Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Geno Smith is going to revive Santonio Holme's career

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Geno Smith is going to revive Santonio Holme's career

You heard it here first.

With QB's and WR's its all about chemistry. I think Smith-Holmes will be the Jets version of Cam Newton- Steve Smith.

Expect Pro Bowl caliber performance out of Holmes once Geno Smith is the starter.

-Both Smith and Holmes are from Southern Florida so they share common roots.

-Holmes goes to Africa often so you know he's proud of his black heritage. Having a high profile young black QB with the whole "chip on his shoulder, I was slighted by the system" thing going on, there's going to be instant chemistry.

There will be more chemistry between Smith and Holmes then 20x Jets West camps could ever create.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    You heard it here first.

With QB's and WR's its all about chemistry. I think Smith-Holmes will be the Jets version of Cam Newton- Steve Smith.

Expect Pro Bowl caliber performance out of Holmes once Geno Smith is the starter.

-Holmes goes to Africa often so you know he's proud of his black heritage. Having a high profile young black QB with the whole "chip on his shoulder, I was slighted by the system" thing going on, there's going to be instant chemistry.

There will be more chemistry between Smith and Holmes then 20x Jets West camps could ever create.
    Because black guys all automatically get along, right?

What an absurdly ignorant post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You heard it here first.

So I guess, Reverend Al, that there's really no need to push Geno into a startingrole since David Garrard will obviously revive Holmes' career the same way???

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post

Everyone saw how much Geno suffered in the Green room as his draft stock fell and then his defiance after he was picked. You don't think Holmes watched that and empathized with that? Btw, like I said Smith and Holmes are both from Southern Florida. The connection is natural.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So I guess, Reverend Al, that there's really no need to push Geno into a startingrole since David Garrard will obviously revive Holmes' career the same way???
    Garrard is a old, nearly washed up veteran. He's not going to be in the league for more than 2 years max. Everyone knows that.

Smith is a young QB with a ton of hype. Completely different dynamic.

Holmes is probably psyched the Jets picked up Geno Smith.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes may also be off the team before Geno starts at QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post

+Infinity

I can't believe someone posted this nonsense thread. Racist bastid

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    +Infinity

I can't believe someone posted this nonsense thread. Racist bastid
    geno = cornball brother

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You heard it here first.

Sanchez and Holmes had chemistry until Sanchez couldn't get him the ball.
    Sanchez has trouble with his progressions and gets rid of the ball after the first read. Time to see what Geno can do.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno likes kind bud?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Santonio plays well this season, he'll get one more good payday before being sent out to pasture. Somewhere else. That's all the motivation he needs to go out and "ball".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You heard it here first.

Is the general eu ludius africanae demographic for the rest of the team the reason that Holmes has been so well liked in the locker room up until now?