Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gil Brandt on our draft

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Even the haters can't deny the Jets got good value at each pick, so I'm really kind of shocked how much the majority of our fanbase dislikes our draft.
    I don't think you can say the majority of the fan base dislikes our draft. There is the usual *****ing and whining, especially after day one, but after yesterday's draft it looks to me like the majority is fully on board with what Izdik is doing. There will always be loud malcontents, but I (and many, many others) like what's been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Even the haters can't deny the Jets got good value at each pick, so I'm really kind of shocked how much the majority of our fanbase dislikes our draft.
    Not going to lie. My opinion of the draft changed on day 2 when we really started to fill our needs (QB, G & RB).
    Very happy!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    I hate listening to so-called "experts" giving their opinion as a method to stir the pot. Most experts are just people with egos that want attention. Gil Brandt is on of the few "experts" that I actually view as an expert. Not just saying that because what he said, just listen to him on Sirius and you'll know he actually understands the game.
    Gil Brandt is out there just giving his honest opinion. He's not looking to compete for twitter followers, he's not looking for web-page hits, he's not looking to boost his "rep" or compete against other draft prognosticators.

Almost everyone else has some sort of agenda.

Trashing the Jets "sells" now.

Just look at Florio. Every other story on PFT is something about the Jets and 99% of the time it's him or one of his little minions slamming the team.

I just don't understand why people were upset with the two guys we took on day 1. No offensive player was worthy of the pick. Warmack was not the best fit and Austin and Cooper were gone. If we had some of these guys as our GM we would be worse than the Bills.