Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wouldn't say we can't compete this year.

I wouldn't say we can't compete this year.

I was skeptical myself until today now I think this team can compete this year. Ivory gives us that ground & pound back and the defense... Dee and Richardson under Rex ENOUGH SAID.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I was skeptical myself until today now I think this team can compete this year. Ivory gives us that ground & pound back and the defense... Dee and Richardson under Rex ENOUGH SAID.
    With our defense, I think we'll compete all year

Our RB's are deep. If Homes comes back healthy, are WR's are fine.

Our TE's are decent, but you can't fix everything in one year

It is amazing what the realization that Sanchez will not be your QB can do to make you believe IMO. I had it 4 months ago. We have a good OL added some good RBs for our system and already have the WR to put up big plays. With even a viable BU we will improve greatly on O. Maybe not top 16 but it will move the ball a LOT more and likely not turnover the ball as much. Which automatically will breath new life into this team. You can downplay the play makers sure but there is a lot of very good young players on this team right now.

Depends. Define compete. If you mean be competitive game to game then yeah, with the defense they'll play I don't think they'll get blown out often. But I still see them winning 6 games max.

We're better than last year already, but the schedule is pretty tough. I still think 2014 is going to be the start of our window...but I'm feeling better about watching this team play for 16 games, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Depends. Define compete. If you mean be competitive game to game then yeah, with the defense they'll play I don't think they'll get blown out often. But I still see them winning 6 games max.
    I disagree we were a 6 win team last year and we have only gotten better. With younger guys such as Wilk Coples Davis Kerley Hill expected to all become big contributors plus the guys we added the past 2 days I see this team going 9-7 or 10-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It is amazing what the realization that Sanchez will not be your QB can do to make you believe IMO. I had it 4 months ago. We have a good OL added some good RBs for our system and already have the WR to put up big plays. With even a viable BU we will improve greatly on O. Maybe not top 16 but it will move the ball a LOT more and likely not turnover the ball as much. Which automatically will breath new life into this team. You can downplay the play makers sure but there is a lot of very good young players on this team right now.
    Sanchez has nothing to do with why I posted this. He has been managed HORRIBLY here he could still be a good quaterback. If Sanchez is not given a chance to compete it would be a bad move.

I disagree we were a 6 win team last year and we have only gotten better. With younger guys such as Wilk Coples Davis Kerley Hill expected to all become big contributors plus the guys we added the past 2 days I see this team going 9-7 or 10-6
    Tougher schedule. New offense. Lost a lot of vet leadership on defense.

It's OK not to turn it around in one year. But they are still a few playmakers away.

Marty>Sparano. Our offense would be better if we went in with the same exact players. Luckily we have upgraded our RB core and if Holmes can be healthy week 1 like we all hope, then our playmakers are already an upgrade. I think our defense is upgraded considering Revis did miss 13 games last year. Hard to think we aren't a better team in 2014 and I think every Jet fan should think so. A healthy Ellis/Garay/Richardson are above DeVito/Pouha and Wilkerson and Coples are only getting better. TE/WR and FS/OLB could be addressed but we have enough players there right now along with 3 more draft picks. Plus, nothing rules out picking up the best WR available in FA (Lloyd, Braylon, Breaston, Robinson).

Only thing that would hold us back is our schedule, but we will compete. No one will look at us as an easy win.

Compete against who? Buffalo? Oakland?
    Yeah, we can compete against the uncompetitive.

Teams like San Fran, New England, Green Pay, Denver, they'll totally bury us.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    This is borderline surreal......up until today I would be happy with winning 6 games as long as we were competitive...I know this is only on paper but this team will compete...I am looking at other teams...players they have taken....the players idzik brought in like colon, garay, barnes, landry etc....now the draft picks and Ivory who is a bonafide beast....and with Rex focusing on defense....garrard.....geno smith....this is crazy...how has idzik made such schrewed moves...this team has changed overnight.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets will be better than they were last year. The schedule is a little tougher, but I think they are a 6 win team at least. Even a slight upgrade of play at the QB position from last year should at least match the 6 wins. If Geno is the real deal, then who knows?

When do the Jets play they're best football? When NOONE expects anything. This smells like 09 all over again. Except this team is younger and faster DON'T SLEEP.

Hall Of Fame
    three days ago I would say you are nuts........I really cannot say that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Compete against who? Buffalo? Oakland?
    Yeah, we can compete against the uncompetitive.

Teams like San Fran, New England, Green Pay, Denver, they'll totally bury us.
    We'll find out in a few months won't we?

Jets Insider VIP
    Have you seen our draft?

We're going to the Super Bowl!

Hall Of Fame
    be careful of the schedule talk.....silly to call out wins when you don't even know the full roster or what others teams will look like....look at the patriots now and their draft......may sound crazy but they are not vastly more talented than us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    The Jets will be better than they were last year. The schedule is a little tougher, but I think they are a 6 win team at least. Even a slight upgrade of play at the QB position from last year should at least match the 6 wins. If Geno is the real deal, then who knows?

Hall Of Fame
    keep thinking we will win 3 games.....others will think differently....if you don't see that this team got much more talent than last year then thats your deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Have you seen our draft?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Have you seen our draft?

Yes I have. I have also seen upgrades at 4 positions. (Losing Revis is automatically a downgrade for the time being)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We are going to be 3-13 at best. The defense lost a lot of talent and the offense has none thats developed enough to compete.