Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Thread: I wouldn't say we can't compete this year.

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    be careful of the schedule talk.....silly to call out wins when you don't even know the full roster or what others teams will look like....look at the patriots now and their draft......may sound crazy but they are not vastly more talented than us.
    The Patsies are far more talented than us. They will kick our asses just like on Thanksgiving 2x this year again.

    Look at our offense, other than Mangold, Name one player who is a top 10 at his position!!! You cant because they are not good.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We are going to be 3-13 at best. The defense lost a lot of talent and the offense has none thats developed enough to compete.
    The only talent lost on the defense were Revis and Landry? Bart was addition by subtraction so was Pouha and Devito

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We are going to be 3-13 at best. The defense lost a lot of talent and the offense has none thats developed enough to compete.
    What talent on the defense did we lose from last year? Dawan is a comparable replacement for Laron. Revis missed 13 games so he wasn't a HUGE factor for us. Bryan Thomas was old and same with Bart Scott. Pouha missed most of last season with a back injury. If you really think DeVito is that big of a talent well then you'll love Richardson. We definitely upgraded this D with Landry, Barnes, Garay, Keeping Pace, Milliner, & Richardson. Not to mention we have a lot of young talent in Wilkerson, Coples, Davis and hopefully some guys who will play well in Bush, Sapp, & Allen.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The Patsies are far more talented than us. They will kick our asses just like on Thanksgiving 2x this year again.

    Look at our offense, other than Mangold, Name one player who is a top 10 at his position!!! You cant because they are not good.
    So you need top 10 players at every position to compete in the nfl? And to be fair name a player on offense outside of Mangold who was top 10 at they're position during the afc championships runs?

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    What talent on the defense did we lose from last year? Dawan is a comparable replacement for Laron. Revis missed 13 games so he wasn't a HUGE factor for us. Bryan Thomas was old and same with Bart Scott. Pouha missed most of last season with a back injury. If you really think DeVito is that big of a talent well then you'll love Richardson. We definitely upgraded this D with Landry, Barnes, Garay, Keeping Pace, Milliner, & Richardson. Not to mention we have a lot of young talent in Wilkerson, Coples, Davis and hopefully some guys who will play well in Bush, Sapp, & Allen.
    Thats nice and swell, but the Offense has NO TALENT. We have a offense that gives the opponent points on a regular basis.

  6. #26
    I am more hopeful after today than I have been in a long time. That being said, good god how I have grown to hate the phrase "ground and pound" in a football, specifically, in a jets context.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    So you need top 10 players at every position to compete in the nfl? And to be fair name a player on offense outside of Mangold who was top 10 at they're position during the afc championships runs?
    we had a top 5 running back, We had Cotchery who was reliable as can be. We had Woody, etc.

    3-13 at best this year, and to add insult to injury the Patsies just may end up being the team to use the Jets facilities for the SuperBowl.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    we had a top 5 running back, We had Cotchery who was reliable as can be. We had Woody, etc.

    3-13 at best this year, and to add insult to injury the Patsies just may end up being the team to use the Jets facilities for the SuperBowl.
    A top 5 running back? Who in hell were they? Jones? LT? Thomas Jones... No just No. LT was far past his prime and had to compete with a mid level runner in Shonn Greene who took the starting job a year later. Kerley was reliable last year. Woody I do miss but Howard was no slouch last year... Another player who I expect to develop.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 04-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Thats nice and swell, but the Offense has NO TALENT. We have a offense that gives the opponent points on a regular basis.
    Still quality free agent Wide receivers available and we have cap space. Jets were also rumored to like several late round TEs that they had official visits with.

    Our O-line is upgraded as Colon, Winters, Peterman > Moore, Slauson
    Our RB core is upgraded as Ivory, Goodson, Powell > Greene, Powell, McKnight
    Our QB core is upgraded as Sanchez (assuming he stays), Smith, Garrard > Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy

    Granted, our TEs are worse but Dustin Keller was sort of a non-factor outside about 4 games last year. If he wasn't missing a game because of injury he was slowed because of it. The major injury to Holmes didn't help and Hill was very raw coming in.

    I see at least even at every position on offense and upgrades on many. I think we will dip into free agency to grab a WR but I don't think it was worth rushing to it. Remember that we could sign Brandon Lloyd tomorrow and we'd all be excited to have him as a playmaker.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    and WHERE are you getting this THREE wins nonsense......get real man....damn. this team will compete.....you have zero clue about what talent is.




    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We are going to be 3-13 at best. The defense lost a lot of talent and the offense has none thats developed enough to compete.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With our defense, I think we'll compete all year

    Our RB's are deep. If Homes comes back healthy, are WR's are fine.

    Our TE's are decent, but you can't fix everything in one year
    Can you elaborate on our WR's being fine? New system that some, if not most haven't played in. Holmes healthy is probably one of the worst Num 1 WRs in the league, not helped at all by the fact that the ball never gets near them consistently.
    I think the WRs are just slightly better than our TE's - without Keller that is saying a lot.

    Do agree that it can't be fixed in one year, but it does need to be fixed because we have zero talent catching the ball.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    and WHERE are you getting this THREE wins nonsense......get real man....damn. this team will compete.....you have zero clue about what talent is.
    I do, My fiance works for a NFL team that I am around aLOT, and I spent the first 40 years of my life at Jets games, training camp etc.

    The Jets offense is one of the least talented and unskilled in the NFL.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    The only talent lost on the defense were Revis and Landry? Bart was addition by subtraction so was Pouha and Devito
    Huh? Pouha and Devito have played great for us and for the majority of the past 2 years or so have been two of the best players at their positions.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    and what the heck does that mean....who the hell makes you the jets authority.....your word dictates what the jets will do in 2013.....lol you truly are out to left field....I could care less how long you have been going to jets games......no wonder people think we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet......your warped logic means jack to me......any rational football fan can see that this team got better.



    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I do, My fiance works for a NFL team that I am around aLOT, and I spent the first 40 years of my life at Jets games, training camp etc.

    The Jets offense is one of the least talented and unskilled in the NFL.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    and WHERE are you getting this THREE wins nonsense......get real man....damn. this team will compete.....you have zero clue about what talent is.
    I just ate a candy bar with marijuana and im nowhere near as high as you must be.

    The Jets lack talent in all 3 phases of the game.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I do, My fiance works for a NFL team that I am around aLOT, and I spent the first 40 years of my life at Jets games, training camp etc.

    The Jets offense is one of the least talented and unskilled in the NFL.
    Well I guess you haven't seen guys like Ivory run yet. Guys like that who are legitimate hard runners open up the field for guys like Holmes and Hill... I am sure you already knew that though...

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    nah dude i don't do drugs or drink alcohol....if you think the jets will win 3 games then thats your deal....I'lll keep being optimistic in APRIL.......calling me high.....you are beyond dense.



    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I just ate a candy bar with marijuana and im nowhere near as high as you must be.

    The Jets lack talent in all 3 phases of the game.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,181
    And by "compete" you mean playoffs? That's likely.

    But it still could be a better season than last year's.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Well I guess you haven't seen guys like Ivory run yet. Guys like that who are legitimate hard runners open up the field for guys like Holmes and Hill... I am sure you already knew that though...
    With the line we have???

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    And by "compete" you mean playoffs? That's likely.

    But it still could be a better season than last year's.
    I think we either just miss or "back in" like the first 2 years. Either way this team is better then it was last year already. And ww srill have 3 picks left.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us