Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wouldn't say we can't compete this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    nah dude i don't do drugs or drink alcohol....if you think the jets will win 3 games then thats your deal....I'lll keep being optimistic in APRIL.......calling me high.....you are beyond dense.
    Been a Jets fan for 45 years, experience tells me 3-13. Funny how this time of year you always post about how good they are, but you disappear once the sucking begins.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    With the line we have???
    What's wrong with the line? we added Colon Winters and the guy from Detroit? Either guy is HUGE upgrade over Slauson and Brandon Moore was getting up they're. We added 2 guards that are physical guys who LOVE to hit. Plus Howard will develop and we already have Mangold and Dbrick

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    What's wrong with the line? we added Colon Winters and the guy from Detroit? Either guy is HUGE upgrade over Slauson and Brandon Moore was getting up they're. We added 2 guards that are physical guys who LOVE to hit. Plus Howard will develop and we already have Mangold and Dbrick
    The line may look better on paper, but thats all it is until they prove that they are worthy of being optimistic.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The line may look better on paper, but thats all it is until they prove that they are worthy of being optimistic.
    True it's merely speculation at this point but they fit our style of play big mean physical knock people off the ball. When Rex said he wants an "attacking" offense I understand what he means now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still cannot see what he meant when he said we're done with ground & pound. We need more depth at TE & WR's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Compete against who? Buffalo? Oakland?
    Yeah, we can compete against the uncompetitive.

Teams like San Fran, New England, Green Pay, Denver, they'll totally bury us.
    Your aren't beating the Raiders. Let see how good that Jet defense is against Raiders offense. Raiders Oline easily handles your Dline. I wonder what the over under on how many yards Dmac will put up on that Jet defense this year.
    There is just too many weapons for the Jets to handle and they have no answer for. I guess you have to find out the hard way again.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-27-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Your aren't beating the Raiders. Let see how good that Jet defense is against Raiders offense. Raiders Oline easily handles your Dline. I wonder what the over under on how many yards Dmac will put up on that Jet defense this year.
    There is just too many weapons for the Jets to handle and they have no answer for. I guess you have to find out the hard way again.
    Pleeeez

Everybody is beating the Raiders. ...like every season. Worst mess in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins will be better than us this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Compete against who? Buffalo? Oakland?
    Yeah, we can compete against the uncompetitive.

Teams like San Fran, New England, Green Pay, Denver, they'll totally bury us.
    They play the game for a reason! Who figured the Ravens in the past SB? With a few breaks we can win a few games against the stronger teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    They play the game for a reason! Who figured the Ravens in the past SB? With a few breaks we can win a few games against the stronger teams.
    We have NO TALENT at the skill positions!!! 3-13 is the best the Jets will do this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Dolphins will be better than us this year.
    Please review your crystal balls and tell us how badly they will beat us. I will absolutely take your info and go to Vegas to bet wildly with your highly rated predictions! If I win big I am going to but a Burger King in downtown Marquette, Michigan and make you the chef!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have NO TALENT at the skill positions!!! 3-13 is the best the Jets will do this year.
    We have lost to teams we had more talent then many times over the years. They play the game for a reason. I think our running backs are a vastly improved group. Holmes is healthy. Kerley is very good. Hill has awesome talent. Jordan White put up great numbers in college. The draft is not over yet. The TE position is not as bad as you want us to be.ieve. Cumberland can be better then Keller. Hayden Smith the Aussie has tons of ability and Reuland played well for us without benefit of a training camp. Wrecks is a run first HC.

I'd advise that you pay more attention to the Jets then idiots like Rich Eisen on TV.

We will win a game or two we have no business winning! That is why the game is played!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is simply not true IMO.

They don't have a stud RB, but they have a bunch of guys with potential, and I think one of them emerges to win the starting job. One of them will be better than Greene, especially in this new offensive system. Goodson is the guy I think has the best shot. He has tons of talent. Ivory can play too.

If Holmes is healthy, the WRs are decent. As dozens of others have said, Hill was a project WR when they picked him, but this is year 2 and he should take a step forward. We saw flashes last year. Kerley is a quality slot WR. They need some depth at the position. I don't have much faith in the other bums they have.

TE needs an upgrade and I don't know where that's going to come from. Cumberland is OK... not a starting caliber player yet. He may not ever be a starter. But he's athletic and can be more than adequate as a #2 with some improvement.

And the season hasn't started yet. There will be some quality players cut before September.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Pleeeez

Everybody is beating the Raiders. ...like every season. Worst mess in the NFL
    No the team that has six Qb's on their roster is the mess. Thank God for the Jets because now they are the BUTT of all jokes(see what I did there) Hey IDzik hows that trade market for T Tebow going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I was skeptical myself until today now I think this team can compete this year. Ivory gives us that ground & pound back and the defense... Dee and Richardson under Rex ENOUGH SAID.
    Idzik's view is long term. However, we have a solid defense in which Rex has the ability to get the most out of. So I do think we will be competitive in games, I don't how many wins that will translate to in 2013.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No the team that has six Qb's on their roster is the mess. Thank God for the Jets because now they are the BUTT of all jokes(see what I did there) Hey IDzik hows that trade market for T Tebow going.
    ughhhhhhhhh so many skip baylesses on JI

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raiders have picked in the top 10 every single year, for how long now? Well, they pick in the top 10 when they don't make stupid trades and give away said top 10 picks.

A lot of teams are allowed to laugh at the Jets. The Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Lions and Browns are not.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to be 3-13 at best. The defense lost a lot of talent and the offense has none thats developed enough to compete.
    Exactly. And no offensive line, at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel much better about this team today than I did a month ago.

Running Game:

While the Jets lost Shonn Greene, he was replaced by two much faster backs. Greene had just over 1,000 yards last season, but he had the lowest yards per carry of any 1,000 yard back. His longest run of the season 36 yards, was lower than any of the other 1,000 yards backs.

Both Ivory and Goodson, averaged over 5 yards per carry, albeit with a much smaller sample size. Regardless, both players are much more explosive than Shonn Greene. Its certainly possible that the running game is better this year with these two players instead of Shonn Greene.

Receiving Game:

The receiving game should be better as Santonio Holmes should be back. In addition, Stephen Hill gets to go through a full off season program. He should be much better than last year, which isn't saying much. I'd like it if the Jets brought back Braylon Edwards for one more year. He played well in the three games he was with the team last year.

Passing Game:

Only Matt Cassel prevented Sanchez from being ranked dead last in 2012. Hopefully we'll get Garrard or Geno Smith starting this year. Garrard will almost certainly put up better numbers than Sanchez did last year, as long as he can stay healthy.

Geno Smith is a wild card, but is known for being accurate and not turning the ball over. Two things that Mark Sanchez does not do well. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Geno Smith would put up better numbers than Mark Sanchez.

Defensive Line:

The dline last year was not very good against the run, finishing 26th in the league. Mike Devito and Po'uha are no longer with the team. Devito is replaced by Couples, who will now be the starter. His game started improving the second half of last season. Po'uha is replaced by Ellis and Sheldon Richardson.

Kendrick Ellis should get better now that he is entering his 3rd year. A four man line of Couples, Wilkerson, Ellis and Richard should be much more difficult to run on.

Secondary:

The Jets didn't have Revis last year, so its basically the same group plus Dee Milliner. The passing defense finished 2nd in the league and only alllowed one 100 yard receiver.

Overall:

Despite a horrible offense last year, the Jets still won six games. Holmes is back, two explosive running backs have been added and its almost a certainty there is a better starting QB than last year. I don't think its a stretch for the Jets to win 8-9 games this season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    Marty>Sparano. Our offense would be better if we went in with the same exact players. Luckily we have upgraded our RB core and if Holmes can be healthy week 1 like we all hope, then our playmakers are already an upgrade. I think our defense is upgraded considering Revis did miss 13 games last year. Hard to think we aren't a better team in 2014 and I think every Jet fan should think so. A healthy Ellis/Garay/Richardson are above DeVito/Pouha and Wilkerson and Coples are only getting better. TE/WR and FS/OLB could be addressed but we have enough players there right now along with 3 more draft picks. Plus, nothing rules out picking up the best WR available in FA (Lloyd, Braylon, Breaston, Robinson).

Only thing that would hold us back is our schedule, but we will compete. No one will look at us as an easy win.
    This team has come a long way sonce the end of last season. A proven OC, GM and defensive whiz HC along with all the FA additions, draft picks and trade additions make for a much improved team. Even the maligned Sanchez should do much better with the new talent and OC we have. Can't wait!!