Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAKE LATTIMORE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

TAKE LATTIMORE

There are so many reasons this makes sense to take a flyer here. I know its a position of strength and he is coming off a devastating injury, but he has a CHANCE to be a grand slam. The Jets are most likely going to struggle this upcoming season and will have extra picks to stockpile youngsters next season. He has the chance at being a cheap superstar and if he flops?? All that was wasted is a 5th rounder. I like he direction the Jets are now headed in overall and hope they see the potential here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id take a chance in the 6th and 7th rounds, a 5th round pick can still net us a quality player and possibly a starter, I'd prefer not to take a chance on a guy who has had such devastating injuries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely wouldn't be upset with a 5th or higher for Lattimore, but he's really a luxury pick for a team that doesn't need immediate contributions from late-round rookies. Jets need bodies at multiple positions, and RB is not one of them right now.

SF is a perfect landing spot for Lattimore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't he that guy from that football movie from the 90s

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chances of us drafting him are slim to none. We just traded a pick for Ivory. We currently have Powell, Goodson, Ivory and McKnight on the roster. If we pick another guy up it will be an UDFA.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see Mcknights name coming up in trade talks here so we can net a 4th or 5th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I definitely wouldn't be upset with a 5th or higher for Lattimore, but he's really a luxury pick for a team that doesn't need immediate contributions from late-round rookies. Jets need bodies at multiple positions, and RB is not one of them right now.

SF is a perfect landing spot for Lattimore.
    A home run hitter is not a luxury for anyone IMO. He had top ten talent, worth a flyer to see if it returns after his injury.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we took him with our 6th round pick, I would be in heaven. This guy might have been the top ranked offensive player in the draft if not for the injuries. In terms of pure athletic talent, best college back I had seen in a while. Instant direction changes, never fumbles, great character... a leader, forward-moving -not a dancer with happy feet-,low center of gravity, great balance, lots of yards after contact (watch 3:04 in the video).... Who knows if he still has that superman direction change ability after the injury but its definately worth the low draft pick risk imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iova6SfF0V0

I swear to god... I had a nightmare last night that the PATRIOTS selected him in the 7th round, only to see him terrorize us for the next decade.
    Last edited by MadCroatian; 04-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we hadn't picked up Ivory I'd be down for Lattimore, but right now there are still five glaring holes on this team and with only three picks left I say we try and address them. If he's an UDFA, sure, take a chance, but I think he goes in the 6th.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been saying this since he declared, I totally agree. The dude put on 20 lbs of muscle WHILE REHABBING HIS KNEE, which is unprecedented (per dr. Andrews)

There are more starters to be had, but this guy's work ethic is incredible, since before he was injured, and will all but insure his return to being elite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a write up yesterday on Jonathan Franklin out of ucla. I'd prefer him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    doesn't make any sense to draft him or any other rb, if we trade a 4th for ivory just signed Goodson, Powell and McKnight

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If we hadn't picked up Ivory I'd be down for Lattimore, but right now there are still five glaring holes on this team and with only three picks left I say we try and address them. If he's an UDFA, sure, take a chance, but I think he goes in the 6th.
    I agree completely. He is a high risk luxury and we still have other needs to fill.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WR, TE, OLB, S, OL is my preference. Just no room for Lattimore as much as he is a good kid.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    doesn't make any sense to draft him or any other rb, if we trade a 4th for ivory just signed Goodson, Powell and McKnight
    Just because we have a lot of ok to good RBs doesn't mean we shouldn't tack a swing at a potential walk off grand slam with a late pick. Lets be real 5th rounders are basically a 50/50 shot on whether they become legit starters or not, with a 1% chance they break out to be a star. With latte more those chances are MUCH higher.

I get that we have other holes, but honestly, we're not winning next year, we've added some nice pieces this year but we're going to have to address a lot of stuff next year too. Get this beast now and next year with an OLB and another o lineman, well be legit

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    WR, TE, OLB, S, OL is my preference. Just no room for Lattimore as much as he is a good kid.
    You can't be so staunch about positions in the late rounds, it's an even mor appropriate time to go BPA. Otherwise you're killing your value. If this were the third or even fourth round maybe I'd agree but by round five, its just time to swing for the fences.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Just because we have a lot of ok to good RBs doesn't mean we shouldn't tack a swing at a potential walk off grand slam with a late pick. Lets be real 5th rounders are basically a 50/50 shot on whether they become legit starters or not, with a 1% chance they break out to be a star. With latte more those chances are MUCH higher.

I get that we have other holes, but honestly, we're not winning next year, we've added some nice pieces this year but we're going to have to address a lot of stuff next year too. Get this beast now and next year with an OLB and another o lineman, well be legit
    +1

Of course you don't pass up some you legitimately want for a flyer on the guy, but if Idzik is going BPA I have no problem grabbing the guy.

If he turns into what he could be, at the very least you trade him for more than you gave up. Knowing Ivory has an injury history to deal with makes it even more logical to grab the guy if you REALLY think it's a matter of time before he regains his Top 10 form.

In fact, think of it this way. If the guy really was a top 10 RB, would you trade a 4th and a 5th to get him? And still have Ivory in your stable to boot?

For as much as I don't mind grabbing Geno with our 2nd, I'd say that more of a risk/waste of a pick than grabbing this guy with a 5th . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    +1

Of course you don't pass up some you legitimately want for a flyer on the guy, but if Idzik is going BPA I have no problem grabbing the guy.

If he turns into what he could be, at the very least you trade him for more than you gave up. Knowing Ivory has an injury history to deal with makes it even more logical to grab the guy if you REALLY think it's a matter of time before he regains his Top 10 form.

In fact, think of it this way. If the guy really was a top 10 RB, would you trade a 4th and a 5th to get him? And still have Ivory in your stable to boot?

For as much as I don't mind grabbing Geno with our 2nd, I'd say that more of a risk/waste of a pick than grabbing this guy with a 5th . . .
    And, to take it one step further, I don't think it's safe to assume Powell, McKnight, Goodson or ivory are sure things. They should provide a nice competition. but we also thought shonn Greene had pretty good potential after how he wrapped up the 2010 season and we saw how that played out. One things all of these guys have in common - they never were able to demonstrate enough to TAKE the staring job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Lattimore in a second if he was there in the 5th round.

Powell is terrible, not sure why people keep bringing him up. McKnight is good as a kick returner, thats about it.

I'd take my chances with Goodson, Ivory and Lattimore as the three backs and see which emerges as the starter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I can see Mcknights name coming up in trade talks here so we can net a 4th or 5th.
    McKnights one of the worst backs in the league no chance we even get a 7th for him