Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets have improved, despite "experts" opinions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No one is going to compare him to Revis, What your going to hear is Revis would have knocked that ball down, every time a WR catches a ball. And YOU will hear that in your head too. It is natural. I think it is easier for him to come in and replace a future HOF for that reason, no one expects him to be as good as Revis.
    There's also the possibility that Revis isn't even Revis anymore. He might be very good but not what he was at is best (particularly this season when he's not likely to be in his best shape). If Revis gets beat a few times early, nobody will be comparing Milliner to Revis at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm not saying this is how it should be, but the media will forever call him Revis-lite. It's the way things work. I wanted Revis gone as well, but drafting a CB right away with the first pick puts the kid in a difficult spot.
    I wasn't directing the comment at you as much as at the media in general.

There is NO correlation between Millner and Revis other than one forced his way out the door and the other is filling a team-perceived need.

Miliner's success should not be based on Revis any more than Cromartie's or any other DB. It's a weak, lazy correlation and it's sad that's as far as reporters/fans are willing to think logically . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I wasn't directing the comment at you as much as at the media in general.

There is NO correlation between Millner and Revis other than one forced his way out the door and the other is filling a team-perceived need.

Miliner's success should not be based on Revis any more than Cromartie's or any other DB. It's a weak, lazy correlation and it's sad that's as far as reporters/fans are willing to think logically . . .
    Media loves to spin.

Personally, I'm most excited with the Richardson and Winters picks. I think we'll see a large improvement in the pass rush and rushing game, respectively.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No one is going to compare him to Revis, What your going to hear is Revis would have knocked that ball down, every time a WR catches a ball. And YOU will hear that in your head too. It is natural. I think it is easier for him to come in and replace a future HOF for that reason, no one expects him to be as good as Revis.
    Not being sarcastic, but everything you just said is the DEFINITION of comparing him to Revis . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Media loves to spin.

Personally, I'm most excited with the Richardson and Winters picks. I think we'll see a large improvement in the pass rush and rushing game, respectively.
    Agreed. I also thought those two picks were particularly good and, along with Ivory, will really help improve the Jets significantly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Not being sarcastic, but everything you just said is the DEFINITION of comparing him to Revis . . .
    What I was getting at, was that no one in the media, or fans would expect his play to compare with Revis's to make a point about his play being a downgrade to what Revis's play was. This is not Andrew Luck, a guy most were referring to a as a once every 10 year player replacing Manning. That situation deserves and is worthy of comparison. Fans and media can find this worthy of comparison. Millner and Revis are not similar quality players they just play the same position.

But while fans wont verbalize the comparison, fans think it when a play occurs.
    Believe me, 10 times a season I still say to myself that Assante Samuel would have made that play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    People have complained we didn't address offense enough. We have overhauled the offense! New QB (not to mention new style of QB), two new RB, 3 new OL. WR are the same but are our WR that bad? With a good QB Holmes, Hill, and Kerley should be more than fine. We will draft a TE sometime today I would guess to continue the process. I don't know if it will or won't work, but we are trying and I think we have done well.
    Good post. The Geno pick improves everyone on offense. He has the arm strength and accuracy to make Hill a legit deep threat. We can utilize Kerley similar to how WVU used Austin. -I know Kerly is no where near as fast- but using him in sweeps will keep safeties and LBs on him giving Geno extra time to either find Hill Deep or Holmes open over the middle.

I love the Winters pick and with the Peterman signing, we have insurance in case Colon cannot stay healthy.

And what can you say about Ivory other than (to quote the NFL network guys) he runs angry.

After seeing all the offensive moves yesterday, I am liking what they did on Thursday a lot more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    as far as adding more offensive talent to the team, there is still today and there is still round two of vet cuts which will begin shortly
    Yup, and we freed up another 5 mil the other day. We have room to maneuver, especially given we free up even more cap room next season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Juels Santana View Post
    I was with you until this.
    You think he has a command presence?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Idzik was asked about the six quarterbacks on the roster

he first made a joke saying that Rex wanted to add three more

then said

"There will be some decisions. There won't be six quarterbacks when OTAs and camp begin"

not a quote, but that was his gist

I'm thinking they are figuring out the finances of getting rid of Tebow AND Sanchez before OTAs start

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoiler alert:

Football teams need to score points to win football games.
    Our offense is an atrocity. An ATROCITY. It's pathetic. Our draft choices were typical Rex Ryan stupidity.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Spoiler alert:

Football teams need to score points to win football games.
    Our offense is an atrocity. An ATROCITY. It's pathetic. Our draft choices were typical Rex Ryan stupidity.
    Then don't watch. We don't need sojf whiners like you spoiling the season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    Then don't watch. We don't need sojf whiners like you spoiling the season.
    Honestly the Jets are drafting BPA. It's obvious.

If Rex had his way, Revis would still be here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You spoiled my 2012 season by defending Sanchez through week 13 and then defending Rex after that pathetic 2012 display, setting up a sequel only worse.

So boo hoo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly the Jets are drafting BPA. It's obvious.

If Rex had his way, Revis would still be here.
    I understand what idzik is doing wholeheartedly. Build a foundation in the trenches via BPA. just the way I like it.

Wish more posters on here understood that concept.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You spoiled my 2012 season by defending Sanchez through week 13 and then defending Rex after that pathetic 2012 display, setting up a sequel only worse.

So boo hoo.
    So you're saying that given the 2012 roster and then the injuries to the roster the Jets should have won more than 6 games?

Simple yes or no.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what idzik is doing wholeheartedly. Build a foundation in the trenches via BPA. just the way I like it.

We have GAPING holes. We have ZERO offense. WHOEVER our quarterback is is going to fail. So keep applauding BPA for positions we weren't in dire need of and enjoy what 2013 looks like. It's going to be an embarrassing disaster.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I still am not on board with Geno, but they're doing the right thing. I wish a few other players fell our way.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So you're saying that given the 2012 roster and then the injuries to the roster the Jets should have won more than 6 games?

Simple yes or no.
    I had us winning 6 last season before the injuries.
    Saying Rex deserves a cookie? Kidding me?

Lot of people defending a whole lot of things going on in this organization (AGAIN) and yet here we are, amidst one of the most complete team collapses in NFL history. From back to back AFC Championship games to basement of the AFC East in short order.

The Emperor has no clothes.

Defend away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have GAPING holes. We have ZERO offense. WHOEVER our quarterback is is going to fail. So keep applauding BPA for positions we weren't in dire need of and enjoy what 2013 looks like. It's going to be an embarrassing disaster.
    Added:

Peterson
    Colon
    Winters
    Goodson
    Ivory
    Smith

It's not like they ignored the offense. Agree/disagree, there weren't as many options at the spots the Jets picked.