Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 needs by position with our last 3 picks

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're talking about the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

At this point, the "best player available" philosophy kicks in more than ever.

I don't give a sh*t if it's offense or defense.

Hell, I'd rather take another DL that has a chance to contribute over some TE or WR that won't even make the roster.

Idzik is the truth.

BPA all the way
    If he were truly doing BPA, Geno Smith would not be a Jet. Michael Kaye said on the air on Friday that Idzik said that Woody Johnson "really likes Geno Smith". That's all you need to know.

We have a very covertly meddlesome owner. The order to trade for Tebow, for one. Unlike Jerry Jones, he lurks and dictates critical decisions from the shadows (as his prerogative, of course), something that most other owners don't do.

Hall Of Fame
    Shamarko Thomas in 5th or 6th
    Cornelius Washington in 5th or 6th

If we can find a way to end up with both those guys I would be very happy.

Sign Renfree as a FA. Will make an excellent cerebral backup.

Undrafted Free Agent
    JOHN SIMON DE/OLB OHIO STATE

I know I'm a Buckeye homer but this dude is a football player! His motor never quits. He is a leader and he elevates the play of his teammates. Would love to see him in Green and White.

He reminds me of Jared Allen and he would be well worth taking with one of the last 3 picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    If he were truly doing BPA, Geno Smith would not be a Jet. Michael Kaye said on the air on Friday that Idzik said that Woody Johnson "really likes Geno Smith". That's all you need to know.

We have a very covertly meddlesome owner. The order to trade for Tebow, for one. Unlike Jerry Jones, he lurks and dictates critical decisions from the shadows (as his prerogative, of course), something that most other owners don't do.
    Geno Smith was the consensus #1 QB in this draft.

As recently as just a few days ago, many were still projecting him to go as high as #2 overall to Jacksonville.

I can understand people objecting to taking him in the Top 10, but in the 2nd round? WITHOUT giving up picks to move up for him?

I'm sorry, but some of you guys will whine and b*tch about anything and everything.

Hell, just a couple of months ago you had a good portion of this board that was in favor of trading a 2nd round pick for Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins. Two guys who have about a fraction of the upside that Geno possesses.

If he doesn't work out...then oh well.

At least the front office isn't being complacent and hitching their wagon to Mark f*cking Sanchez.

Veteran

Hell, I'd rather take another DL that has a chance to contribute over some TE or WR that won't even make the roster.

Idzik is the truth.

BPA all the way
    the first part is right. Our draft is over. Rounds 1-3 are all that matter. 4rth is last pick in the draft. 5-7 are just udfa

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    the first part is right. Our draft is over. Rounds 1-3 are all that matter. 4rth is last pick in the draft. 5-7 are just udfa

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Teams all over the league get lucky with 5th-7th rounders every year.

The Redskins hit the ball out of the park with Alfred Morris last year.

We just never have any late round picks because that f*cking dunce Tannenbaum didn't value them at all.

this team needs a tight end in the worst way. cumberland will be hurt before we know it and there's nobody else. nobody.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    this team needs a tight end in the worst way. cumberland will be hurt before we know it and there's nobody else. nobody.
    We're trading for a TE. My guess V. Davis or G Gresham

Geno Smith was the consensus #1 QB in this draft.

As recently as just a few days ago, many were still projecting him to go as high as #2 overall to Jacksonville.

I can understand people objecting to taking him in the Top 10, but in the 2nd round? WITHOUT giving up picks to move up for him?

I'm sorry, but some of you guys will whine and b*tch about anything and everything.

Hell, just a couple of months ago you had a good portion of this board that was in favor of trading a 2nd round pick for Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins. Two guys who have about a fraction of the upside that Geno possesses.

If he doesn't work out...then oh well.

At least the front office isn't being complacent and hitching their wagon to Mark f*cking Sanchez.
    Smith would be a 4th round pick at best in most NFL drafts. He was fortunate to graduate in 2013. Top rated? Leinert was projected to go in the top 10... there is a reason why Geno fell and teams like Philly or Jaacksonville passed twice on him. His film is wildly inconsistent and his pocket presence worries me. I am hoping for MUCH better for the Jets after all these years of not having a franchise QB. I am NOT convinced that Smith can ever rise to that level. I want one of the top QBs from the 2014 class next year and we will probably be in position to get one.

FS
    TE
    WR or OLB or heck, another TE or FS.

All Pro
    Say what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    And what are we using as trade bait - Tebow ?? Sanchez ?? Very unlikey.

I'd rather take a flyer on someone like Chris Gragg from Arkansas, who missed a lot of time this year due to injury and IMO is underated. Another guy who could be a UDFA is the kid from Nebraska Kyler Reed.

At Wr , wold love to see Cobi Hamiliton also from Arkansas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Smith would be a 4th round pick at best in most NFL drafts. He was fortunate to graduate in 2013. Top rated? Leinert was projected to go in the top 10... there is a reason why Geno fell and teams like Philly or Jaacksonville passed twice on him. His film is wildly inconsistent and his pocket presence worries me. I am hoping for MUCH better for the Jets after all these years of not having a franchise QB. I am NOT convinced that Smith can ever rise to that level. I want one of the top QBs from the 2014 class next year and we will probably be in position to get one.
    4th round pick?

You're seriously just pulling stuff out of your ass.

Do I think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady?

No, I don't.

But do I think he can develop into a respectable, Top 15 QB that can manage the game, make smart decisions and not turn the ball over?

Yes, I do.

And I have no damn clue where you guys are getting this idea that next years QB crop is so much better than this one. Aside from Bridgewater, there are no bluechip QB's in next years draft. And unless we have a Top 2 pick, we aren't getting him. We fielded one of the worst offenses I've ever seen last year and were still in playoff contention with 3 weeks left of the season. This defense will prevent us from finishing any worse than 6-10.

You don't play this hypothetical bullsh*t of "oh, we should just draft a QB next year". Nothing is certain in this league. The Jets realized the value in Geno Smith in the 2nd round and they pulled the trigger. Fine job.

4th round pick?

No, I don't.

But do I think he can develop into a respectable, Top 15 QB that can manage the game, make smart decisions and not turn the ball over?

Yes, I do.

And I have no damn clue where you guys are getting this idea that next years QB crop is so much better than this one. Aside from Bridgewater, there are no bluechip QB's in next years draft. And unless we have a Top 2 pick, we aren't getting him. We fielded one of the worst offenses I've ever seen last year and were still in playoff contention with 3 weeks left of the season. This defense will prevent us from finishing any worse than 6-10.

You don't play this hypothetical bullsh*t of "oh, we should just draft a QB next year". Nothing is certain in this league. The Jets realized the value in Geno Smith in the 2nd round and they pulled the trigger. Fine job.
    Tahj Boyd >>> Geno Smith.

And I'd be happy with 6-10. Don't see that happening at all though.

Idzik is the truth.

BPA all the way
    100% go BPA. I love latte more in the fifth as I've said in other threads, but if he's gone, I think Cornelius Washington could be a real legit OLB if he makes it to the 5th. Also one of the Thomas safeties could be a nice value grab.

seriously, who is playing tight end this year. don't say the aussie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    seriously, who is playing tight end this year. don't say the aussie.
    I think we'll look to FA after the draft.

Same with WR

I could see us bringing back Braylon for the vet minimum.

I think we'll look to FA after the draft.

Same with WR

I could see us bringing back Braylon for the vet minimum.
    less concerned with wr. jordan white can also contribute this year. next draft, if they like gino enough, they can go get a #1 wr and maybe a TE too. Te hasn't been addressed yet in FA i think, wonder if they planned to get one today.

4th round pick?

No, I don't.

Yes, I do.

Not to mention that you don't know if any of the Juniors will stay in college or suffer some kind of injury or bad season.

Personally, I don't think that we'll lose enough to finish in the top 3 picks. That's another factor. I'm fine taking Smith with a second round pick and if for some reason we get a top 3 or 5 pick, take a QB if he is that good. I don't think taking a second round QB commits us to anything. Hey, he may work out.

If we end up taking a QB next year, Smith could be a nice-back-up or trade bait.

I'm also not opposed to taking a flyer on Lattimore in the 6th.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ryan Otten TE San Deigo State
    Height: 6-5 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.69

Has very good hands but a tad light for blocking in the NFL. The weight room plus a McDonnal menu and coaching make him a very good prospect A 6th or 7th round pick..