th round.
    Sims, Kasa, and Fauria are still out there.

    Wouldn't mind any of them

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    At this point we need to look elsewhere for safety help.

    Kasa or Otten at TE
    Long or Catapano at OLB
    Sinkfield or Harrison at WR
    Sinkfield's a blazer

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prefer a Safety in the 5th (there is good value and need)

    Sleepers from Ohio State (6th and 7th round)

    John Simon, OLB
    Kiper compared Simon's status as a 'tweener' to that of OSU defensive line coach Mike Vrabel, who spent 16 years in the NFL playing at various spots on defenses for the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, and Kansas City Chiefs.

    "I like the way he plays the game. He's got a lot of versatility. He plays with energy," Kiper said. "Energy, kind of like the old Mike Vrabel who came out of Ohio State, had a nice career in NFL. Play down end, gives you some scheme versatility. Great kid. Tremendously hard worker, great passion for the game."

    Jake Stoneburner, TE (7th or UDFA)
    Project that could block and catch in college. A tight end for three seasons before moving to wide receiver at the start of his senior year (Myer), Stoneburner moved back to tight end in preparation for the draft, where he performed admirably at the scouting combine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us